Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 16, 16, 2:25 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Wiki Link
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241,
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jan 15, 14, 7:03 am
  #1186  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: DTW
Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Posts: 674
Originally Posted by mooper View Post
If I was seated in front of her, that would be precisely my approach. I'd wait until all is quiet, then slam my seat back as hard as possible (hoping it's broken and reclines too far). Shouting "What IS that smell?" at the exact same time would add to the humor, getting people to turn and look at her new yoga move.
Damn, I just shot coffee all over my desk.

I think if I witnessed that actually happen, I wouldn't be able to stop laughing the whole trip.
Ledfish is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 14, 7:12 am
  #1187  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: LHR
Programs: DL DM 1MM, AA Plat
Posts: 10,157
Originally Posted by mooper View Post
If I was seated in front of her, that would be precisely my approach. I'd wait until all is quiet, then slam my seat back as hard as possible (hoping it's broken and reclines too far). Shouting "What IS that smell?" at the exact same time would add to the humor, getting people to turn and look at her new yoga move.
Wouldn't politely asking her to take her feet/legs down first be somewhat more effective as opposed to just starting out as a jerk?

I don't agree with what she's doing, but getting nasty with others rarely gets people very far.
rwoman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 14, 7:16 am
  #1188  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Posts: 2,397
Originally Posted by rwoman View Post
Wouldn't politely asking her to take her feet/legs down first be somewhat more effective as opposed to just starting out as a jerk?

I don't agree with what she's doing, but getting nasty with others rarely gets people very far.
That would be the ideal approach of course, but sometimes it's difficult to be rational when someone is doing something so strange and outside the bounds of acceptable conduct
KevinDTW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 14, 9:25 am
  #1189  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CHA, MAN;
Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Posts: 11,028
Originally Posted by rwoman View Post
Wouldn't politely asking her to take her feet/legs down first be somewhat more effective as opposed to just starting out as a jerk?

I don't agree with what she's doing, but getting nasty with others rarely gets people very far.
That would be my approach too.
GRALISTAIR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 14, 1:49 pm
  #1190  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: BZN
Programs: AA:Lifetime Plat DL:Lifetime Silver UA:1P MAR:Lifetime Tit
Posts: 8,287
Originally Posted by rwoman View Post
Wouldn't politely asking her to take her feet/legs down first be somewhat more effective as opposed to just starting out as a jerk?

I don't agree with what she's doing, but getting nasty with others rarely gets people very far.
If someone trips and accidentally spills coffee on me, I'd never yell. I'd be focused on not making them feel badly about their slip. But if someone pours coffee on me on purpose, I always hit back twice as hard. If you don't, you'll always get stepped on. It's not about revenge - it's about being practical.

In this case, *she* is being nasty and outrageous, and not by accident. It's not like she's subtly invading space, and you can bet she does it all the time. If reclining hard and asking publicly what the smell is pisses her off - then good. I'm pretty sure she won't dare try it again to me nor anyone else for the rest of her traveling career. Problem solved.

* I should note that if she saw me returning to my seat and hurried to remove her feet from my head space before I sat down, then I'd handle it more akin to the way you suggested, albeit a bit more snidely. It would take her leaving her feet by my ears after I was seated to do what I posed earlier.
mooper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 14, 1:57 pm
  #1191  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Posts: 2,397
Originally Posted by mooper View Post
If someone trips and accidentally spills coffee on me, I'd never yell. I'd be focused on not making them feel badly about their slip. But if someone pours coffee on me on purpose, I always hit back twice as hard. If you don't, you'll always get stepped on. It's not about revenge - it's about being practical.

In this case, *she* is being nasty and outrageous, and not by accident. It's not like she's subtly invading space, and you can bet she does it all the time. If reclining hard and asking publicly what the smell is pisses her off - then good. I'm pretty sure she won't dare try it again to me nor anyone else for the rest of her traveling career. Problem solved.

* I should note that if she saw me returning to my seat and hurried to remove her feet from my head space before I sat down, then I'd handle it more akin to the way you suggested, albeit a bit more snidely. It would take her leaving her feet by my ears after I was seated to do what I posed earlier.
+1 to everything in this post.
KevinDTW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 14, 2:03 pm
  #1192  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MCO
Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, RC/MR/SPG Plat, HHonors Gold
Posts: 6,041
Why would one even do this? It cannot possibly be comfortable...
cmd320 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 14, 3:41 pm
  #1193  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SLC
Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Posts: 5,795
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
Why would one even do this? It cannot possibly be comfortable...
Never heard of a flying circus before?
Howste is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 14, 10:17 pm
  #1194  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PVU, SLC
Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Posts: 1,652
Not on DL, but even Richard Nixon does it!

A buddy sent me a link to an interactive history of Aviation produced by UK news outlet The Guardian. It's really interesting, and as an aviation geek, I loved it, capturing the progression of ticket sales, aircraft production, and innovation over the past century.

brocklee9000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 14, 10:26 pm
  #1195  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/FAY)
Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 29,285
I'm pretty sure one of the unwritten benefits of being President is being allowed to put up your feet wherever and whenever you want
CMK10 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 14, 10:40 pm
  #1196  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: BZN
Programs: AA:Lifetime Plat DL:Lifetime Silver UA:1P MAR:Lifetime Tit
Posts: 8,287
Originally Posted by brocklee9000 View Post
Not on DL, but even Richard Nixon does it!
At least he's not barefooted.
mooper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 14, 10:42 pm
  #1197  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ATL/PDK/LZU
Programs: DL KM, GlobalEntry, TSA Pre✓, CLEAR, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,845
Originally Posted by brocklee9000 View Post
Not on DL, but even Richard Nixon does it!

A buddy sent me a link to an interactive history of Aviation produced by UK news outlet The Guardian. It's really interesting, and as an aviation geek, I loved it, capturing the progression of ticket sales, aircraft production, and innovation over the past century.


Also, pretty interesting interactive.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who struggles with multiple-tab syndrome.


Last edited by sky303; Jan 24, 14 at 10:06 am
sky303 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 14, 10:46 pm
  #1198  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SLC
Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Posts: 5,795
Is that toilet paper hanging down from his shoe?

Yes, I know it's just light shining in from the window, but it's funnier to take it the wrong way...
Howste is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 14, 9:44 am
  #1199  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 100
Originally Posted by sky303 View Post


Also, pretty interesting interactive.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who struggles with multiple-tap syndrome.
Multi-tap syndrome? Please elaborate, on that as well as connection to the image you posted.

Originally Posted by Howste View Post
Is that toilet paper hanging down from his shoe?

Yes, I know it's just light shining in from the window, but it's funnier to take it the wrong way...
Had to take a second look myself, but just awkwardly captured sunlight. If it was TP, just think of all the possible captions you could have...

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 13, 17 at 12:47 pm Reason: Consolidation.
uclalum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 14, 9:53 am
  #1200  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PVU, SLC
Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Posts: 1,652
Originally Posted by uclalum View Post
Multi-tap syndrome? Please elaborate, on that as well as connection to the image you posted.
sky303 meant "tab", as is evidenced by two browser windows with about a dozen and a half tabs open in each window. Same as me. I always have a ton of tabs open.
brocklee9000 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread