Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:29 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Amil
CUN to LAX flight is tmw just got the email. not sure which will be good.
I don't know if they have more than one veggie lasagna in their repertoire, but I think this one includes basically a solid layer of mushrooms hidden in the lasagna. So if that's a dealbreaker, or conversely if you really like mushrooms, then the choice is pretty clear
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I somehow missed that the LGA-ORD Delta Shuttle flights are now Operated By Delta Air Lines dba Delta Shuttle (ie: they've gone all mainline 717). After getting the preselect meal options (Hot Smoked Turkey Sandwich on a flaky pletzel croissant or Chilled Lemongrass Chicken with pad [sic] Thai rice noodle salad), I went into my reservation and noticed I could put in an SPML (when the Shuttle was operated by the regionals, there was a meal service but no SPML), which I did.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by cubs105

Ok which one do I choose?
Same exact choices DTW-TPA lunch flight on 6-13-19. SDC’d off the flight.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cubs105

Ok which one do I choose?
just ate the salad on a MSP-DCA flight and it’s pretty good. Chicken, Asparagus, Green Onions and Pad Thai noodles. The turkey sandwich on a pretzel roll also looked decent.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: Delta SM
Should this work for all domestic FC?

Does anyone know if the meal pre-select should be working on all domestic first class flights or only certain flights? I was expecting an email to select for a flight out this Friday, MSP-LAS. Didn't get one so called, and CSR said pre select isn't available for that flight. Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by SpiceMSP
Does anyone know if the meal pre-select should be working on all domestic first class flights or only certain flights? I was expecting an email to select for a flight out this Friday, MSP-LAS. Didn't get one so called, and CSR said pre select isn't available for that flight. Thanks
For whatever reason sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't. It's very frustrating that they still haven't figured out how to put the meal order option on the reservation and/or make the emails more reliable. I was successfully able to pre-order through Twitter support once. Ask what specific menu items are available for pre-select to make sure they understand you're not looking to get a special meal.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:56 pm

Yeah, I haven't received any of the pre-select emails for a few FC flights and a Delta One from NRT, wish they could get this working for everyone consistently. I sent a message on twitter and after a while they were able to confirm the menu and make my selection. So we will see how it goes on Friday! Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL DM
I received my pre-select email last night for my upcoming ANC-ATL flight. The email arrived right around T-70, which is consistent with my other pre-select experiences. While I am happy for the consistency of emails arriving (seems many are still having issues) I will say I was disappointed with the choices. They were either: Artisan Fusiloni Pasta with a Tuscan mushroom sauce, or a Breaded Chicken Cutlet Milanese style with roasted veggies. On 3 out of the last 4 Domestic F flights I have had that offered a dinner or lunch service this has been the same menu. Needless to say I have tried both options. I went with the pasta as the chicken, while tasty, has been fairly dry in the past. I was hoping the menu would be somewhat more upscale for the 7 hour flight. Hopefully my return flight in a week will have a different option. My flying has been predominantly west coast lately, so hopefully a flight out of ATL will offer something different. My husband had a very delicious looking salmon dish last week ATL-MSP.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:20 pm

Going the twitter route to have them pre-select worked well for me. They had me on the list for the correct selection for the flight on Friday. I have a D1 flight next month so will go that route if I don't receive an email by T72-ish. Thanks to everyone on this thread for the tips - even if the email pre-select isn't working at least twitter or calling is an option!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I have some 15 year old Special Meal request (remember back when meals were regular, and Specials most often meant a highly quality food?) in my corporate agency profile. Today I learn that such an entry results in no D1 Pre-Flight (at T-72) email being sent - ugh. (yes, my first D1 flight is this week)

I called to do it over the phone, but Res agents have no access to the menu, can only order "chicken" or "fish"... but won't know the preparation (such as is it breaded/fried, etc.).

Does anyone know July's menu to Europe (my route is SLC-AMS), to help me choose in my calling Res?

Thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
I received my pre-select email last night for my upcoming ANC-ATL flight. The email arrived right around T-70, which is consistent with my other pre-select experiences. While I am happy for the consistency of emails arriving (seems many are still having issues) I will say I was disappointed with the choices. They were either: Artisan Fusiloni Pasta with a Tuscan mushroom sauce, or a Breaded Chicken Cutlet Milanese style with roasted veggies. On 3 out of the last 4 Domestic F flights I have had that offered a dinner or lunch service this has been the same menu. Needless to say I have tried both options. I went with the pasta as the chicken, while tasty, has been fairly dry in the past. I was hoping the menu would be somewhat more upscale for the 7 hour flight. Hopefully my return flight in a week will have a different option. My flying has been predominantly west coast lately, so hopefully a flight out of ATL will offer something different. My husband had a very delicious looking salmon dish last week ATL-MSP.
I also got my pre-select email last night at T-70 with the same two options. How's the pasta? I chose it based on your post about the chicken being dry but can still change it.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by canyonleo
I have some 15 year old Special Meal request (remember back when meals were regular, and Specials most often meant a highly quality food?) in my corporate agency profile. Today I learn that such an entry results in no D1 Pre-Flight (at T-72) email being sent - ugh. (yes, my first D1 flight is this week)

I called to do it over the phone, but Res agents have no access to the menu, can only order "chicken" or "fish"... but won't know the preparation (such as is it breaded/fried, etc.).

Does anyone know July's menu to Europe (my route is SLC-AMS), to help me choose in my calling Res?

Thanks!
This is really good info! I wonder if others who are not getting emails are having the same issue?
In terms of not getting more details, hang up and call again. The agent should be able to see the menu but they don't all know how.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:32 am

No, I've called three times (HUCA expert lol). The agents can only choose for you, i.e. "fish" or "chicken"... they can't see "...in a coconut thai broth with fresh basil..." type preparation detail.

Nor is such detail available online, nor in the app.

Hoping someone traveling here in early July can post a copy of the July US>Europe menu (assuming it's the same from SLC as ATL/DTW/JFK/MSP/etc.).
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:16 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by canyonleo
No, I've called three times (HUCA expert lol). The agents can only choose for you, i.e. "fish" or "chicken"... they can't see "...in a coconut thai broth with fresh basil..." type preparation detail.
If these have all been phone calls, you might give Twitter a try -- can't be worse, anyway :-/
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:15 pm

I might, but I don't twitter... nor FB or instachat or snapgram... FT is about as close as I get to social media (OK, LNKD for work).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.