Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 SkyMiles Program News from Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by discjester
Thank you for the well thought out reply. You are correct that I assumed that DL would have access to KLM award seats but I probably should not have done so. I know that flights operate those days as they are available via Money but I guess that I can assume that KLM/AF did not probably award availability to DL.

Also, thanks to all so suggested alternative routes. I have checked into them all and likely likely end up choosing one of those routes. This was just an effort to make travel easier!
May I ask where are you actually going/heading to? For example, are you heading to inland Provence, and thus see MRS are the closest large airport? If so, I think you will have a tough time getting an award flight into MRS. If that is where you are going, it might be far easier to fly into CDG, take the TGV to say, Avignon, and rent a car there at the station. Know folks who have done this many times.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
We just booked JFK-BKK (via ICN); returning DPS-SYD-ICN-JFK in business elite for 140,000 each for two passengers. Flights were with in a day of when we wanted to depart and return; the choice to stop over in Sydney was our doing and the direct flight DPS-ICN was available at the same cost. This was our first award booking for 2015 and is almost half of what we paid for a similar trip last year.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Steve007NY
We just booked JFK-BKK (via ICN); returning DPS-SYD-ICN-JFK in business elite for 140,000 each for two passengers. Flights were with in a day of when we wanted to depart and return; the choice to stop over in Sydney was our doing and the direct flight DPS-ICN was available at the same cost. This was our first award booking for 2015 and is almost half of what we paid for a similar trip last year.
So is that just a <24 hour layover in Sydney?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Steve007NY
This sounds like a steal. I wonder what it would have hit with PWM.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Originally Posted by GH83
So is that just a <24 hour layover in Sydney?
Yes! My partner is a "have you been there" collector. Our ultimate plans are to move to a house were having built in Southeast Asia, but meanwhile, the opportunity to set foot (even for a few hours) in Sydney was one of those "how can you ever explain the lunacy of we frequent fliers to others" options.

Just like we've just been discussing how many "new" countries would several different cruise options allow us to add to our "bucket list".

Nuts? Undoubtably. But then, let he who is without lunacy cast the first stone.
Especially on flyer talk!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Has anyone had experience with the miles + cash option (not to be confused with the PWM option)? I've been comparing award and revenue flights to HNL/OGG and every search produced the normal results with one column as economy and the other as business/first. Randomly, after many searches on the same dates, once and only once, was there four columns splitting economy and business/first into two with the second columns as miles + cash. I wasn't able to reproduce it with subsequent searches unfortunately. Shouldn't this show up on every search? Is this a known issue with DL's new awards search? It was the first time I had seen 4 columns vs. two so it caught me by surprise.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Miles + Cash option is not available until Feb 8th. You must be logged into your account to see them. Select the "Miles" option to display them. Not available when partner metal flights are involved. I have no problem bringing them up to OGG and HNL from my account. Not terribly useful in my opinion as you are effectively paying around .018/mile. I see them as potentially useful for infrequent flyers with low mileage balances who are within 10,000 miles of an award ticket as the .018/mile rate is cheaper than the .035/mile rate that DL charges to buy miles.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 8, 2015 at 10:41 pm
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:55 pm

I thought the minimum domestic round trip price was still 25k miles. I found an NYC-MIA itin that is only 12.5k r/t. If DL is running mileage specials do they make them public?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
I thought the minimum domestic round trip price was still 25k miles. I found an NYC-MIA itin that is only 12.5k r/t. If DL is running mileage specials do they make them public?
Are you sure you're not looking at a one-way?

No mileage specials that I'm aware of.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Are you sure you're not looking at a one-way?

No mileage specials that I'm aware of.
Definitely a round trip.

Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:20 pm

Same day turn, less than 4 hours in MIA, the engine is probably pricing this as a through one-way EWR-MIA-LGA.

Edit to add: although taxes are $11.20 which probably means I am not right.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
Same day turn, less than 4 hours in MIA, the engine is probably pricing this as a through one-way.
I suppose so. When you book it you're selecting 2 separate legs as a round trip so you'd think the system would know better. Too bad as I'm flexible but not that flexible.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by michael_v
Same day turn, less than 4 hours in MIA, the engine is probably pricing this as a through one-way.

Edit to add: although taxes are $11.20 which probably means I am not right.
Possible. Book now, ask questions later.

A bit ironic, though, that the glorious DL award engine will price a same-day domestic turn as a single one-way fare with the same O/D point, but can't seem to put together a simple same-day int'l connection without pricing each leg as its own, separate one-way.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
stopover no more, but options to book <24 hours layovers on international itineraries would be oh so nice!

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Jan 10, 2015 at 6:56 pm
Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
stopover no more, but options to book <24 hours layovers on international itineraries would be oh so nice!
This is not an option now with SkyPesos?? Did I miss this enhancement?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.