Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

The new menu and items I know you've all been waiting for...

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...d-updates.html
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
"Menu" makes it sound pretty nice.

Looks like a bit more of a salad bar and a couple of new spreads, are the mushrooms new? Am I missing anything big?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I was hoping the pancake machine and popcorn would return.

I'm glad to see Bailey's is complimentary again. Leave it to Delta to take something away and bring it back and call it an enhancement (same with the soup). I wish they would have different soup choices, I really liked the chili. Glad to see the parm. spread return as well, I liked that better than that fake hard cheese.

As long as they leave the Bailey's and a drinkable vodka for free, I'll be happy
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
As long as they leave the Bailey's and a drinkable vodka for free, I'll be happy
My wife will be happy.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
My wife will be happy.
My wife is also a huge Bailey's fan and will be very happy as well. She isn't on flyertalk and was first made aware of the alcohol changes last year when she ordered her usual double Bailey's on the rocks and was told "$14 please" by the bartender (and he seemed just as irritated when she refused the drink after he explained the changes to her and she said she would take a diet Coke instead).

Hopefully with the return of free Bailey's they won't run out of it in flight as much now.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
The olive mix (newish but not new) may be the unsung hero of the SkyClub food offerings. But then I like pickled veggies...
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by bennos
The olive mix (newish but not new) may be the unsung hero of the SkyClub food offerings. But then I like pickled veggies...
+1; those and the sliced carrots. Go good with Miller Lite.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by bennos
I enjoyed the pickled red peppers they had during the test period. I was hoping those would have been on the new "menu"
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
This confirms the information that we got this noon at the FLL club where the agents were adamant that it was a good thing because the clubs were now so much less crowded since the new membership procedures.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
The new menu kind of reminds me of the in-flight snack boxes...
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
I was hoping the pancake machine and popcorn would return
Me, too. I guess the pancake machines were just leased for the trial? The "new" Skinny Top Popcorn - what is that? How does it compare?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by relangford
Me, too. I guess the pancake machines were just leased for the trial? The "new" Skinny Top Popcorn - what is that? How does it compare?
Skinny pop is processed low fat/lower calorie popcorn, nothing like the Garrett's they use to have. Costco carries it and has samples of it sometimes and I have tried it there and it isn't too bad and will be a nice low calorie alternative. No where near as good as the Garrett's but I'm sure has a lot fewer calories.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
The new menu lacks any real inspiration, but to be fair, it beats the heck out of most domestic airline clubs like UA/US/AA with regard to comp items. Does it beat Centurion or some of the other non-airline affilsted clubs? No, but I will give it a shot as long as the overcrowding is kept in check...

The hard boiled eggs are a nice breakfast enhancement. Glad to see Bailey's back...

I liked the wedding soup. I just hope they have a salt shaker handy
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I'm glad to see Bailey's is complimentary again.
Where did you see that? It's still on the Luxury Bar menu for $7.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL and I have different definitions of lunch and dinner, but the menu is surprisingly extensive. I'm not convinced that all of these goodies will be in all SCs all the time. I also wonder about lounges having enough space for such an expanded buffet line or even enough toasters to avoid lines.

I'm sorry that the chicken beast meat pieces on small skewers didn't make the list. It was a tasty low fat protein choice. I'm also sorry that DL apparently didn't go for packaged items for hygiene.

May I also say that I shall miss the fake cheese as again it had protein and calcium. It went well with wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.