Search

Delta360 for HVC DM's

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
I don't know if anyone can actually know the real answer to this, but I've always wondered how much that matters.

I've been PM/DM for the last 10 years, and I purchase - usually on my DL Amex - tickets for about 12 staff. My spend varies by year but often tops out around 100K.

I know that's not a lot of money in the world of corp travel, but I really would love to have some sense of whether DL actually even tracks that kind of spend, and how much they care.
Gosh I hope you have been a part of Skybonus for all those years!
Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL DM
Have indeed, thanks.

I guess that's my reward, huh?

Originally Posted by Delta Points
Gosh I hope you have been a part of Skybonus for all those years!
Old Oct 19, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Deadtail
The hard product and customer service on Delta is hard to beat. AA is going to go through some pains personal wise as they leave bankruptcy due to give backs. IROOPS is one place where Delta excels and for me to know that if something goes wrong I don't have the highest priority would be pretty disappointing, especially knowing that for me CK is a slam dunk if what I understand from a couple friends who are members is correct.
AA IRROPS has been very good to me whenever I have needed it.
(they have allowed me to take non permissible routings on AA metal, and have rebooked me on other airlines, both within and out of OW.)
Old Oct 19, 2013, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bowgie
DL's base Diamond program in some ways is better than UA's GS program:

125% status bonus vs 100% for UA
Free Skyclub access vs none for UA
Choice Benefits (but UA has usable SWU's, so maybe that doesn't count)
and an airline that's arguably more operationally reliable than UA

I am glad to see Delta offer something like 360 to HVC's, if for no other reason than to address the whining about not getting recognition worthy of their spend.
Agree, except the 25% bonus difference is eaten by inability to use the miles, inability to search partners, and broken calendar.

SC access is a nice perk over UA.

And CB doesn't do much in the way of UG instruments. SWU's at DL are worthless IMO.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by mbwmbw
I wonder if the Delta 360 invitees will get access to this club: [link]http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ticketing/citi_field_clubs.jsp?loc=delta[/link]
DO they serve #skunkygate beer?
Old Oct 20, 2013, 4:04 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
It's not easy to be a HVC. Having to deal with all these perks and whatnot.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 4:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
It's not easy to be a HVC. Having to deal with all these perks and whatnot.
Fortunately you don't have to worry about it.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: DL PM, SkyClub, CO, AA, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Fortunately you don't have to worry about it.
^ Aren't we still waiting for a screen shot???
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:36 am

I wonder if the Delta 360 invitees will get access to this club: [link]http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ticketing/citi_field_clubs.jsp?loc=delta[/link]
Why dilute the offer? I bought plenty of games under $30 with access to that club. Not worth much more than that IMO.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by NYCsoundguy
^ Aren't we still waiting for a screen shot???
You'll have to wait for someone else to post it and then his will immediately follow

No 360 for me, guess my MQD's aren't enough.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
You'll have to wait for someone else to post it and then his will immediately follow

No 360 for me, guess my MQD's aren't enough.
Do you all want some peanut butter with that jelly? :-p
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I think the thread title is wrong. 360 customers don't have to be Diamond, although most of them will likely be DM since the main criteria for 360 is spend: 360 = DL's top xxxx customers in terms of spend, not miles flown. (That's spend on DL, not AMEX.)
I was thinking it would be 300K MQMs/60K MQDs.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Dalat767
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I think the thread title is wrong. 360 customers don't have to be Diamond, although most of them will likely be DM since the main criteria for 360 is spend: 360 = DL's top xxxx customers in terms of spend, not miles flown. (That's spend on DL, not AMEX.)
I was thinking it would be 300K MQMs/60K MQDs.
Clever.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FitTraveler
I've heard a lot people say that AA is more sophisticated handling HVC's and VIP's. Based on your experience can you mention a couple examples of how AA has treated you better and what Delta would have done in a similar situation?
1. AA's EXP phone line has technology to recognize phone I am calling from and if it's tied to my profile I do not have to give my FF# to the voice prompt. I am automatically connected with an agent. Nice when in a noisy location.

2. UGs more likely to clear at window. Less FCM. If EXPs do not clear an UG they get a free cocktail and a snack box in Y.

3. More MCE in planes AA than EC on DL.

4. EXPs board before all other elites. On DL when half the plane is "elite" SkyPriority is a mess.

5. Meal service is much better. Can pre-order meals in F now from the available menu. Still have sundaes on longer domestic flights.

6. Better pitch in F.

7. SWUs that are easily usable. I have not had a flight all year where I could not use a SWU...at the lowest available fare.

8. Better award ticket availability and a process that allows them to get a waiver to offer lowest award level to EXPs. I have been successful using this and saved 225K miles over DL on an award ticket to Europe.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
The first point isn't very useful when you constantly switch SIM cards across multiple nations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.