Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 SkyMiles Program News from Delta

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: Riteaid wellness+ Gold, PlanetFitness Preferred Black, Hyatt Cubic Zirconia, Hallmark Crown Platinum
For people that fly on Group 1 airlines, they will find that flying on the partner air can be better than flying on DL.

For GM:
JFK-SYD (tkt price around $2.6k) on VA W (on Delta codeshare)
2014: 44k
2015: 20k
JFK-SYD on VA W (on VA stock/ VA flight number)
2015: 36k
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
Originally Posted by IIIIIIIIIIllllllllll
For people that fly on Group 1 airlines, they will find that flying on the partner air can be better than flying on DL
Sshhhh!
Old Dec 8, 2014, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by IIIIIIIIIIllllllllll
For people that fly on Group 1 airlines, they will find that flying on the partner air can be better than flying on DL.

For GM:
JFK-SYD (tkt price around $2.6k) on VA W (on Delta codeshare)
2015: 20k
JFK-SYD on VA W (on VA stock/ VA flight number)
2015: 36k
wait... something doesn't compute... where is the logic in that?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Its a huge press release for just telling us they are putting on new seat covers!
Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
Its a huge press release for just telling us they are putting on new seat covers!
Pikachu seat covers?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
Lol. I saw them the other day on a flight in a md-88. No big deal. Also alcoholic drinks in the "new economy +"...who cares. Even more room/recline would be better.

Also the name change for business elite, unless the seats change then I don't care lol. They're fine as is but with this big announcement I was expecting bigger changes. Oh well
Old Dec 9, 2014, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by alrvd83
Lol. I saw them the other day on a flight in a md-88. No big deal. Also alcoholic drinks in the "new economy +"...who cares. Even more room/recline would be better.

Also the name change for business elite, unless the seats change then I don't care lol. They're fine as is but with this big announcement I was expecting bigger changes. Oh well
Dedicated baggage space for the new Economy Plus is a nice add.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by Reggaebird
Dedicated baggage space for the new Economy Plus is a nice add.
Who's going to police that? The FA's are already busy serving FC drinks and at the back of the plane getting the peanuts ready to throw out to the cattle.

I can see the headlines now "Delta Jet returns to gate after luggage is pulled out of OverHead bin by C- pax didn't get his reserved space!"
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by alrvd83

Remember when TWA dropped transoceanic first class and introduced an enhanced business class product, calling it(drum roll)......Trans World One? Sounds to me like Delta is not being too original with their new name here.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by wco81
You still have the MQD requirement so regardless of the RDMs that you'd get on partners, you wouldn't get any MQDs as you would on DL metal.

How about DL codeshares on AF/KLM metal?
Wrong-I have seen AF/KL codeshares across the Atlantic with DL flight numbers.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:35 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Wrong-I have seen AF/KL codeshares across the Atlantic with DL flight numbers.
You should be able to get MQD for the codeshare on IAH-AMS (KL), LAX-CDG (AF), etc.

Last edited by pleasantsn; Dec 10, 2014 at 12:40 am Reason: misread MQM for MQD
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:39 am

Just wait when families book the basic economy fare and don't get seats assigned until checkin. Can you imagine kids and parents being spread throughout the plane like my 3 year old grandson in a middle seat between two strangers and his parents far away at opposite ends of the plane. It will make for an interesting scenario with the 3 year old constantly fidgeting (lucky if not screaming because of the strangers) and repeatedly spilling his drinks on his adult neighbours.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by cruiser9999
Just wait when families book the basic economy fare and don't get seats assigned until checkin. Can you imagine kids and parents being spread throughout the plane like my 3 year old grandson in a middle seat between two strangers and his parents far away at opposite ends of the plane. It will make for an interesting scenario with the 3 year old constantly fidgeting (lucky if not screaming because of the strangers) and repeatedly spilling his drinks on his adult neighbours.
people who can't afford(or are unwilling) to fork over some extra money
to the airline so they can sit next to their toddlers have no business having
kids in the first place.

my parents made me fly as UM on TPAC flights every 30 day starting when
I was 9 years old and stopped when I became 10 years old. I loved planes
so it was a treat for me on the 27+ TPAC roundtrips by myself.

However, I imagine not every kid was like me. IMHO, what my parents
did to me was borderline child abuse, although I did fly business at least
50% of the time... but no booze was served to 9-year-old UM passengers.
This was back in the early 1980s. Sometimes I sat to grumpy old
businessmen who smoked several packs druing the 12 to 14-hour flights.
(the good old says when smoking was still allowed on NW 747-200s)

Last edited by TENYKS; Dec 10, 2014 at 6:42 pm
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
AA announced changes to its mileage earning rates today in the form of a year-long promotion.

Beginning January 1, you can earn a bonus on top of your base mileage, class of service bonus and elite status bonus when you fly on a purchased First or Business class ticket through December 31, 2015.
They're adding an extra bonus for passengers on premium fares. The bonus is amplified for high tier elites, and is in addition to the existing elite and class of service bonuses. It runs up to 12,000 miles (not clear to me if this is per flight or per ticket).

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/aadvanta...itle=moremiles

Edit: according to the AA forum wiki, it is per segment.

Last edited by javabytes; Dec 15, 2014 at 9:25 am
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by javabytes
AA announced changes to its mileage earning rates today in the form of a year-long promotion.

They're adding an extra bonus for passengers on premium fares. The bonus is amplified for high tier elites, and is in addition to the existing elite and class of service bonuses. It runs up to 12,000 miles (not clear to me if this is per flight or per ticket).

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/aadvanta...itle=moremiles
This is clearly in response to what DL and UA have done for those who buy expensive tickets -- but what AA did doesn't punish the rest of its custmers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.