Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Adding New Routes from Seattle

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL, AS, UA, HH, MR, Nat. Car
Being a Seattle guy I like the idea of more flights, even if there is more competition for upgrades. For me it is more options to get to my clients faster and get back home easier and spend time with my kids.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dhb2112
Being a Seattle guy I like the idea of more flights, even if there is more competition for upgrades. For me it is more options to get to my clients faster and get back home easier and spend time with my kids.
You're certainly free to do as you please but if I lived in SEA I think I would try and give my business to Alaska as much as possible. Alaska has been very good to Seattle. If Delta chases AS out of SEA we have no idea what DL will do after the fact. DL once had a nice big operation at my home airport (MCO) but they are now a shell of their former self. We now only have service to the hubs and RDU,BOS,LAX,BDL. Oh yeah, and those Saturday only flights that last for a few weeks for spring break.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by cmd320
That is correct. All AS Boardrooms are accessible through PP.
Until the alliance with AA's Admirals Clubs occurs --- then PP will likely be dropped (along with SkyClub access) to prevent "overcrowding."

Old Feb 11, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dhb2112
Let's see you you feel about that after your Nth CRJ flight in a row.

Hate those planes.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by pbarnette
More important, though is location. Pull out a map and look at where DTW is. Now look at where MSP is. Look to the West of MSP and what do you see? A great big ball of... nothing. Look to the North of MSP and what do you see? A great big ball of... nothing. DTW is simply better located to connect traffic within the Eastern half of the US. MSP is too far north and too far west to serve, on it's own, as a mid-Continent hub.
I see the Dakotas, Montanta, and then the PNW.

But I look east, and I see a great big ball of nothing, then Michigan, then Ontario and finally the NE.

Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bk42
I see the Dakotas, Montanta, and then the PNW.

But I look east, and I see a great big ball of nothing, then Michigan, then Ontario and finally the NE.

Do you mean Wisconsin?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
You're certainly free to do as you please but if I lived in SEA I think I would try and give my business to Alaska as much as possible. Alaska has been very good to Seattle. If Delta chases AS out of SEA we have no idea what DL will do after the fact. DL once had a nice big operation at my home airport (MCO) but they are now a shell of their former self. We now only have service to the hubs and RDU,BOS,LAX,BDL. Oh yeah, and those Saturday only flights that last for a few weeks for spring break.
Ah no. DL > AS. I know which airline can take me to JFK, LHR, and AMS. The other one is running scared and is going to get crushed.

MCO is a low-yield operation, big difference. SEA has Amazon, Microsoft, Boeing, and a heck lot of wealth.

Last edited by technole; Feb 11, 2014 at 11:32 pm
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by technole
Ah no. DL > AS. I know which airline can take me to JFK, LHR, and AMS. The other one is running scared and is going to crushed.

MCO is a low-yield operation, big difference. SEA has Amazon, Microsoft, Boeing, and a heck lot of wealth.
And I know which airline can take me to where I want to go, has no change fees for Golds and above, and whose miles and status are actually worth something. Getting to LHR or AMS is no problem as an AS flyer; I'll take BA or KL with full EQM over DL any day of the week.

I have no clue where you get the idea that AS is "running scared". Conjecture in FlyerTalk doesn't make it so.

Dave
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by davew-krdm
And I know which airline can take me to where I want to go, has no change fees for Golds and above, and whose miles and status are actually worth something. Getting to LHR or AMS is no problem as an AS flyer; I'll take BA or KL with full EQM over DL any day of the week.

I have no clue where you get the idea that AS is "running scared". Conjecture in FlyerTalk doesn't make it so.

Dave
^ Well said! Technole has a very odd definition of "running scared". Alaska has stuck with Seattle for years. Delta has a long history of leaving cities high and dry after they are done with them.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by troyintn
I tend to agree with all the flights to PHX are they going to bring back the club?
No! Absolutely not! They won't be reopen the club in a distant the future. The Club is remain closed forever.

Originally Posted by pbarnette
I could think of at least a half-dozen flights they would add before SEA-MCO.
I have doubt it. They will consider it. I think DL will consider SEA-FLL instead of MCO. MCO is too extremely overcrowded. The traffic can be very bad. You will stuck the traffic. Too much rush-hours traffic.

Originally Posted by KyBrewer
Awful relative to TPA when you live in St. Pete
Actually, my brother who usually lived in TPA before, but they don't live there anymore.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DL has inherited such nice facilities at DTW that it would be a shame to see this hub abandoned.
Actually, DTW is a very nice terminal and it's very easy for me. You don't have worried about it. DTW is here to stay. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Originally Posted by Chalky White
Ok, then shut down MSP as a hub. It doesn't make sense to have two hubs that are 500 miles apart.
No, you can't. They won't be shut down MSP as a hub. I just don't see happens anytime soon.

Originally Posted by dtwtransport
Does anyone know which terminal AS will use at DTW?
Actually, they will be at North terminal, but not at Delta terminal.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:23 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
^ Well said! Technole has a very odd definition of "running scared". Alaska has stuck with Seattle for years. Delta has a long history of leaving cities high and dry after they are done with them.
Delta, via it's history with Northwest has severed SEA longer than AS.

Sure AS can look out for it's own, but apparently it came at the expense of a partner whether it is behind the scenes retaliation like now following the contract to it's letter terms, or code share costs. Or flirting too much with AA when it's obvious where the most revenue was coming from, we don't know what caused the commotion. All we know the situation as it is today is good for costumers for both DL and AS. Now whether their SLC expansion was planned or not, it is rather short-sighted. WN tried to take on big D there and that didn't work out.

I still stick my prediction that AS will never drop DL even at the end of their contract. It would be one arm cutting the other.

High and dry? More like sprawling cities when they are done.

SEA - Trans-pac and becoming a global hub
JFK - Global hub
LGA - Domestic hub
CVG - Right-sized

MEM is too close to ATL, and there was not enough O&D to sustain such a barbie jet operation. MCO is low-yield, every airline and it's mom serves it. It is still the 2nd largest there. DL kicking out Mesa, aka Freedom is the reason those non-stop barbie jets ended. DL still runs a big ops there so please don't act like MCO is a ghost town.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:40 am
Suspended

High and dry? More like sprawling cities when they are done.

SEA - Trans-pac and becoming a global hub
JFK - Global hub
LGA - Domestic hub
CVG - Right-sized

MEM is too close to ATL, and there was not enough O&D to sustain such a barbie jet operation. MCO is low-yield, every airline and it's mom serves it. It is still the 2nd largest there. DL kicking out Mesa, aka Freedom is the reason those non-stop barbie jets ended. DL still runs a big ops there so please don't act like MCO is a ghost town.
You are forgetting Delta's previous hubs at DFW and PDX and the large focus cities they used to have at FLL and BOS. BDL also used to have a good amount of DL service.

You are also forgetting about Delta Express and Song at MCO; the MCO network was far bigger than just the intra-FL Comair/Freedom flying.

Delta has also had a bipolar relationship with LAX. They will build it up only to bring it down and then turn around and increase flights again.

My point is that Alaska has a stable presence at SEA. Delta is unpredictable.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you mean Wisconsin?
I think that's what they call it, yes.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:52 am

Delta, via it's history with Northwest has severed SEA longer than AS.
Unfortunate typo.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bk42
Unfortunate typo.
I was wondering whether severed or served was meant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.