Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2013, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
SkyKlub now serving Koka Kola?
Old May 9, 2013, 1:41 pm

ALERT ALERT ALERT

the MCO skyclub is currently out of scotch! and the bartender doesn't think there will be any until after the 5/15 supplier switch!

!!!

Old May 9, 2013, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by squatch
ALERT ALERT ALERT

the MCO skyclub is currently out of scotch! and the bartender doesn't think there will be any until after the 5/15 supplier switch!

!!!

You may find that providing you the service that you paid for is not a priority.
Old May 9, 2013, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
You may find that providing you the service that you paid for is not a priority.
Thats what happens with outsourcing.
Old May 9, 2013, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
Thats what happens with outsourcing.
c'mon, stop it. poor planning is not exclusive to outsourced business arrangements.
Old May 9, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Ah, I can see the gears turning in the MBA farm on Virginia Ave...

"Many SkyClub Members in recent focus groups have stated a desire for us to stop serving Scotch from time to time. We are simply more closely aligning scotch supply with customer preferences."

BTW, what scotch are they switching to, dare I ask?
Old May 9, 2013, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DLdweeb

"Many SkyClub Members in recent focus groups have stated a desire for us to stop serving Scotch from time to time. We are simply more closely aligning scotch supply with customer preferences."

Ricky "Jimbo" Jones Fulton County Scotch. Aged a full 12 months in recycled steel drums. Gets its distinctly smokey character from the kudzu leaves that are burned to roast the malted grain.

"Only the best for our loyal patrons," stated a DL representative when asked about the new selection of beverages that are to be introduced throughout the Sky Club network.

(But, where is the reference to the "heightened experience"?)
Old May 9, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by DLdweeb

Oh man, you worded that perfectly! Are you sure you don't work for DL corporate?
Old May 9, 2013, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
It's reminiscent of Tijuana or the Mexican booze-cruise business models where they can offer copious amounts for a flat fee as long as they use only the local hooch. Yet giving less AND charging more is more like the worst all-inclusives, which promise everything but then try to deliver as little as they can get away with.

BTW, this is arguably ANOTHER DL move you can chalk up to soon having only 3 legacies. It falls in that zone of customer-hostile moves that they probably would have brainstormed but decided not to do back when there were 5 or 6 legacies.
Old May 9, 2013, 10:33 pm

Regardless of the lack of universal access, the Delta Reserve card was a good deal for me. Fifteen times in a SC basically paid for the card as far as I was concerned. Now I do not know if I will keep it or even bother with the SC. The only good thing was the free Tanqueray and the occasional good beer in some of them. If I have to pay, there are plenty of bars that have anything I want, including reasonably good food.

Last edited by flyerslc; May 10, 2013 at 12:04 pm
Old May 10, 2013, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

c'mon, stop it. poor planning is not exclusive to outsourced business arrangements.
Not exclusive, however the trend for the past quite a few years is for companies to jump on the outsourcing bandwagon thinking its a great thing that will save loads of money. Then they realize that it actually requires management and good planning for it to work successfully. Oops.
Old May 10, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Meanwhile, United is moving the opposite direction. I just saw they announced they are switching to Tito's vodka exclusively system-wide link
Old May 10, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dc2005b
Meanwhile, United is moving the opposite direction. I just saw they announced they are switching to Tito's vodka exclusively system-wide link
To be fair, the article only mentions in-flight, not lounges.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
When is the last time the SC made a positive enhancement???

When is the last time the SC made a positive enhancement????

The only thing positive I can think of that has happened post merger is pepsi got replaced with coke products (which isn't an enhancement for many and doesn't apply to the people that didn't use the WC).

IIRC the WC used to have real dishes, they are replaced with plastic. The one thing I did like was when soup was added a few years back, but that went away for good after just a couple months. I think the bagel/bread selection at breakfast has done downhill in the last few years. They are adding full service bars at many SC's meaning waiting in line and having to tip. At the main and B/C DTW clubs and some others they have removed the cubicles that I used to like for work purposes and in the main DTW club they now have these high bar type tables that you can't even sit at to work.

It's harder to find seats thanks to all the day passes, etc. Harder to find outlets. And now they are replacing Sky Vodka (which I like for a free vodka) with an offbrand.

And yet they raised fees for the paid members a couple months ago.

What TRUE enhancements has Delta made to the skyclub to justify this increase. If anything they should be dropping dues for paid members.
Old May 10, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Delta already proved how they wanted to screw over their most loyal customers a couple months ago by raising the dues for Plat. and Gold members but keeping the fee the same for Am Ex and single day passes.

A nice gesture would be for SC's with full service bars to offer PAID skyclub members Sky Vodka, Bacardi rum (or other equivalent to the current offerings) or a voucher for a free premium drink each visit and/or discount the bar prices for people with paid memberships.
I'm just as much a paying SkyClub customer with my DL Amex Reserve as I was when I was paying yearly SC dues. You really want to cut costs by getting rid of club freeloaders? Stop providing complimentary access to DMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.