Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AeroWesty
Where did you see that? It's still on the Luxury Bar menu for $7.
It's on the announced highlights, before you click through to the complete menu.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I wonder if this new menu will last.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Still no drinkable gin?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:13 am

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Awesome. My first lounge experience on Delta will be on the morning of the 14th. I sure hope they'll have everything ready by then!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by teriyaki
Awesome. My first lounge experience on Delta will be on the morning of the 14th. I sure hope they'll have everything ready by then!
We will see. It's still not clear that all SCs have enough refrigerator space. I'm also concerned about the logistics of having enough space for a larger buffet spread.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:38 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
The food Looks GREAT!!!!

(I don't drink alcohol....all I care about is the food.)

The chicken salad sounds yummy maybe on a bagel....?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Still no drinkable gin?
Exactly. Mr. Hauenstein should be ashamed of himself for having Gordon's as his house gin.

And I still miss NW WorldClub's whole bananas and cinnamon-raisin muffins. Milanos would be nice too.

But any improvement is an improvement and I look forward to seeing how they execute this.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
We will see. It's still not clear that all SCs have enough refrigerator space. I'm also concerned about the logistics of having enough space for a larger buffet spread.
Buffet? I was expecting wait staff with silver trays.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by AeroWesty
Where did you see that? It's still on the Luxury Bar menu for $7.
In the new menu announcement

Complimentary Baileys Irish Cream at the bar
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Kind of surprised the Tillamook cheese is getting whacked since cheese and crackers is kind of a snack staple. That stuff actually is real cheese, unlike the flavored processed 'cheese food product' that were offered when the giant block of cut-your-own cheddar was pulled from the NW clubs. Yeah the parm spread is good, but sometimes a piece of cheese is a nice snack on the run.

Glad to see some soups. Hoping that they'll have a mix of light/reduced calorie greek yogurts along with the normal, since the normal yoplait greek is pretty high in calories. Huge plus on the salad.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rylan
...when the giant block of cut-your-own cheddar was pulled from the NW clubs.
Huh, when did NW ever have blocks of cut your own cheddar in their clubs? I don't ever recall the cheese being served like that and it would definitely seem unsanitary. I only recall the pre-packaged cheese. Perhaps they only had it at the BOS club which was shared with Virgin Atlantic and had a food spread before their flights (never visited that club, so can't say for sure).
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LBJ
Huh, when did NW ever have blocks of cut your own cheddar in their clubs? I don't ever recall the cheese being served like that and it would definitely seem unsanitary. I only recall the pre-packaged cheese. Perhaps they only had it at the BOS club which was shared with Virgin Atlantic and had a food spread before their flights (never visited that club, so can't say for sure).
Back in MSP at the C gates club with the self serve bar. It was available in DTW too and some other NW clubs. Delta clubs never had it... this was an old NW worldclubs thing pre-merger and shortly after with a large block of Wisconsin cheddar.

An interesting/amusing discussion on it can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ese-stuff.html
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Still no drinkable gin?
Trick question. There's no such thing as drinkable gin.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:05 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by rylan
Kind of surprised the Tillamook cheese is getting whacked since cheese and crackers is kind of a snack staple. That stuff actually is real cheese, unlike the flavored processed 'cheese food product' that were offered when the giant block of cut-your-own cheddar was pulled from the NW clubs. Yeah the parm spread is good, but sometimes a piece of cheese is a nice snack on the run.

Glad to see some soups. Hoping that they'll have a mix of light/reduced calorie greek yogurts along with the normal, since the normal yoplait greek is pretty high in calories. Huge plus on the salad.
More surprisingly, the nutella is going away. The limitless nutella packs were the only redeeming quality of the LAX SC.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by monitor
This confirms the information that we got this noon at the FLL club where the agents were adamant that it was a good thing because the clubs were now so much less crowded since the new membership procedures.
Did you leave out a couple of smileys, or are the clubs actually less crowded?

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.