Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

GM got a complimentary upgrade before PM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GM got a complimentary upgrade before PM

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by FlyingWithers
It could be the ticket rice. An expensive Y and a GM will trump a less expensive one for a PM.
No, only full Y lets a GM trump a PM, and his friend was on T.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
You've mentioned on another thread that someone is screwing with your reservations. Could they have un-requested your upgrade, then re-requested it after upgrades were issued?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
You've mentioned on another thread that someone is screwing with your reservations. Could they have un-requested your upgrade, then re-requested it after upgrades were issued?
Agree with Sethb. After reading your other thread... was it 45 screwed bookings? Someone seems out to get you and it does not appear to be Delta for now. Making your life a pain seems to be that person's goal for now from all those ticket cancellations.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:58 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I just submitted a complaint and got a reply in 20 min exactly.....
Wow - the last time I sent in a complaint (July I think) it was at least a few days.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:02 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PayItForward
Agree with Sethb. After reading your other thread... was it 45 screwed bookings? Someone seems out to get you and it does not appear to be Delta for now. Making your life a pain seems to be that person's goal for now from all those ticket cancellations.
You would think this would be logged somewhere in the PNR. If so, why didn't Delta say "Sorry OP, but on 10/xx/15 at 11:45pm you removed the upgrade request from your reservation. It was re-applied on 10/yy/15 at 4:34am."
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Do you have the "Upgrade requested" box checked on your itin?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by sethb
I did think of that, but when I called DL, they told me that in the history there was no record of un-requesting my UG.

The person who is cancelling my tickets are also changing my seats to the back of the plane, and sometimes changing my DOB on file for the ticket from my correct birth year of 1999 and changing it to 1977.

Only my seats have changed and my DOB has changed. She said that the UG request has been there since the reservation was booked 2 weeks prior and corrected the DOB on file.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTT
Anyone else surprised that the OP received a response to their complaint email in a matter of minutes (looks to be about 35 minutes from the time they posted that they would report it to when they posted the result)?
I did not email corporate CS. I called and spoke with a supervisor again and she issued the miles and voucher. I complained last year to corporate CS and it took a week for a response.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:56 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vsgvarun
I did think of that, but when I called DL, they told me that in the history there was no record of un-requesting my UG.

The person who is cancelling my tickets are also changing my seats to the back of the plane, and sometimes changing my DOB on file for the ticket from my correct birth year of 1999 and changing it to 1977.

Only my seats have changed and my DOB has changed. She said that the UG request has been there since the reservation was booked 2 weeks prior and corrected the DOB on file.
Not to take this too far off track, but that took my by surprise you're only 15 or 16 (depending on when your birthday month is). At that age I can't imagine some adult repeatedly messing around with your profile. Sounds like a teenage prank in my opinion, perhaps an ex girlfriend/boyfriend who you talked to about your Delta travels and Skymiles with. Or what about your "friend" you're traveling with. Could he or she have messed with your upgrade?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Not to take this too far off track, but that took my by surprise you're only 15 or 16 (depending on when your birthday month is). At that age I can't imagine some adult repeatedly messing around with your profile. Sounds like a teenage prank in my opinion, perhaps an ex girlfriend/boyfriend who you talked to about your Delta travels and Skymiles with. Or what about your "friend" you're traveling with. Could he or she have messed with your upgrade?
My family friend is traveling with me. He is an adult. I am also going to an online school. Could my email account be hacked? Most of these changes and cancellations are being done between 1 and 4 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: DL DM
I REALLY wish DL would switch back to instrument-supported upgrades ONLY.....e-500s (or whatever they had - I was a UA flyer at the time). All of this kvetching and wasted time for DL dealing with this "benefit" could be turned into a direct profit center.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:40 am

Check out OP's other threads and judge if this one is bogus.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KenfromDE
Check out OP's other threads and judge if this one is bogus.
Just because I am 16 years old, does not mean that I am lying about the issues that I am facing when traveling.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:50 am

Alleged age has nothing to do with veracity.

Last edited by KenfromDE; Oct 13, 2015 at 8:58 am
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KenfromDE
Alleged age has nothing to do with veracity.
I am being completely honest here. Someone has been cancelling my reservations. I signed up for flyer talk to find out if anyone else has had this issue and if there was anything further that can be done to protect my SM account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.