Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Aside from the alcohol changes that were made last year, the only bad things I see coming out of this is the nutrella and the Biscoff are going bye bye.

I think the guesting changes is a true enhancement that most people like. The additional food options are all additions, nothing is being taken away other than the Biscoff and the Nutrella.
Cheese and pita chips are apparently vanishing. This was my favorite SC snack.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Hey, it's a start. It's better than than the domestic competition, but it still pales in comparison to the competition overseas. Almost any foreign carrier's domestic clubs offer superior food. Heck, even the Star Team clubs overseas make this look like a soup kitchen. SC membership renewal is due next May. We'll see......
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Aloha1
Almost any foreign carrier's domestic clubs offer superior food. Heck, even the Star Team clubs overseas make this look like a soup kitchen. SC membership renewal is due next May. We'll see......
Really? Go try most of the Chinese carriers' lounges and report back to us on the spread there...or even some of the European carriers' lounges (except for BA and VS, and occasionally KL in AMS, I can assure you that most of the food offerings are decidely unimpressive).
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Really? Go try most of the Chinese carriers' lounges and report back to us on the spread there...or even some of the European carriers' lounges (except for BA and VS, and occasionally KL in AMS, I can assure you that most of the food offerings are decidely unimpressive).
Eva's Infinity Lounge food it's pretty darn good. Sure its at their Hub TPE, but the selection is huge which include many vegetarian options and at least 6-10 hot dishes.

If you are scoffing at the promising changes Delta has planned, please visit a United Red Carpet Club. It just gets worse and worse for us.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by zxsuxr
Eva's Infinity Lounge food it's pretty darn good. Sure its at their Hub TPE, but the selection is huge which include many vegetarian options and at least 6-10 hot dishes.
It's the mainland Chinese (carrier) lounges that are awful. CX/HKG is wonderful and Taiwan airlines can have OK lounges.

Not everyone considers vegetarian food to be a good thing.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
And then they touch the furniture or me with those sticky little hands....and of course their mommies and daddies never offer to pay the cleaning bills for the damage done by their offspring.
I thought this was a thread about the SC menu. Are they really that terrible, in your opinion? Why the constant negativity towards children. All traveling kids aren't brats as I've heard them described by you on many threads.
Duly noted- you don't like kids. (I have none btw, so I'm not biased on way or the other, I've just noticed quite a pattern of disparaging children).
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Even much of the BA food is often mediocre to bad. Yes, there are choices, but many of the hot choices can be very poor. Indeed, the burger in the F lounge is offensively bad and they should really be ashamed to serve it. On the plus side, however, they almost always have enough cold cuts and the like to give you something to eat if you are super hungry and don't want to venture into the terminal.

I have never been terribly impressed with either AF or KL, which is sad, as CDG, especially, has quite weak food options. Ditto for LX and LH - LH is the worst offender because the airport is so awful and so lacking in food options. SK at least sticks to what they know (cold cuts again) and it generally satisfies as a result.

Now, they may offer more than what DL offers, but I think the new offerings strike a decent balance between offering some nice snacks and most, if not all of the airports with a DL SkyClub have decent restaurant options for real meals. I don't think that, for $500 or so per year, one should expect both an open bar and 3 meals a day and I don't.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Given the local competition, this is a solid offering from DL. Given foreign competition it still falls short, but overall good move. However, when travelling JFK-LHR (which was my weekly commute for a few months), I have the option of the DL lounge or the VS lounge at JFK, and I will continue to use the VS lounge (full sit-down dinner served free of charge)...
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rylan
Kind of surprised the Tillamook cheese is getting whacked since cheese and crackers is kind of a snack staple. .
No more fake chees threads?

Originally Posted by berliner5000
More surprisingly, the nutella is going away. The limitless nutella packs were the only redeeming quality of the LAX SC.
LOL, I know a few folks that have a good collection of these packets at home.

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Or beer.
+1.

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
This thread is so hilarious. Only on FT can a GOOD thing be turned into a complaining session.
At least on FT the complaining is entertaining!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Go try most of the Chinese carriers' lounges and report back to us on the spread there...
Last month I visited the new Air China lounge in Shanghai and was quite impressed with both the food and beverage section.

Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Having enjoyed the dedicated BE lounges in the past, these current changes still fall well short of what I want since most of my trips clock 20+ hours of 'flying'.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:56 pm

Could we possibly have a Food Photos forum of how the new menu looks. Perhaps fellow FTe'rs could post photos of the new menu items/beverage items/Drink Menu of the Complimentary and Premium Alcohol and club setup. That would be cool(: If one exists could you please post the link. Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Aloha1
Hey, it's a start. It's better than than the domestic competition, but it still pales in comparison to the competition overseas. Almost any foreign carrier's domestic clubs offer superior food. Heck, even the Star Team clubs overseas make this look like a soup kitchen. SC membership renewal is due next May. We'll see......
Check out the appropriately named 'Blues' Aeroflot lounge at SVO and get back to me. You'll be crying out for DL's fake cheese
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Picture of Air China Beijing Business Class lounge -- perhaps you should check it out -

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ounge-beijing/

DL definitely had a nice upgrade -- but the LH Sen lounges are definitely ahead of the new DL offerings -- at JFK and EWR the Sen lounges essentially serve hot and cold dinner, offer a selection of deserts, fresh fruit, make your own salad. AF has a nice selection of sandwiches and fresh fruit and vegetables plus soup at JFK. LX Business lounge again is much more comprehensive at JFK -- in ZRH the Sen Lounge again in terms of selection much more significant. IB and MAD -- again extensive selection of cold and hot dishes -- numerous salads and wraps, cheeses, etc. The home lounges for TG, CX, SQ and BR are again just miles ahead of the new DL offer.

Originally Posted by pbarnette
Even much of the BA food is often mediocre to bad. Yes, there are choices, but many of the hot choices can be very poor. Indeed, the burger in the F lounge is offensively bad and they should really be ashamed to serve it. On the plus side, however, they almost always have enough cold cuts and the like to give you something to eat if you are super hungry and don't want to venture into the terminal.

I have never been terribly impressed with either AF or KL, which is sad, as CDG, especially, has quite weak food options. Ditto for LX and LH - LH is the worst offender because the airport is so awful and so lacking in food options. SK at least sticks to what they know (cold cuts again) and it generally satisfies as a result.

Now, they may offer more than what DL offers, but I think the new offerings strike a decent balance between offering some nice snacks and most, if not all of the airports with a DL SkyClub have decent restaurant options for real meals. I don't think that, for $500 or so per year, one should expect both an open bar and 3 meals a day and I don't.
In the BA F Lounge there is a menu -- the burger is well done as apparently that is the law -- they have nice salads - and on the buffet there is always curry, pasta, chili, soup, a selection of savory pies, fish cakes, often broiled salmon - hot and cold. They have a selection of sliced grapefruit, oranges, mixed fruit -- there is a selection of cheeses, there is a selection of cold sandwiches, cold cuts and sliced cheeses, plus there is whole fruit and then a variety of deserts. I won't say any of it is michelin star worthy, but i don't see anything gourmand on the new DL offerings.

Is the new DL offering better - definitely. Is it a step above the free food offered at the US, UA and AA clubs. Without doubt. Is it at the general level of the the carriers I mentioned. Not really.

Last edited by elitetraveler; Aug 13, 2014 at 9:00 pm
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:48 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
And then they touch the furniture or me with those sticky little hands....and of course their mommies and daddies never offer to pay the cleaning bills for the damage done by their offspring.
BaahahaHAHAHahahahhAHha!!!!!

Now I see why Hong Konger posted that you and I should date in a (now locked) thread a few days ago!!!

OMG, too funny....^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.