Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

You wouldn't believe how many calls we've had!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You wouldn't believe how many calls we've had!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by DawgInCo
Has anyone experienced a K or H fare ticket that shows as 'upgrade not eligible' even when the 'Request Upgrade' box is checked when searching? This is an enhancement that i'm not okay with.
I've only seen that when the aircraft had no F to upgrade to.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Preisdents Club, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sethb
I've only seen that when the aircraft had no F to upgrade to.
agreed..these are DEN-ATL 757's and ATL-ORD DC-9's..both show F availability. The strange part is that it worked yesterday afternoon, but now it's not. I guess it's time to give the desk a call.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Apple computers.
but.. but... they're so awesome!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta Silver; 0.75MM: AA; Alaska; Southwest
"it's just prioritizing glitz over functionality"

This.

The website is so slow it's frustrating. It works somewhat but not very efficiently. On my laptop it's OK but clunky, on my ipad things are layered on top of each other and it takes several tries just to get my password into the password box. By then I'm already annoyed. The new website has definitely made me less motivated to spend time just browsing for flights that I might be interested in.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Geogirl1234
"it's just prioritizing glitz over functionality"

This.

The website is so slow it's frustrating. It works somewhat but not very efficiently. On my laptop it's OK but clunky, on my ipad things are layered on top of each other and it takes several tries just to get my password into the password box. By then I'm already annoyed. The new website has definitely made me less motivated to spend time just browsing for flights that I might be interested in.
I'm not even sure I'd call it glitz. How I'd phrase it is that DL is really not unlike Starbucks. Starbucks has lost its mind and doesn't know whether it's a coffeehouse, bookstore, or record label anymore. Similarly, DL seems to be building an all-purpose eCommerce platform to sell you anything under the sun, while ignoring problems with the website related to its core business. The website is a solution looking for a problem.

Last edited by javabytes; Jan 10, 2013 at 3:27 pm
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion
Here is a crazy situation with Macs. I can log in on my two Imac desktops and do everything I want. I can not log in on my MacBook Pro regardless of where I am; whether at home, in a Internet cafe; at the office, etc. I get a "bad server request" message if I try to execute a command. Or I end up trying (on the laptop) to repeatedly enter my SkyMiles Number (I am a Platinum Medallion Member) and my Password or Code and my last name and nothing happens.

By way of clarification, both iMacs are on the same servers (one at home and one at work) as when I try to use the MacBook Pro...so I get to sign on successfully with the other Macs.

I've even tried reinstalling Safari and get the same thing on the laptop and even cleared my cache and passwords that were in storage.

I called the Tech Support line at Delta.com and they were dumbfounded.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by reef58
... I guess some folks here have such lives where something such as not being able to look at your ticket online causes them to go into meltdown.
I think this is a legitimate gripe, maybe not calling for a meltdown, but we have been able to book tickets online for going on 20 years now. Having to call in to do something as mundane as book a ticket, change a seat or do anything else can get irritating after a while.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
The OP should realize that customer services reps often pick up on the tone and attitude of their callers and sympathize to make the call easier.... they might not agree at all or they may agree a little BUT its all about being a good agent.

Most intelligent callers would pick up on that.....

BTW - been a MAC user for about 18 months and I was a huge windows OS guy and right now you could only get me to go back to windows kicking and screaming.... the mac OS and iOS ecosystem is so darn easy to use.

Thats said windows 8 may be a winner. I like what I've seen so far.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by grahampros
Few websites are optimized for Safari since it's a relatively small percentage. Now does that let DL off the hook by no means. The far bigger issues are the booking issues they have been having and poor integration with the res system. Cant get that right you have serious issues on your hands.
That's not quite true. Safari uses the Webkit Webcore render engine. WebKit Webcore is used in Safari (MacOS, iOS), Google Chrome (Mac, Windows, Android), BlackBerry, Palm, Symbian, etc. The represents the majority of Mobile devices and a good chunk of the PC traffic as well. Any company with a real web presence will test against 2-3 webkit webcore devices.

Though given the hit or miss problems people are having I think the problem was a bit more involved than just a simple browser compatibility issue.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL 5MM/PM/FC, UA Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Life Plat, HLT Gold, Club Carlson Concierge
same here

And the upg wait list is never right. Last Sunday I was #9 on delta.com and #1 on my delta iPhone app. Fortunately the mobile app was right.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer
Thats said windows 8 may be a winner. I like what I've seen so far.
Windows 8 is a bigger flop than Vista... if there's anything that would get me to ditch Windows 100% and switch exclusively to Mac, it's a Windows 9 that's not any better... but there's a thread for that: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ndows-8-a.html
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Bob Kupbens Vice-President, eCommerce, for Delta.

Bob (1) "it's not working like we want"; (2) "we know it"; and (3) "we're working on it".

Oh. Wait. Those were his comments back in October 2010 regarding the Award booking engine on DL.dum
Originally Posted by Deadtail
Theresa Wise is from NWA, and proves time and time again that she should be kept far far away from product roll outs.
Deadtail: you should know better. See the above post. Ms. Wise is not in charge of the website. She's in charge of things we don't see, things that are bringing PMDL into the current century. She is testing & training staff on new things (ie: reservations system) that will eventually help both agents and customers do a lot of new things, including fare based awards and a much smarter award/paid booking engine. Marketing has taken over the website.

Meanwhile, Bob appears to put glitz and quick bucks up-selling features above a tested, functional, feature-rich website rather than preparing the delta.dumb to take advantage of the upcoming features DL's IT/reservation/CRM systems will enable it to do. Mix in the SkyPeso team's reluctance to detail policies & program features on the website and we have delta.dumb. I wish Richard was as frustrated as us customers with the Delta web experience, especially knowing his familiarity with how good nwa.com was
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:47 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
She's in charge of things we don't see, <snip> <snip> including fare based awards
Are you opening a whole new can of worms here?!?!?!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
Are you opening a whole new can of worms here?!?!?!
Nope. There is a dedicated thread for discussion of fare based awards.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by OnTimePlease

....This model seems to be pushed by graphics designers. They make things look pretty (or at least their perception of pretty) but comments about not finding what you want are truly telling.
Originally Posted by Geogirl1234

The website is so slow it's frustrating. It works somewhat but not very efficiently. ...things are layered on top of each other and it takes several tries just to get my password into the password box. By then I'm already annoyed. The new website has definitely made me less motivated to spend time just browsing for flights that I might be interested in.
Originally Posted by javabytes
.... DL seems to be building an all-purpose eCommerce platform to sell you anything under the sun, while ignoring problems with the website related to its core business....
All of the above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.