Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Homework: everyone needs to come up with the announcement notice for this enhancement. Whoever has the closest one to the Delta announcement gets an empty Bombay Saphire mini bottle and a Laurel and Hardy welcome....
You want that on letterhead or with the blue background and the half-page widget?

-J.
Old May 8, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by james318
I like it! I'll have mine in the morning. I had too much Gordon's tonight to focus.
If you think you've had too much tonight, wait 'til the cheap booze hangover kicks in tomorrow morning!
Old May 8, 2013, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
After the change I would recommend taking your first drink in the middle of the club and promptly spitting it out on the floor or in one of those fake plants and yelling "SWILL!".
Old May 8, 2013, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Homework: everyone needs to come up with the announcement notice for this enhancement. Whoever has the closest one to the Delta announcement gets an empty Bombay Saphire mini bottle and a Laurel and Hardy welcome....
Let me give it a go.

How'd I do?
Old May 8, 2013, 9:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by javabytes
Let me give it a go.

How'd I do?
I see what you did there!
Old May 8, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
If you think you've had too much tonight, wait 'til the cheap booze hangover kicks in tomorrow morning!
I would say any Gordons is too much Gordons but I know I'll be swilling it down. I might have to take that lime with it. Until the fruit gets monetized, that is.

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
After the change I would recommend taking your first drink in the middle of the club and promptly spitting it out on the floor or in one of those fake plants and yelling "SWILL!".
I will give $50 to a FTer that does this. Heck, I'll do it myself. I have no shame.

Originally Posted by javabytes
Let me give it a go.

How'd I do?
LOL. Give that man the $10,000!
Old May 8, 2013, 10:00 pm

I would say any Gordons is too much Gordons but I know I'll be swilling it down. I might have to take that lime with it. Until the fruit gets monetized, that is.
I think you've discoverd the next "enhancement"!

Old May 8, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

I'd take that over the dried-out who-knows-how-old/"fresh" limes that are (still) present in some clubs

-J.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:09 pm

LOL. NICE.

Somehow I think we'll end up with Processed Lime Like Juice Substance. It will be shelf-stable, ya know.

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
I'd take that over the dried-out who-knows-how-old/"fresh" limes that are (still) present in some clubs

-J.
Touche'

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Somehow Delta responded to the (outsize?) outrage over "fake" Sky Club cheese—one of FTers' few victories in recent years, by my count. While I don't much care about the cheese, I'm pretty worked up about the prospect of cheap booze.

I no longer pay for membership as a DM, so I can't really vote with my wallet (apart from switching carriers, a step I'm not yet willing to take).

But maybe if we whine enough, Delta will reconsider?
Old May 8, 2013, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
Somehow Delta responded to the (outsize?) outrage over "fake" Sky Club cheese—one of FTers' few victories in recent years, by my count. While I don't much care about the cheese, I'm pretty worked up about the prospect of cheap booze.

I no longer pay for membership as a DM, so I can't really vote with my wallet (apart from switching carriers, a step I'm not yet willing to take).

But maybe if we whine enough, Delta will reconsider?
I did take the time to write to them. I got the customary "pound sand" form letter back.

It was more for sport, than expecting any real results.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:18 pm

And next thing you know the sanctimonious WRLBRL's bunch will show up with their free-lime bashing ways.

What were we even arguing about again? Barkeep, is my Gordon's and Tonic ready yet? I want to play the is it swill/gin/vodka guesing game.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I did take the time to write to them. I got the customary "pound sand" form letter back.

It was more for sport, than expecting any real results.
Since the booze downgrade has not yet been realized, I doubt the customer service folks at corporate had any idea what you were talking about.

At this point, it might be more effective to express concerns to local Sky Club management, especially if you're a regular with any sort of relationship with the staff. I plan to voice my displeasure at BOS.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
deleted

Last edited by AA_EXP09; May 8, 2013 at 10:24 pm Reason: non polar plastic doesn't react with (polar) acid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.