Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I have seen SC staff ask guests to remove feet from tables. I've never seen a FA ask someone to remove feet from bulkheads. So I guess we know Delta's stance on feet?

[ETA I'm pretty much always happy when staff ask for this sort of respect and/or enforce rules - not sure the feet on table is a SC "rule" but it sure as heck should be enforced. IMO]
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I have seen SC staff ask guests to remove feet from tables. I've never seen a FA ask someone to remove feet from bulkheads. So I guess we know Delta's stance on feet?

[ETA I'm pretty much always happy when staff ask for this sort of respect and/or enforce rules - not sure the feet on table is a SC "rule" but it sure as heck should be enforced. IMO]
I looked in the house rules and it’s not in there. I am guessing that it’s simply a matter of frequency, hence more opportunities to ask for correction. I can see feet on tables in almost any club on any given day but it took 900K miles before I got one on the bulkhead but YMMV.

The foot on the SC coffee table was not accepted for the Passenger Shaming IG feed. I’m sad.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I have a vague memory that the DTW A (center) SC has a sign not to put feet up on tables or chairs? But alas no photographic proof.....
tentseller likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bergamini
Ironically, on the 17:30 ORD>LGA shuttle and we’ve got this. IDK if it’s worse than bare feet on the bulkhead or not because of all this debate.
​​​​​​I was on a flight where, before takeoff, the Captain came out of the cockpit, saw a guy like this sitting in his fantasy LazyBoy and said "Sir, this is our workplace. Do I come to your office, sit down and put my feet up on your wall? I'd appreciate it if you'd afford my office the same respect."
A bit overweening ? Perhaps. But as that guy's rowmate, I was happy he put his feet back on the floor. There's something distasteful about sitting next to a guy lifting his anus up for some air.

Last edited by rickg523; Oct 18, 2017 at 10:59 am
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I have a vague memory that the DTW A (center) SC has a sign not to put feet up on tables or chairs? But alas no photographic proof.....
IIRC you are right
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
A great role model for her daughter

Name:  20171018_200937.jpg
Views: 2665
Size:  569.2 KBTonight on PBI-ATL we were delayed about an hour. After landing in ATL we were taxiing from the runway to the gate and a woman and her young daughter walked up the aisle and proceeded to squat down in the aisle by C+. At first I thought they would get away with it, but then the FA in the back called the FA in the front, and the latter announced that all pax had to be seated or the captain would stop the plane. The woman then sat down in the aisle. Several of us loudly told her to get in her seat, so she turned to a man with great vitriol and said "I don't need any information from you, sir!" and stayed put. The FA then came forward and stood over her and told her to return to her seat. She wouldn't budge and said she had a connection in 8 minutes. (We were told we were going into Concourse E - good luck getting anywhere in 8 min.)

The plane continued to taxi but the FA eventually announced that the captain was stopping short of the gate and would stay put until the pax returned to their seats. There was an immediate uproar (as many pax were missing connections) directed at the mother telling her to get back to her seat. One pax murmured under his breath "Bit**" and the woman whipped around, almost hitting another pax in the head w/ a backpack and asked "what did you just call me in front of my daughter?" then stomped off and left her ~6 yo daughter standing in the aisle.

After deplaning, the woman then commandeered a wheelchair on the jetway and rolled her daughter on it up the ramp and out down the concourse. Amazing!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:06 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie
Attachment 42023Tonight on PBI-ATL we were delayed about an hour. After landing in ATL we were taxiing from the runway to the gate and a woman and her young daughter walked up the aisle and proceeded to squat down in the aisle by C+. At first I thought they would get away with it, but then the FA in the back called the FA in the front, and the latter announced that all pax had to be seated or the captain would stop the plane. The woman then sat down in the aisle. Several of us loudly told her to get in her seat, so she turned to a man with great vitriol and said "I don't need any information from you, sir!" and stayed put. The FA then came forward and stood over her and told her to return to her seat. She wouldn't budge and said she had a connection in 8 minutes. (We were told we were going into Concourse E - good luck getting anywhere in 8 min.)

The plane continued to taxi but the FA eventually announced that the captain was stopping short of the gate and would stay put until the pax returned to their seats. There was an immediate uproar (as many pax were missing connections) directed at the mother telling her to get back to her seat. One pax murmured under his breath "Bit**" and the woman whipped around, almost hitting another pax in the head w/ a backpack and asked "what did you just call me in front of my daughter?" then stomped off and left her ~6 yo daughter standing in the aisle.

After deplaning, the woman then commandeered a wheelchair on the jetway and rolled her daughter on it up the ramp and out down the concourse. Amazing!
Unreal, what a horrible example to set for her daughter.

Behavior like this really should result in blacklisting, at least for a few years.

Great story though! And the picture is perfect!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by C W
Great story though! And the picture is perfect!
Unfortunately I only snapped a picture but the argument happened right in front of me and I just wish I had it on video.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
What's sad is if a video of this made the rounds in the media, it would still somehow be the evil airlines' fault for not parking planes at adjacent gates, and making people run for tight connections, and having "pointless" safety rules, etc. Also, here's a link to the story of Dr. Dao because it was on an airplane therefore related.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:16 pm

You’re right. I almost vomited when I saw it yesterday. It really took all of this reinforcement of it to bring it home. But you’re still not getting that the context of the shined was in a discussion of the visual effect. But again doesn’t fit your narrative of coming in here and telling me like it is so I’m gonna have to let it go.
Is there any chance of the two of you dropping this little pi55ing match anytime soon?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Is there any chance of the two of you dropping this little pi55ing match anytime soon?
I think we went like 8 posts without discussing it, so you may have officially resurrected it? Are you under the impression that comments like this help a situation that was clearly dying down?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:37 pm

I think we went like 8 posts without discussing it, so you may have officially resurrected it? Are you under the impression that comments like this help a situation that was clearly dying down?
So, that's a "no" then?
BadgerBoi likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:41 pm

So, that's a "no" then?
It dies and then someone feels compelled to tell it like it is and prove their dominance. Our world's are so enriched when it happens.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:01 am

So, that's a "no" then?
ever heard of 'poking the bear...'
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by scottsam66
Feet on a coffee table are disgusting. Full stop.
BTW: Even if the shoes are shiny. Still vile.
^

If you look at the other persons in the photo, with the wine bucket, they are not placing their feet on the coffee table. This could be because they are using the coffee table for its intended purpose and don't want shoes where their glasses are. The person using the coffee table as a foot rest does not appear to have a drink. Therefore, given the absence of food drink, the person is inclined to use the coffee table not for its intended purpose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.