Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by C W
Unreal, what a horrible example to set for her daughter.

Behavior like this really should result in blacklisting, at least for a few years.

Great story though! And the picture is perfect!
When I lived in Southern Italy, this type of behavior happened from time to time. People there seemed to take the landing or exiting the runway to mean that you could get up and start to unpack the overhead bins. BA FAs were usually the most incredulous but LH FAs had stern reprimands too.

Mommy dearest would fit right in!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
^

If you look at the other persons in the photo, with the wine bucket, they are not placing their feet on the coffee table. This could be because they are using the coffee table for its intended purpose and don't want shoes where their glasses are. The person using the coffee table as a foot rest does not appear to have a drink. Therefore, given the absence of food drink, the person is inclined to use the coffee table not for its intended purpose.
In separate posts I have called it a “mistake” and “my error”. What did you intend to gain by this post? Our arguments are not mutually exclusively. You know what else I noticed in the picture? Nobody was appalled and disgusted as the ~ 3-4 of you are. I am not stating that it is the best behavior. I am not stating it is the cleanest behavior. I don’t know if it’s more or less germy than a bare foot on a bulkhead. My point continues to be that it is more socially acceptable to have feet on a coffee table than bare on a bulkhead. It’s a reasonable argument even if you disagree, and I’ve proven by my rejection from Passenger Shaming and the easiness of finding “offenders” that it most clearly is more common and acceptable even if it’s improper.

I don’t know what your goal is. Incite a discussion that was dying down? Get the thread closed? Try to prove that entirely mutually exclusive arguments arent? I’m not sure. I’m not disagreeing with you that it’s not ideal behavior. I am stating that it’s more common and acceptable even if wrong. What about that do you disagree?

It’s also possible that DL is using Paula Deen furniture in their lounges. They’re both from GA right? In that case if they bought from this line then I was actually doing intended behavior. I jest but I’m pretty sure there’s not a line of bulkheads designed for bare feet. This, wait for it, it would seem one is more socially acceptable than the other.

I will reply every time someone makes personally judgmental comments about me and behavior I admitted was a mistake, or if they can’t comprehend that socially acceptable and clean are very different things.

ETA: She had a glass of wine that alternated between her hand and the table. Your surmise was wrong
Attached Images  

Last edited by bergamini; Oct 19, 2017 at 11:38 am
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
This thread continues to amaze me.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by CrazyEddie
My working hypothesis is that so few people on FT actually admit to any type of mistakes that now that I have, its a chance for people to come in and be a hero to the FT world by telling me how vile and disgusting my behavior was. The inability to understand context, mutual exclusivity or discuss multi dimensional aspects of behavior is what puzzles me.
chenalex likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:59 am

This is a test
Weean likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by bergamini
In separate posts I have called it a “mistake” and “my error”. What did you intend to gain by this post? Our arguments are not mutually exclusively. You know what else I noticed in the picture? Nobody was appalled and disgusted as the ~ 3-4 of you are. I am not stating that it is the best behavior. I am not stating it is the cleanest behavior. I don’t know if it’s more or less germy than a bare foot on a bulkhead. My point continues to be that it is more socially acceptable to have feet on a coffee table than bare on a bulkhead. It’s a reasonable argument even if you disagree, and I’ve proven by my rejection from Passenger Shaming and the easiness of finding “offenders” that it most clearly is more common and acceptable even if it’s improper.

I don’t know what your goal is. Incite a discussion that was dying down? Get the thread closed? Try to prove that entirely mutually exclusive arguments arent? I’m not sure. I’m not disagreeing with you that it’s not ideal behavior. I am stating that it’s more common and acceptable even if wrong. What about that do you disagree?

It’s also possible that DL is using Paula Deen furniture in their lounges. They’re both from GA right? In that case if they bought from this line then I was actually doing intended behavior. I jest but I’m pretty sure there’s not a line of bulkheads designed for bare feet. This, wait for it, it would seem one is more socially acceptable than the other.

I will reply every time someone makes personally judgmental comments about me and behavior I admitted was a mistake, or if they can’t comprehend that socially acceptable and clean are very different things.

ETA: She had a glass of wine that alternated between her hand and the table. Your surmise was wrong
You pick Paula Dean,as your arbiter of good taste???? Really? Laughable. Sure, be like Paula.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, 2+MM, AA Gold 1+MM, HH Diamond, MHG Silver,
Just when you think we can't go any lower......
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by lov2fly
Challenge?
Attached Images  
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rickg523
​​​​​​I was on a flight where, before takeoff, the Captain came out of the cockpit, saw a guy like this sitting in his fantasy LazyBoy and said "Sir, this is our workplace. Do I come to your office, sit down and put my feet up on your wall? I'd appreciate it if you'd afford my office the same respect."
A bit overweening ? Perhaps. But as that guy's rowmate, I was happy he put his feet back on the floor. There's something distasteful about sitting next to a guy lifting his anus up for some air.

I witnessed a similar event on a train in AMS. We were stopped at a station and 2 guys had their feet on the wall in front of them. A conductor walking down the platform boarded and basically said the same thing as your pilot.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by lov2fly
Lower implies morally suspect. I would argue we (I) couldn't get much more tedious. But I definitely can get lower.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Formerly UA 1P/Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bergamini
Since I posted the bare feet on bulkhead photo, may I share a thought: it's not a question of whether bare feet on bulkhead is better/worse or more/less sanitary than shoes on a coffee table. The principle is this: when in a place that is not your home (someone else's home, or in public), one should be considerate of others. Would you put your feet on the coffee table in someone else's home? Or your bare feet on their wall while sitting in a chair? I hope we would agree that is not acceptable behavior.

In your own home, do as you please. If not in your own home, act as an invited guest.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by pauly_long
Since I posted the bare feet on bulkhead photo, may I share a thought: it's not a question of whether bare feet on bulkhead is better/worse or more/less sanitary than shoes on a coffee table. The principle is this: when in a place that is not your home (someone else's home, or in public), one should be considerate of others. Would you put your feet on the coffee table in someone else's home? Or your bare feet on their wall while sitting in a chair? I hope we would agree that is not acceptable behavior.

In your own home, do as you please. If not in your own home, act as an invited guest.
I have already admitted it was a mistake. That's why lecture #47 is frustrating.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:45 pm

Let's just get everyone in one line to tell me how bad it was and get it over with. Kinda like the get ahold of your self scene in Airplane. Maybe she put her feet on a coffee table too.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
For the love of god, make it stop! New topic please.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:55 am

This is a test
Aaaannndd it failed.....
CrazyEddie likes this.

Last edited by jeet; Oct 20, 2017 at 7:24 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.