Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by jimquan
Many pages about food offerings in the SkyClub....

Does any remember the old Crown Rooms and the copious amount of Goldfish Crackers they served? Hungry? Grab some Goldfish and drink yourself silly.

I'll be in the SLC SC tonight and hopefully will have something positive to report.

Breakfast? Soup? Small Bites? Oh, and whats internet?

Jim (now get off my lawn)
At one time many years ago, goldfish crackers were the only snack the CVG SC's had. And IIRC you had ot pay for phone calls for dialup internet to AOL.

But the clubs were also more relaxing as well. I don't remember ever finding a problem finding a desk/cublicle with an outlet if I wanted to do work on my laptop or finding a seat if I wanted to read.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by HenryTheNoodle
Enjoying Italian Wedding Soup in LGA term C. Really nice to have better food options. My only complaint...the salad plates are tiny. You can get three leaves on there before they tumble off the side, LOL.
Wait for the lawsuits when people slip and fall on those lettuce leaves on the floor.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by elitetraveler

But just to be clear -- if you were to offer 100 people the new DL menu vs the foreign airlines I mentioned 100 would take the foreign airline offerings.
If you were to offer 100 people JFKLHR in a Gulfstream GIV vs a DL 764, 100 would take the private option. For the clubs you were mentioning, they require a very expensive ticket to access. For Skyclub, a very-reasonable 695 membership.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by bubbashow
If you were to offer 100 people JFKLHR in a Gulfstream GIV vs a DL 764, 100 would take the private option. For the clubs you were mentioning, they require a very expensive ticket to access. For Skyclub, a very-reasonable 695 membership.
Not if I were one of the 100.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Wait for the lawsuits when people slip and fall on those lettuce leaves on the floor.
No, wait 'til the children touch the lettuce!!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HenryTheNoodle
...My only complaint...the salad plates are tiny. You can get three leaves on there before they tumble off the side, LOL.
I have not been to a club yet today but perhaps the soup bowls might be better suited to use for salad than those small plates.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bubbashow
Again, you're responding to an argument I'm not making. PBarnette and ClipperDelta were making the case that the SkyClub menu is superior to "Chinese" airline lounges, BA and certain other carriers. How one accesses the lounge was not what was being discussed.

Under the scenario you are speaking to -- i.e. - "I am a Y flier -- would I pay $695 to access DL Skyclubs based on their new menu or would I buy a business class ticket to access lounges for better food. If I was a Y class flier taking 3-6 TATL trips per year I probably wouldn't do neither and would sit down by the gate with any food I picked up in the terminal."
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Again, you're responding to an argument I'm not making. PBarnette and ClipperDelta were making the case that the SkyClub menu is superior to "Chinese" airline lounges, BA and certain other carriers.
I never said it was superior, only that the professed superiority of others is overstated and often of limited value.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by pbarnette
I never said it was superior, only that the professed superiority of others is overstated and often of limited value.
Much as it is with people!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
I am currently in the F lounge in ATL. I've been here since 4PM.

They have the complete array of new offerings. Tomato and Italian Wedding Soup (with meatballs). Celery, carrots, broccoli, and red peppers (all raw). Hummus, Black Olive Tapenade, Rondele Parmesan Peppercorn, and Rondele plain, all in individually portioned servings. It's not the same tube hummus as before, this is in a package similar to Rondele.

There are marinated mushrooms and some kind of olives, the usual sea salt crackers, and some spring mix with two salad dressings available (balsamic vinegar and hidden valley ranch). Also there is a bowl of popcorn.

Apples and bananas are in bowls by the bar with two different nut/pretzel type mixes.

They also have cookies - looks like chocolate chip.

House wine still sucks.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by kitkat77
I am currently in the F lounge in ATL. I've been here since 4PM.

They have the complete array of new offerings. Tomato and Italian Wedding Soup (with meatballs). Celery, carrots, broccoli, and red peppers (all raw). Hummus, Black Olive Tapenade, Rondele Parmesan Peppercorn, and Rondele plain, all in individually portioned servings. It's not the same tube hummus as before, this is in a package similar to Rondele.

There are marinated mushrooms and some kind of olives, the usual sea salt crackers, and some spring mix with two salad dressings available (balsamic vinegar and hidden valley ranch). Also there is a bowl of popcorn.

Apples and bananas are in bowls by the bar with two different nut/pretzel type mixes.

They also have cookies - looks like chocolate chip.

House wine still sucks.
Is the new humus an improvement over the old stuff (I love humus but that stuff in the tube was gross and I refused to eat it).

Can anyone confirm if the Biscoff is gone or if was left off on accident on Delta's site?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Is the new humus an improvement over the old stuff (I love humus but that stuff in the tube was gross and I refused to eat it).

Can anyone confirm if the Biscoff is gone or if was left off on accident on Delta's site?
I have not tried the hummus yet, but in the interest of research, I will go and get some and report back (yes, my layover is long!). I'll also check on Biscoffs.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by HongKonger
Not if I were one of the 100.
Really? =-). I know we don't always agree, but I can usually understand your argument. This one, I can't!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh

Yes, it is much improved. It's called "DipIn" and is chilled hummus, marked vegan, all natural, and 50 calories per pack. Says Made in Turkey on it. I hated the tube stuff.

I don't like black olives so will not be trying the tapenade.

The marinated stuff is one bowl of mushrooms and another that is a mix of olives and small pickles and onions.

I do not see any Biscoffs, looked on the bar and in the snacks area. Cookies are now both oatmeal raisin and chocolate chunk. The chocolate chunk is soft.

This place is extremely busy. It's calming down a bit now but there were hardly any seats when I got here.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by kitkat77
Yes, it is much improved. It's called "DipIn" and is chilled hummus, marked vegan, all natural, and 50 calories per pack. Says Made in Turkey on it. I hated the tube stuff.

I don't like black olives so will not be trying the tapenade.

The marinated stuff is one bowl of mushrooms and another that is a mix of olives and small pickles and onions.

I do not see any Biscoffs, looked on the bar and in the snacks area. Cookies are now both oatmeal raisin and chocolate chunk. The chocolate chunk is soft.

This place is extremely busy. It's calming down a bit now but there were hardly any seats when I got here.
Thanks! Great news about the Humus but bad news about the Biscoff. That was so good dipped in Baileys

Glad to hear there are some healthier foods now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.