Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta360 for HVC DM's

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jsmith50
I had my wife go ahead and open it...it's an investor prospectus...poor timing to show up in the mail when DL was rumored to be sending out 360 invites!
Are you a current DAL shareholder? I was one for about 6 months up until last Friday and never heard anything.

On a side note: they are performing the best in the USA right now. Anyone think there is a little more head room around $30/share??
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by tmontemb
Are you a current DAL shareholder? I was one for about 6 months up until last Friday and never heard anything.

On a side note: they are performing the best in the USA right now. Anyone think there is a little more head room around $30/share??
Yes, have been for years. Good for my stock portfolio but they are bad for my travel anxiety as they keep changing things on us as FFs. My financial adviser thinks that the stock has at least a few bucks of room to grow still which he is predicting they will hit by early 2014.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, National Executive, SPG Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
Originally Posted by RobertS975
So the folks at DL are "more than mildly amused" by our FT discourse... why do I not find that amusing?
I think it's amusing, just like any enthusiast forum. 99% of the world buys a ticket, flies someplace, and enjoys the periodic upgrade but accepts the class of fare they bought.

People here at FT are bent on reverse engineering programs, getting their name on the cleared list and squeezing every ounce of value out of a program. More so, we are the noisiest when the program isn't kept to exact and military precise standards.

We keep the airlines accountable which is great, but we're absolutely certifiably obsessive.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:46 pm
mdb

Pain in the rear may not even be the best description. My contact at DL is often very respectful of the contributors here and the data that they are able to mine from FT without needing to pay to host their own focus groups. I take this more recent comment at no more than face value that they get a kick out of these discussions and get some enjoyment knowing that they are thinking of this board when they are considering "enhancements" to SMs.
I do hope you are correct... need to keep my cynical self in check ;-P
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
Originally Posted by alee0729
We keep the airlines accountable which is great, but we're absolutely certifiably obsessive.
Amen to that!

I forgot to mention in my original post in this thread, way back on page 2 I think, that I have also experienced the Porsche ride in ATL once. I was met at the door of the plane by a very nice man who said that "I know you don't hove a tight connection, but today is a QUIET day here and so we would like to offer you a quick ride to the D Concourse."

My take from this is that when 360 Service is fully rolled out, it will be available to DM's also when needed, provided that true 360 members don't need any assistance at that time. This seems like a logical use of resources. If the staffing is there anyway, they should take care of the most immediate needs of any DM's when they are not dealing with issues for 360 members, rather than just sitting around doing nothing! I don't think that the Porsche ride is going to be exclusive to 360 members, but I may be wrong.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
I had my wife go ahead and open it...it's an investor prospectus...poor timing to show up in the mail when DL was rumored to be sending out 360 invites!
Wow, what a letdown. Even I am disappointed!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
I think it's amusing, just like any enthusiast forum. 99% of the world buys a ticket, flies someplace, and enjoys the periodic upgrade but accepts the class of fare they bought.

People here at FT are bent on reverse engineering programs, getting their name on the cleared list and squeezing every ounce of value out of a program. More so, we are the noisiest when the program isn't kept to exact and military precise standards.

Which is why I coined the term DeltaManiacs a dozen years ago! I admit afliction with all that you accuse us of!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by sdadept
I view this a lot less negatively. Delta reads the forums and gets input. Whats wrong with some employees sitting around enjoying the speculation.
Because you have to admit, not infrequently, it is like DL tossing a grenade into our community and watching the aftermath... a multi-page thread in which an official DL spokesperson rarely comments.

I am certain DL gains insight from observing our community discourse, but we don't really want to be a source of "amusement" to them, do we?

Like this thread, for example... are they amused at all the DMs being somewhat concerned that we will be transformed into cubic zirconiums? Yet not a word of reassurance from any DL official.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by RobertS975
This is just the "white envelope" redux! Has anyone actually been told they have made this program?
Close, except that it's a black envelope.^

Last edited by Deadtail; Oct 25, 2013 at 6:45 am
Old Oct 25, 2013, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rylan
I guess the first rule of DL360 is not to acknowledge DL360?
Stolen from the rules of the 2% club.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:44 am
Suspended

Programs: DM
duplicate
Old Oct 25, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by Deadtail
Close, except that it's a black envelope.^

More pics please!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: WFBF, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lamont2718
More pics please!
I'll second that motion!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, National Executive, SPG Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
Yeah that's definitely a fake unless we see more stuff.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond

Unless we are giving up on a program.
In which case, I am willing to accept a lower value/mile as the perceived difference between old and new values is a sunk cost that cannot (well, it can, but is very unlikely to be) be regained.
I don't book flights just to have a chance at opups, though I certainly can pick the ones where my odds are greatest where permitted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.