Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

GM got a complimentary upgrade before PM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:49 am

There is something wrong with Delta's upgrade system. I was recently on a flight from DEN to DTW as a GM on a V fare and I was the very last on the upgrade list. I was 37 of 37. It is hard for me to believe that there were that many elites and not a single silver on that plane.
Delta needs to come clean with how they determine upgrades.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by vsgvarun
The person who is cancelling my tickets are also changing my seats to the back of the plane, and sometimes changing my DOB on file for the ticket from my correct birth year of 1999 and changing it to 1977.
If your DOB is 1977 then you aren't a minor and Delta shouldn't be listening to your "mother".
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by steinway
There is something wrong with Delta's upgrade system. I was recently on a flight from DEN to DTW as a GM on a V fare and I was the very last on the upgrade list. I was 37 of 37. It is hard for me to believe that there were that many elites and not a single silver on that plane.
Delta needs to come clean with how they determine upgrades.
Were you traveling with someone else on the same itinerary? (Yes, in theory they should be below you, but in practice that doesn't matter.)
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by sethb
If your DOB is 1977 then you aren't a minor and Delta shouldn't be listening to your "mother".
My DOB is 1999 (16 years old), they changed it to 1977, and then changed it back an hour later.

I am traveling with a GM pax, but on different PNRs, different return dates & different class of service (GM on T, Me a PM on V)
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Could someone also have your exact name? I have someone with my name in Cincinnati and the system/agents will confuse us from time to time.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My DOB is 1999 (16 years old), they changed it to 1977, and then changed it back an hour later.

I am traveling with a GM pax, but on different PNRs, different return dates & different class of service (GM on T, Me a PM on V)
They changed it both ways? Did Delta tell you why that was allowed, because clearly you weren't a minor given the 1977 DOB?

("My son, who you have as a 16-year-old, is really 38 years old." "I'm sorry, ma'am, a 38-year-old has to phone in himself and not get his mother to handle it.")
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tvnwz
Could someone also have your exact name? I have someone with my name in Cincinnati and the system/agents will confuse us from time to time.
I don't think this is the case. Usually when I call in myself, they ask me which trip, my full name, and because my tickets have been cancelled before, they ask to verify the address on file, my date of birth, email address and passcode documented.

How would somebody with the same name be able to verify all of my information? This seems like a case of someone that I know who is trying to do this just to cause me pain when I travel.

I also do not think it is a random person because what benefit does the person who is cancelling the tickets get?

I just can't think of anyone that would do this though... I will leave this to the police so they can trace the IP address, and or the phone numbers used to call DL and cancel the tickets.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

I don't think this is the case. Usually when I call in myself, they ask me which trip, my full name, and because my tickets have been cancelled before, they ask to verify the address on file, my date of birth, email address and passcode documented.

How would somebody with the same name be able to verify all of my information? This seems like a case of someone that I know who is trying to do this just to cause me pain when I travel.

I also do not think it is a random person because what benefit does the person who is cancelling the tickets get?

I just can't think of anyone that would do this though... I will leave this to the police so they can trace the IP address, and or the phone numbers used to call DL and cancel the tickets.

None of my friends know all of this information about me; can't wait till this is over. I think the police are getting a warrant for all of DL's records so they can investigate further...
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
This .... is hilarious.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Well, I don't think i'll be getting the upgrade after all... checked the UG list. I am #7/10 on the list and there are 3 seats left.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange
This .... is hilarious.
How so?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
I think the police are getting a warrant for all of DL's records so they can investigate further...

I wouldn't count on this happening
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:13 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
A long history of watching TV shows like the X-Files causes me to wonder if OP is doing this unaware, like sleep-walking behavior.

Check your outgoing call logs on your phone, and ask someone you trust to change your Delta password to something you don't know for a few days and see if this stops
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE

Combine this and your other post and I would say that you have had more bad luck by age 16 than I have after 22+ years and 3M BIS miles... Even though you are "16" you will want to avoid any and all games of chance because Lady Luck obviously has it out for you. You might do us all a favor and let us in on which flights you are on... I for one will avoid them at all costs.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I'm wondering how the OP is able to fly on a school day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.