Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
And may you both be blessed with many inadvertent offspring.
For the offsprings' sake, would you consider retracting your curse?

Maybe substitute "May the fleas of a thousand yaks invade your underpants."
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: DM/3MM
While I don't expect the SCs to offer full meals (even if that would be nice), most of the non-breakfast offerings are inexpensive pre-packaged items. (I focus on lunch/dinner as I'm not a big breakfast person.) Depending on my schedule, sometimes it's nice to have quick, small bites of a sandwich (one or two of what AF offers in their lounges). DL clearly considered this, as folks reported that it was part of their trial.

But these aren't being offered. It wouldn't take much effort to offer something like that. My guess is that they would be slightly more expensive than all their pre-packaged offerings (again, non-breakfast items), and that's why they were excluded. I can't imagine during the trial that most people said, no, please no small sandwiches/wrap-type offerings.

Separately, (as it was brought up earlier) AF is upgrading their offerings at CDG. The M lounge has a much broader selection of food now, and they are upgrading the facilities in K to offer the same there.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: DL DM; Accor Platinum; Bonvoy Platinum; Hertz #1 Gold; HHonors Silver
While the oferrings at the DCA SC didn't include the locally sourced bagels or the fruit salad (as far as I could tell) this morning, the MSP SC on C had the entire array of new oferrings.

Nice to be able to have more variety in the morning.

And as a bonus, the MSP SC was not crowded at all....yet. ^
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by EG33
While the oferrings at the DCA SC didn't include the locally sourced bagels or the fruit salad (as far as I could tell) this morning, the MSP SC on C had the entire array of new oferrings.

Nice to be able to have more variety in the morning.

And as a bonus, the MSP SC was not crowded at all....yet. ^
I was also able to enjoy the new offerings at MSP this morning. Nice being able to have a Coffee and Baileys again instead of a bloody mary for a morning adult beverage.

The MSP SC's along with most of the other ones have been a lot less crowded since the May 1 enhancement of no longer allowing free guests on Am Ex swipes.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The changes should have been implemented many hours ago and we only have two reports from the wild so far, both from MSP? Isn't anyone traveling today? It's Thursday.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
And may you both be blessed with many inadvertent offspring.
LOL. Can you provide me with a good comeback line for when I encounter pet haters? I am surprised the pet haters on FT haven't hijacked this thread yet.

The Am Ex changes are a good thing for people who don't care for kids. I have experienced a lot fewer kids in the SC since the May 1 change. When March 1 rolls around and my diamond membership will no longer allow guesting, I won't be upgrading to an exec membership and will simply skip the skyclub when travelling with little Reds, and I'm sure other diamonds will do the same so that will be even fewer kids (and even though I travel with my kids some times I think this is a good change, if I am travelling with family why should they get in for free).
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by danielonn
I just recently signed up for the Delta Gold Credit Card and will use the $50 statement credit to visit the lounge.

Anyways it would be nice if Delta offered made to order Breakfast Burritos, Omelet Bar in the mornings. Make your own Deli Wraps(With tortillas) Lunch/Dinner Burritos with Carne Asada, Chicken or Cheese and Beans etc.

Also have a Build your own Nacho Bar.

They could also offer Falafel Pita and Humus, Pita Chips with Humus, Greek Salad with Olives Artichoke Hearts .

For Desert they could offer Crepes, Eli's Cheesecake, Warm Baked Cookies like Toll House(in a bag like the Double Tree serves).

I like the Baileys Irish Creme but to take it one step further have an Ice Cream Sundae Bar with Ben and Jerries Ice Cream, Ciao Bella Gelato and Wow Cow Frozen Yogurt with all the fixins.

Would people come knowing there were these options? Heck I would join Delta SkyClub if they offered real food.

I was in Mexico City at the KLM Air France Lounge and they had really good food an Espresso Bar and a real bar with premium drinks. The attendants would come around and bring you drinks.

If Delta offered a relaxation station with massage chairs, and a place to sleep during a layover alll the more reason to join.
Why don't we add a nacho fountain with 6 types of cheese and a walk-up hibachi grill while we're at it?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by HongKonger
How about I say, "I don't want elderly people in the SCs because they smell like Ben Gay and soiled Depends?" I don't actually think that.
Of course you don't think that, because you are smelling mothballs and despair.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:31 am

My wife and I were talking last night, and the bartenders at staff clubs should be happy with the changes for Bailey's drinkers.

I can't imagine there were that many people paying $7 for a measured shot of Bailey's (and lets face it if it was an item being paid for a lot, Delta wouldn't have made it complimentary with that kind of markup), but for those that were, it will mean less work for the bartender in running a credit card slip.

For members like my wife, it will mean increased tips to the bar staff. Her favorite drink was a double Baileys' on the rocks and would normally tip $1 each time she ordered one and at a couple clubs where the bartenders were generous and just free poured a generous serving, she would tip a couple dollars. With the new changes she has been drinking coke zero or Diet Coke and refuses to tip for someone to pour her a soft drink. After they made the changes last year, it was the same with me, I wasn't drinking anything but soda and refuse to tip for soda, until they brought back a drinkable vodka.

With G&T being my preferred cocktail, I hope they bring back a drinkable Gin and will start phasing out the other Gordon's products.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
Why don't we add a nacho fountain with 6 types of cheese and a walk-up hibachi grill while we're at it?
Nacho bar sounds great. A baked potato bar would be even better Of course set up a hibachi that has cooked to order steaks and a full size salad bar to go with the potatoes
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:34 am

I guess that the added amenity options such as the chair massage folks didn't make the cut.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Many pages about food offerings in the SkyClub....

Does any remember the old Crown Rooms and the copious amount of Goldfish Crackers they served? Hungry? Grab some Goldfish and drink yourself silly.

I'll be in the SLC SC tonight and hopefully will have something positive to report.

Breakfast? Soup? Small Bites? Oh, and whats internet?

Jim (now get off my lawn)
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:45 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
My wife and I were talking last night, and the bartenders at staff clubs should be happy with the changes for Bailey's drinkers.

I can't imagine there were that many people paying $7 for a measured shot of Bailey's (and lets face it if it was an item being paid for a lot, Delta wouldn't have made it complimentary with that kind of markup), but for those that were, it will mean less work for the bartender in running a credit card slip.

For members like my wife, it will mean increased tips to the bar staff. Her favorite drink was a double Baileys' on the rocks and would normally tip $1 each time she ordered one and at a couple clubs where the bartenders were generous and just free poured a generous serving, she would tip a couple dollars. With the new changes she has been drinking coke zero or Diet Coke and refuses to tip for someone to pour her a soft drink. After they made the changes last year, it was the same with me, I wasn't drinking anything but soda and refuse to tip for soda, until they brought back a drinkable vodka.

With G&T being my preferred cocktail, I hope they bring back a drinkable Gin and will start phasing out the other Gordon's products.
I wonder whether Bailey's will be added back to the self-serve bars.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger
I wonder whether Bailey's will be added back to the self-serve bars.
Good question. Seeing it was taken away from the self serve bars when they did the huge downgrade last year, I am assuming it will be added back.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:59 am

Enjoying Italian Wedding Soup in LGA term C. Really nice to have better food options. My only complaint...the salad plates are tiny. You can get three leaves on there before they tumble off the side, LOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.