Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 SkyMiles Program News from Delta

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by arcticflier
Good morning All,
I have finally reached the 200K award miles goal so that I could take a RTW but did DL just change their award travel price structures?
Were you expecting to be able to redeem miles for a RTW award? Where have you been if not on FlyerTalk for the past six months? Those awards went away as of January 1st.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG & BoardRoom
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
Were you expecting to be able to redeem miles for a RTW award? Where have you been if not on FlyerTalk for the past six months? Those awards went away as of January 1st.
Thank you for this information.

Obviously, I have not been on FT the past six months. ;-(

Do you happen to know if there has been an increase in award miles necessary to go from the US to SE Asia in the past month?

It seems like the required miles has almost doubled from when I shopped in mid-January.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: American AAdvantage ExecPlat, Former DL Skymiles Diamond (MM), Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Good morning All,

I have finally reached the 200K award miles goal so that I could take a RTW but did DL just change their award travel price structures?

Even US to SE Asia Award Fares appear to have gone up significantly.

Any insight appreciated...I feel like I now need a wheelbarrow of miles just to buy a milk run...

Thanks
It's been getting bad. Even before this past devaluation I priced out a round trip ticket to Paris. Delta wanted 60,000 for coach. I checked on American, they wanted 40,000 coach, and 60,000 business class. Considering AA still gives you miles on actual flight miles, this was a huge difference.

So I have a few hundred thousand on Delta now that I really need to use before they are only good for a single flight.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Thank you for this information.

Obviously, I have not been on FT the past six months. ;-(

Do you happen to know if there has been an increase in award miles necessary to go from the US to SE Asia in the past month?

It seems like the required miles has almost doubled from when I shopped in mid-January.
Over the last year the normal level award pricing has almost doubled. Combined with introduction of 5 levels (vs. earlier 3), and level 1 (normal) availability now practically reduced to zero, and level 2 being very scarce, yes, now things will easily cost roughly double, as a combination of award price increasing (thrice over the last year) and the elimination of almost any availability at level 1 and very little at level 2, now as of January 1.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: Delta, United, American, Southwest, Continenta.
Question Seeking gold status

I fell out this year due to less travel. Does anyone have a gold to gift? Cost? Thanks, Peter. 620-330-7065
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by peterell1961
I fell out this year due to less travel. Does anyone have a gold to gift? Cost? Thanks, Peter. 620-330-7065
Violation of DL T&C. Calling might and likely will given DL monitors this forum be the end of all your miles and maybe worse.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:56 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
They are making it really hard to remain loyal, 57% loss of miles

Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by jfe

And you even spent more $$ on the flight in 2015.

I did this math all year last year tracking RDMs under old and new rules. In December, after my last 2014 flight, I calculated I'd be at about 42% RDMs if I flew the same pattern in 2015.

I have NOT booked any flights on DL this year.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by peterell1961
Please don't put your phone number on this forum. You have removed it.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by jfe
Look on the bright side -- you earned more MQDs!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:17 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Originally Posted by Dovster
Look on the bright side -- you earned more MQDs!
MQDs are irrelevant. I have an AMEX card that I get the bonus and exception for spending.

Ridiculous.

If AA doesn't follow suit this year, I will move the flights to them instead. I am just afraid to switch to them, and then announce a change just like UA did.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
I've switched already, and waiting on my AS MVPG75 match to come thru as backup.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 6:01 am

Hi guys - Can anyone confirm?

I have a flight ticketed by DL with 2 segments, 1st segment is DL and 2nd segment is AF, will 2nd segment earn MQMs based on AF rules?

Thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 6:34 am

Do I earn SkyMiles on ZK if its only ticketed by DL? If it's ZK ticketed I will NOT earn, is this correct?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by jfe

You may have spent more money and lost 57% of you miles on one trip in 2015, but in return you get to use a new and improved award calendar!

I fly US every once in a while, not by choice, but out of necessity (DCA home airport), so there is a strong chance I'll switch to US/AA once the dust settles with the merger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.