Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:56 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Really? Go try most of the Chinese carriers' lounges and report back to us on the spread there...or even some of the European carriers' lounges (except for BA and VS, and occasionally KL in AMS, I can assure you that most of the food offerings are decidely unimpressive).
IB and AY lounges are very nice; much better than DL.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by 355F1
BaahahaHAHAHahahahhAHha!!!!!

Now I see why Hong Konger posted that you and I should date in a (now locked) thread a few days ago!!!

OMG, too funny....^^
And may you both be blessed with many inadvertent offspring.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
Rather have improved wireless internet vs. new menu. I am amazed Delta does not think it is an issue in Sky Club.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Seems like there is some 'wiggle room' for what individual clubs will actually serve. I will be interested to see what the extent of the actual offerings is. My guess is hub/focus cities will have wider selections vs the outposts.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by rylan
Kind of surprised the Tillamook cheese is getting whacked since cheese and crackers is kind of a snack staple. That stuff actually is real cheese, unlike the flavored processed 'cheese food product' that were offered when the giant block of cut-your-own cheddar was pulled from the NW clubs. Yeah the parm spread is good, but sometimes a piece of cheese is a nice snack on the run.

Glad to see some soups. Hoping that they'll have a mix of light/reduced calorie greek yogurts along with the normal, since the normal yoplait greek is pretty high in calories. Huge plus on the salad.
You're dissecting the difference between brogurts while lamenting the absence of cutting your own blocks of cheese.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by Spiff
IB and AY lounges are very nice; much better than DL.
Let me guess, free crackers.

This forum never fails to disappoint.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Maybe the AY lounge has lutefisk. The stench would make sure that the lounge is never crowded.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold

Now I see why Hong Konger posted that you and I should date in a (now locked) thread a few days ago!!!

OMG, too funny....^^
If the two of you hit it off you should plan the wedding sometime toward the end of the year. It would be a good excuse for the rest of us to make a mileage run out of it and wish you guys the best.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:25 am

Programs: DL
New Menu Just in US or Other SkyClubs as Well?

New SkyClub menu is offered system wide or just in the US? I am asking this because I have upcoming travel (SEPT 12) plans thru LAX-NRT and MNL.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:34 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
In the BA F Lounge there is a menu -- the burger is well done as apparently that is the law -- they have nice salads - and on the buffet there is always curry, pasta, chili, soup, a selection of savory pies, fish cakes, often broiled salmon - hot and cold. They have a selection of sliced grapefruit, oranges, mixed fruit -- there is a selection of cheeses, there is a selection of cold sandwiches, cold cuts and sliced cheeses, plus there is whole fruit and then a variety of deserts. I won't say any of it is michelin star worthy, but i don't see anything gourmand on the new DL offerings..
...and how do you access said lounge? oh...that's right...you are comparing apples to oranges.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
In the BA F Lounge there is a menu -- the burger is well done as apparently that is the law -- they have nice salads - and on the buffet there is always curry, pasta, chili, soup, a selection of savory pies, fish cakes, often broiled salmon - hot and cold. They have a selection of sliced grapefruit, oranges, mixed fruit -- there is a selection of cheeses, there is a selection of cold sandwiches, cold cuts and sliced cheeses, plus there is whole fruit and then a variety of deserts. I won't say any of it is michelin star worthy, but i don't see anything gourmand on the new DL offerings.
1) I don't care if there is a menu.
2) Being well-done (which I am not sure is the law) is the least of the problems with the BA burger, the larger issues being terrible quality leading to dried beef, a too-large bun that throws it out of balance, and poor choices of toppings. McDondald's burgers are well done and are significantly better than the BA lounge burger.
3) Their culinary sins are not restricted to burgers - I still shudder at the abomination that was the smoked meat sandwich.
4) The curries end up being all sauce and no protein within minutes of being put out and a TV dinner quality to begin with.
5) The LHR lounges recently got dinged by the health department.

Are the BA lounge offerings more varied and plentiful than DL's? Sure, in the F lounge at least. Are they good by any reasonable definition. I would say: only if you really like free stuff. I think they'd do better to cut back the variety and focus on a few good dishes. My comments are merely to provide some color to the idea that European lounges are some sort of culinary oasis. They aren't. At their best they offer hot food that may or may not rise to the level of a microwave meal. I don't understand getting excited over microwave meals.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Deadtail
You're dissecting the difference between brogurts while lamenting the absence of cutting your own blocks of cheese.
The giant blocks of cheese were more of a thing to just reminisce at the days of the NW worldclubs.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bubbashow
...and how do you access said lounge? oh...that's right...you are comparing apples to oranges.
I didn't make the comparison -- i was responding to the comparisons by ClipperDelta and PBarnette - oh that's right

Originally Posted by pbarnette
1) I don't care if there is a menu.
2) Being well-done (which I am not sure is the law) is the least of the problems with the BA burger, the larger issues being terrible quality leading to dried beef, a too-large bun that throws it out of balance, and poor choices of toppings. McDondald's burgers are well done and are significantly better than the BA lounge burger.
3) Their culinary sins are not restricted to burgers - I still shudder at the abomination that was the smoked meat sandwich.
4) The curries end up being all sauce and no protein within minutes of being put out and a TV dinner quality to begin with.
5) The LHR lounges recently got dinged by the health department.

Are the BA lounge offerings more varied and plentiful than DL's? Sure, in the F lounge at least. Are they good by any reasonable definition. I would say: only if you really like free stuff. I think they'd do better to cut back the variety and focus on a few good dishes. My comments are merely to provide some color to the idea that European lounges are some sort of culinary oasis. They aren't. At their best they offer hot food that may or may not rise to the level of a microwave meal. I don't understand getting excited over microwave meals.
I clearly said they weren't winning any Michelin stars although the spread at LH Sen lounge at JFK is very good quality. They do as you say have greater variety than DL, although it is nice to see DL up its game compared to AA, UA and US -- as I noted.

But just to be clear -- if you were to offer 100 people the new DL menu vs the foreign airlines I mentioned 100 would take the foreign airline offerings.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by scottsam66
I thought this was a thread about the SC menu. Are they really that terrible, in your opinion? Why the constant negativity towards children. All traveling kids aren't brats as I've heard them described by you on many threads.
Duly noted- you don't like kids. (I have none btw, so I'm not biased on way or the other, I've just noticed quite a pattern of disparaging children).
+1

Everything comes back to a dislike of children, even in completely unrelated threads.

Use the "report post" button when you see this. I do.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

OMG, too funny....^^
It is indeed funny, if you enjoy reading the same offensive posts in thread after thread.

How about I say, "I don't want elderly people in the SCs because they smell like Ben Gay and soiled Depends?" I don't actually think that. But it's no different that always posting about how annoying you think children are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.