Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Free baileys at self service bar

At DTW main right now and there is baileys!! However they are out of cookies, all fresh fruit and popcorn. My gate is a70 so I am going to head to the north club soon and hope they have the fruit. The new humus is a big improvement over the stuff in the tubes. Selection isn't as good as during the trial period but better than in the past and it's at all clubs now at least
Old Aug 15, 2014, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pbarnette
That is the Senator lounge. J passengers do not get access to it. The J lounges are less plush.
Correct - The Sen lounges provide free access no matter what class of service for LH Sen level (mid-level tier) - something akin to DL Gold/Plat -- and *G fliers.

Below are pictures from the "less plush" LH Business Lounge at IAD

http://adamandvivian.com/2013/12/26/...class-iad-fra/

and a picture of the "Bread Bar" at a FRA LH Sen Lounge

http://lapchilddiaries.blogspot.com/...were-back.html

Which lounge did you only find stale bread from LH?

Last edited by elitetraveler; Aug 15, 2014 at 3:40 pm
Old Aug 15, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
The AMS lounges usually have, at most, cold cuts, soup, and fruit. I have been in the AMS lounge at least 40 times.
Orgon:

"You're talking nonsense. Can't you realize
I saw it; saw it; saw it with my eyes?
Saw, do you understand me? Must I shout it
Into your ears before you'll cease to doubt it?"
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Correct - The Sen lounges provide free access no matter what class of service for LH Sen level (mid-level tier) - something akin to DL Gold/Plat -- and *G fliers.

Yeah, I notice in that first picture, the fish is not even cooked. You must have low standards.

In BE on Delta, you can count on the meat to be cooked! And cooked...and cooked...and cooked...
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
Yeah, I notice in that first picture, the fish is not even cooked. You must have low standards.

In BE on Delta, you can count on the meat to be cooked! And cooked...and cooked...and cooked...
It's interesting how virtually every board on FT has a few posters who will hustle up some spin about their chosen airlines.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold

and a picture of the "Bread Bar" at a FRA LH Sen Lounge

http://lapchilddiaries.blogspot.com/...were-back.html

Which lounge did you only find stale bread from LH?
The bread that I have had at the FRA Sen lounges in the past was usually stale. I do admit it has been over a year because I don't fly LH unless absolutely necessary.

As to the J lounge at IAD. I see crudite, some bread (I think they may be finger sandwiches), some cheese, tomatoes in some sort of dressing, and some pickles. Oh, and (for some weird reason) iceberg wedges. And, lest we forget, what look like hard pretzel bites, or maybe croutons? I ask again: how does this differ materially from DL's offerings?

Orgon:

"You're talking nonsense. Can't you realize
I saw it; saw it; saw it with my eyes?
Saw, do you understand me? Must I shout it
Into your ears before you'll cease to doubt it?"
Really? What are the culinary treasures you have seen in the AMS J lounges? Yogurt maybe? Perhaps some fruit at breakfast? Again, I've been in the lounges at AMS at least 40 times. I don't think I am misrepresenting the usual selection.

Personally, I think the tuna looks a bit over-done if they were going to cook it (and I remain unclear why a "carpaccio" is cooked at all). Judging by how evenly it is cooked around the edges, it actually looks like it may have been poached, where I would prefer a grilled preparation to get some char. And they were a bit heavy-handed with the (thin-looking) aioli.

As for cooking the meat, does the steak in the picture look rare to you? I'll quote from the article: "Besides being very well done, it lacked any real beef flavor." Yum!

It is interesting that LH serve the same champagne as DL.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:46 pm
Suspended

The bread that I have had at the FRA Sen lounges in the past was usually stale. I do admit it has been over a year because I don't fly LH unless absolutely necessary.

As to the J lounge at IAD. I see crudite, some bread (I think they may be finger sandwiches), some cheese, tomatoes in some sort of dressing, and some pickles. Oh, and (for some weird reason) iceberg wedges. And, lest we forget, what look like hard pretzel bites, or maybe croutons? I ask again: how does this differ materially from DL's offerings?
At some point you should just admit you made it up and got caught since LH offers multiple types of sliced breads and various rolls. Or do you mean you picked up a single roll and it was stale or did you pick up multiple 'breads' and everyone you picked up was stale?

In terms of the difference - LH seems to be far more extensive w hot items plus 2-3 types of sandwiches, speciality salads plus a salad bar - my experience is several types of deserts as well.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:00 pm
Suspended

At some point you should just admit you made it up and got caught since LH offers multiple types of sliced breads and various rolls. Or do you mean you picked up a single roll and it was stale or did you pick up multiple 'breads' and everyone you picked up was stale?

In terms of the difference - LH seems to be far more extensive w hot items plus 2-3 types of sandwiches, speciality salads plus a salad bar - my experience is several types of deserts as well.
There are no hot items (save maybe the boiled eggs) in any of the photos you've posted. I will admit that I think I once saw hot dogs at the LH lounge, so there are probably hot items at times and you've probably just chosen bad photos to "prove" your point? There are also not any specialty salads (unless you count tomatoes with dressing) in either of your photos. There are also no sandwiches in the Senator Lounge photo.

And no, I do not fondle all the bread to check if it is stale, but the breads I have had there were. I have not made anything up, and I kindly ask you to apologize for suggesting I did.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Can anybody who has been to a skyclub since the change comment on how they're managing with the limited buffet space? It seems as though for all of these offerings they would need more buffet space in most lounges (like BOS or even JFK T-4, for example)
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:21 pm
Suspended

There are no hot items (save maybe the boiled eggs) in any of the photos you've posted. I will admit that I think I once saw hot dogs at the LH lounge, so there are probably hot items at times and you've probably just chosen bad photos to "prove" your point? There are also not any specialty salads (unless you count tomatoes with dressing) in either of your photos. There are also no sandwiches in the Senator Lounge photo.

And no, I do not fondle all the bread to check if it is stale, but the breads I have had there were. I have not made anything up, and I kindly ask you to apologize for suggesting I did.
I don't take pictures of lounge food. I was able to find a couple pictures from other people's recent reports to show that what you were stating was not believable.

Some hot food below - from IAD

http://upgrd.com/aerospace/review-lu...on-dulles.html

Last edited by elitetraveler; Aug 15, 2014 at 5:27 pm
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
Can anybody who has been to a skyclub since the change comment on how they're managing with the limited buffet space? It seems as though for all of these offerings they would need more buffet space in most lounges (like BOS or even JFK T-4, for example)
Stopped in the BOS club this afternoon after landing. Soups and salad located where the snacks were always located. Popcorn, olives, mushroom mix, veggies and dips located near the coffee machine in the business center area. There was an extra table placed to the right of the coffee machine for the popcorn, olives and mushrooms. BTW, both soups were empty when I arrived. Veggie soup was refilled but cold. It almost seemed like they were planning on heating it in the serving container. The cold soup made me wonder if they even had a kitchen with a stove to heat up the soup in the club. Hope this was just working out the bugs.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:31 pm
Suspended

I don't take pictures of lounge food. I was able to find a couple pictures from other people's recent reports to show that what you were stating was not believable.
Then you should have found better pictures, because nothing you posted contradicts what I've said in any meaningful way (go back and re-read if you don't believe me - I said cold cuts and bread and you showed me pictures of cold cuts and bread). No amount of calling me a liar changes that fact, it only calls your own integrity into question, which is a shame.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Then you should have found better pictures, because nothing you posted contradicts what I've said in any meaningful way (go back and re-read if you don't believe me - I said cold cuts and bread and you showed me pictures of cold cuts and bread). No amount of calling me a liar changes that fact, it only calls your own integrity into question, which is a shame.
suggest you look at this link again - four choices of hot food

http://upgrd.com/aerospace/review-lu...on-dulles.html

The pictures of Level I (Business Lounge) and Level 2 (Senator Lounge) at JFK below both show hot food options

http://weekendblitz.com/lufthansa-fi...k-jfk-airport/

Integrity much?

Last edited by elitetraveler; Aug 15, 2014 at 5:49 pm
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Can anyone that has been at a SC with a self service bar report if Bailey's is now available or is it only available at full service bars?
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
At DTW main right now and there is baileys!! The new humus is a big improvement over the stuff in the tubes. Selection isn't as good as during the trial period but better than in the past and it's at all clubs now at least
visited DTW SC near A20 by the train/tram station. Poured my wife a Baileys and had Tomato and vegetable soup - not bad at all. Hummus really nice ^^

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Aug 16, 2014 at 1:14 pm Reason: to help make more sense
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:21 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
PBI (West Palm Beach) is a go

Haven't read the entire thread, but PBI Delta Lounge has hard boiled eggs, greek yogurt, and also fresh local bagels added to the mix.

Just flew out of there this AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.