Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP "Escape Lounge" open

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I asked last week at MSP. Escape and the PP PGA lounge are both still closed, with no further information.

Surprisingly, more merchants at the airport were closed than I remember from the fall. It was hard to buy a snack to take on board since FC wasn't going to be serving much.
That's new, and somewhat surprising. The PGA lounge was open when I flew out of MSP in late March.
Old May 4, 2021, 10:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by drminn
That's new, and somewhat surprising. The PGA lounge was open when I flew out of MSP in late March.
I was surprised too, and I asked at the information desk. This was a weekday morning, so I think it's unlikely that it was simply closed at that time.

Cancel that. I just checked the PP website and they say it's open from 11 am to 8 pm every day. I was there before 11 am, but it's strange that the information desk guy (located within sight of the PGA lounge entrance) didn't tell me that.
Old May 4, 2021, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by ck8
Still closed! No updates on their FB page either and questions go unanswered. I guess they laid off their social media person too? The Governor has loosened many restaurant restrictions and some of the SkyClubs are open. What in the heck is their benchmark for opening especially going into peak travel season? I don't get it.

Edit: Didn't realize this was a Delta thread. I found it by search.
MAG USA, which operates Escape Lounges, won't have to pay rent for the space until at least July 2021. Wouldn't be surprised if they keep it closed until then.

Source: Metropolitan Airports Commission
tardyturtle likes this.

Last edited by kpottermn; May 4, 2021 at 11:12 am Reason: adding source
Old May 4, 2021, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Im kind of surprised they didn't stay open with minimal hours and staff and apply for a PPP loan. If they had no rent the PPP loan would have covered their staffing.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Escape MSP is still very much closed as of today and it appears that it’s nowhere close to ready to open anytime this month.

The UA lounge at MSP is still closed too.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 5:43 pm

The Escape Lounge at MSP appears to be open but only between 8 am and 4 pm.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
At MSP now. Flight is delayed to HNL by a couple hours so checked it out.

You can now get in with a Delta Reserve Am Ex card as well. Nice enhancement to the card benefits. Unlike the Centurion Lounge, they do charge for a lot of premium spirits but freee selection is pretty good. Food selection was ok but not as good as skyclub but a lot less crowded. Wifi isn’t that great.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I was here last week, I couldn't get onto the Escape lounge wifi, so I used he airport's free wifi instead. I don't see the difference as Escape doesn't require a password either.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
At MSP now. Flight is delayed to HNL by a couple hours so checked it out.

You can now get in with a Delta Reserve Am Ex card as well. Nice enhancement to the card benefits. Unlike the Centurion Lounge, they do charge for a lot of premium spirits but freee selection is pretty good. Food selection was ok but not as good as skyclub but a lot less crowded. Wifi isn’t that great.
I'm also here atm. Honestly, while I like the privacy and ambience, the staff appears overwhelmed.As a result, the food tastes as though it is stale or was left out for way too long.

It's kinda sad, I remember the food being so much better when it first opened.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:04 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I stopped by the Escape Lounge last Sunday from 6:45 PM to 8 PM. After first swinging by the C SC I was happy to head somewhere with modern furniture and I was hoping for a good dinner as I'd enjoyed in years past.

The space is still really nice. I love the views, the lighting and the wide variety of seating choices.

They had a good local beer in a can too

The food however was just awful. That chicken dish was inedible and tasted like a $1 Michelina microwave meal. I cannot believe how far down in quality the food has been from 2017-2018 when I was here last.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by CMK10
I stopped by the Escape Lounge last Sunday from 6:45 PM to 8 PM. After first swinging by the C SC I was happy to head somewhere with modern furniture and I was hoping for a good dinner as I'd enjoyed in years past.

The space is still really nice. I love the views, the lighting and the wide variety of seating choices.

They had a good local beer in a can too

The food however was just awful. That chicken dish was inedible and tasted like a $1 Michelina microwave meal. I cannot believe how far down in quality the food has been from 2017-2018 when I was here last.
It really is unfortunate; not only does it taste bad, but it’s always stale.

Maybe they’re still short-staffed and have the lounge attendant also managing the food, but there’s still no excuse. Especially when I know what they’re capable of and how it used to be.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Has this lounge improved any in recent months? Will have a 90 min layover at MSP with 2 guests in a couple days, and I would rather not burn my 2 DL guest passes to get them into SkyClub. But if this place is an embarrassment I don't think I would want to take them here either...
Old Oct 9, 2022, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Has this lounge improved any in recent months? Will have a 90 min layover at MSP with 2 guests in a couple days, and I would rather not burn my 2 DL guest passes to get them into SkyClub. But if this place is an embarrassment I don't think I would want to take them here either...
Not really.

I was here about 3.5 weeks ago when the MSP SC line was too long to get in.

Was able to at least get in here but there were no seats, the food looked pretty bleak, and as noted above there are a few free drinks but most are premium. I'd rather sit at Vino Volo or Lake Wine Kitchen + Bar and have a decent glass of wine and a less crowded atmosphere (at least when I was there, LWK+B was virtually empty) vs. the Escape Lounge
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Duke787
Not really.

I was here about 3.5 weeks ago when the MSP SC line was too long to get in.

Was able to at least get in here but there were no seats, the food looked pretty bleak, and as noted above there are a few free drinks but most are premium. I'd rather sit at Vino Volo or Lake Wine Kitchen + Bar and have a decent glass of wine and a less crowded atmosphere (at least when I was there, LWK+B was virtually empty) vs. the Escape Lounge
I took a peek a few weeks back, and I could tell from a distance that the food was terrible.

Amex might as well close that dump. I'm not visiting it anymore, and they should save their swipe fees.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
I took a peek a few weeks back, and I could tell from a distance that the food was terrible.

Amex might as well close that dump. I'm not visiting it anymore, and they should save their swipe fees.
I agree this lounge, especially the food, is not what it was pre-covid. I still go there when travelling with guests or my kids, as it is better than sitting at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.