Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Ive had the kebab dish before on DL although it was a while ago. They were good!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT PL
Pre-ordered the chicken salad from MCO to LGA. Was surprised when the nice flight attendant acknowledged it and called me by name. The person next to me seemed jealous
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by apodo77
I wonder if the charcuterie plate will be similar to the deli meat plate that has been around for awhile and they just gave it a fancier name.
Not very many pax on my MCO-MSP flight last evening seemed to have preordered. The F.A. was very friendly and chatty, but was basically saying the "charcuterie plate, umm, it's meat and cheese plate with a fancy name. Oh and you get focaccia". At one point she joked "I'm going old school Flight Attendant: Chicken or Beef! ... Chicken or Beef!" As a vacation-heavy flight, her light hearted style worked well.

I had preordered the warm lemongrass chicken with rice and veggies. It was decent, with a good amount of fresh veg. The asian slaw served on the side was extremely flavorless and dull. Seemed almost undressed, but no side dressing was on the tray?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RaflW
Not very many pax on my MCO-MSP flight last evening seemed to have preordered. The F.A. was very friendly and chatty, but was basically saying the "charcuterie plate, umm, it's meat and cheese plate with a fancy name. Oh and you get focaccia". At one point she joked "I'm going old school Flight Attendant: Chicken or Beef! ... Chicken or Beef!" As a vacation-heavy flight, her light hearted style worked well.

I had preordered the warm lemongrass chicken with rice and veggies. It was decent, with a good amount of fresh veg. The asian slaw served on the side was extremely flavorless and dull. Seemed almost undressed, but no side dressing was on the tray?
There's also a chilled lemongrass chicken with noodles being offered as a menu choice now. Did DL find a sale on lemongrass and buy a boatload of it?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I have noticed that they now, on domestic flights, seem to be offering two meat options instead of one meat and one vegetarian (pasta) dish. This is disappointing considering how extremely bad the special vegetarian meals are.
That is disappointing. I wouldn't think having a pasta option (even if only as a pre-order), would be that difficult, especially since they always seem to offer one on international flights.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I have noticed that they now, on domestic flights, seem to be offering two meat options instead of one meat and one vegetarian (pasta) dish. This is disappointing considering how extremely bad the special vegetarian meals are.
On the flip side I was very disappointed to see a choice of vegetarian lasagna or salmon salad on a recent flight (April 3rd). Don't eat seafood and not a vegatarian.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Is it just me or are others still not getting the emails for this?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by apodo77
On the flip side I was very disappointed to see a choice of vegetarian lasagna or salmon salad on a recent flight (April 3rd). Don't eat seafood and not a vegatarian.
Not really "the flip side." In this case, you can eat at least one of the options (even if you would prefer meat) whereas a vegetarian can't eat something with meat in it.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM,Hilton diamond
Originally Posted by puck021
Is it just me or are others still not getting the emails for this?
you are not alone both my wife and I ,both 2MM , have never received an email despite numerous international flights. Delta’s response “ just call the diamond desk and select”. The major problem is diamond desk only asks if you want chicken or beef no further details . I would have hoped they could have figured this out or at least had a website to log into through delta.com to make selection.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Today I called the DM line because I didn't receive the meal preselect email for a domestic FC dinner flight. After clarifying that I wasn't trying for a special meal and the deadline should be 24 rather than 48 hours, the agent told me that there was a new functionality and he could give me the exact meal descriptions for my flight. He then apparently used one of the chicken/beef/salad/ etc. codes to order the meal I picked.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Today I called the DM line because I didn't receive the meal preselect email for a domestic FC dinner flight. After clarifying that I wasn't trying for a special meal and the deadline should be 24 rather than 48 hours, the agent told me that there was a new functionality and he could give me the exact meal descriptions for my flight. He then apparently used one of the chicken/beef/salad/ etc. codes to order the meal I picked.

Just to clarify, did he in fact give read you the descriptions?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
EDIT: I looked up what bistro sauce is
(Apparently there is this thing called Google?)
Anyway, this is for JFK-FLL.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:08 pm

Just to clarify, did he in fact give read you the descriptions?
Yes.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:33 pm

MCO-JFK Cheeseburger Sliders or Grilled Chicken Farro Salad.

Ordered the Cheeseburgers as I found the Farro salad to lack dressing (regardless of the description saying that it is tossed in a dressing of sorts) last time I had it, all be it from a different station.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP
Question for the posters in this thread...Are the emails to First Class passengers random? Who gets them and who doesn't? I have flown in paid F...booked more than 72 hours out during meal times probably 10-12 times since the start of the year and I have not received a pre-order email yet. I have asked the PM line a couple times and asked and both times the agents have not been able to really give me any more of an answer other that it is automatically generated by the system. I asked the FA on my flight from PHX to MSP yesterday and he said he had no idea who gets pre-order emails and who doesn't. He told me that out of the 20 passengers in F...only 5 had pre-orders. I had my flight booked on that particular flight for about 10 days or so.

It is not something I am up at night loosing sleep over...but seeing this tread again today made me think to ask here.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.