Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP "Escape Lounge" open

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I had always assumed that the PGA lounge was a temporary thing associated with last summer's Ryder Cup in the Twin Cities.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Renes Points

This is a very nice lounge. Will have a full post up tomorrow (link live on my blog now).

They are "soft open" now with official open in January.

They are working to be a Priority Pass lounge (& other programs) but not in place as of today.

Amazing twin runway views. Could stay here all day. I can promise you this lounge will mean less crowded Sky Clubs (cuz more will come here)! ^

I have that same butcher board xD
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
In the lounge now. The space is nice (great tarmac views) and it's nearly empty.

The food options, OTOH, are not good at all. All the bread and pastry items are at least a day old. Fruit is sad looking. There was one lonely serving of scrambled eggs, and they were barely edible. No glasses, had to use a paper coffee cup for orange juice. Attendants are pulling disappearing act.

Oh, and the internet is unstable and varies between okay (10 mbps) and terrible (<1 mbps).

ETA: In SkyClub now . . . omg what a total cluster. I'm thinking UC would have been my best choice here.

Last edited by Kacee; Oct 30, 2017 at 9:20 am
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've never been there for breakfast, but I've enjoyed good raw ham (prosciutto?), interesting cheese, and elegant cracker like things in the middle of the day. They also have nice salads on offer, plus some hot sandwiches that I've never tried.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've never been there for breakfast, but I've enjoyed good raw ham (prosciutto?), interesting cheese, and elegant cracker like things in the middle of the day. They also have nice salads on offer, plus some hot sandwiches that I've never tried.
I've been there 5 times in the past year before they dumped PP. The food was erratic, sometimes bountiful and fresh, and other times sparse and stale. It's always less crowded than the main SC which was it's main benefit.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bergamini
I've been there 5 times in the past year before they dumped PP. The food was erratic, sometimes bountiful and fresh, and other times sparse and stale. It's always less crowded than the main SC which was it's main benefit.
But have you visited since people can no longer enter on PP?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
But have you visited since people can no longer enter on PP?
I have. The Prosciutto is very good. I like how they leave a variety of cheeses out with some meats. However, it does get depleted and not replenished as often as I'd like. The soups are soup and the sandwiches I have found to be pretty tasty. As you pointed out the salads are a nice touch.

They have moved to having a single attendant who both checks people in and serves as a bartender. Given Amexs association with them I find this unacceptable. The lounge has never had more than 10 people after leaving PP.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:17 am
Original Poster

I hope they're not thinking of closing the lounge or curtailing its hours.

BTW, the last time I was there I saw at least two employees. This would have been earlier this month.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Is PGA still giving a credit to PP members since Escape is no longer part of PP? I have a layover in December at MSP for 2 1/2 hours and the SC's are always too packed.

Since it's December and I haven't booked the trip yet I'm thinking of going for a really long layover and going to MOA, just not sure what to do with my bags since I'll be carrying on
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Is PGA still giving a credit to PP members since Escape is no longer part of PP? I have a layover in December at MSP for 2 1/2 hours and the SC's are always too packed.
Yes, the PGA PP credit is still in effect.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
I have. The Prosciutto is very good. I like how they leave a variety of cheeses out with some meats.
The sliced cheese they had out this morning was dried out and had pretty obviously been cut and placed out yesterday (or even earlier). Maybe I'm too picky, but recycling the prior day's food is just gross.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Yes, the PGA PP credit is still in effect.
Does PP just give a credit or is it good for full admission? I've never tried it.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL Plat
I've been in the early afternoon, after the change to not allow pp, and the food was abysmal. The hot items looked like the had been out for hours and the cold food was picked apart. The agent at the entrance did not swipe my card and acted like it was the first time she had seen an Amex plat card (I was asked if the card is made out of Platinum) so I'm not sure how many Amex customers are visiting. The DL SC was a much better choice.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Does PP just give a credit or is it good for full admission? I've never tried it.
Not being a golf person, I only went once so far out of curiosity and just used PP as bar credit (and left a cash tip). Got the wine flight, which was supposed to be 3 oz pours of 3 wines. But the barkeep was too busy to care and poured very full glasses of all of them.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Not being a golf person, I only went once so far out of curiosity and just used PP as bar credit (and left a cash tip). Got the wine flight, which was supposed to be 3 oz pours of 3 wines. But the barkeep was too busy to care and poured very full glasses of all of them.
Maybe the bartender likes tips.
jamesteroh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.