Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by bergamini
You are completely right. I am sure more people would agree that putting bare feet on a bulkhead is more socially acceptable (my original argument) than clean shoes on a coffee table. There’s no way to catch athletes foot from bare feet. My freshly shined shoes are a health hazard. You did not unnecessarily interject in a quick interaction that was originally just between two of us in a haha way. I am thin skinned because I posted in here how awful it was that that club dragon asked me to remove my feet.

Now that I've agreed with you, will you stop posting?
DUDE, stop it. You don't shine the bottoms of your shoes. Putting shiny shoes on a coffee table is slovenly. Period.

Can you please direct me to a quote where I talked about my freshly shined shoes as being cleaner than bare feet? I wish you could understand context and timing. The shined comment was after someone said the picture would essentially not have been as effective if the shoes were grungier. That’s when I brought up my my freshly shined shoes (Eccos, I’m old). You are taking what I said and construing it out of order to bolster an argument that it was appropriate and needed for you to comment on my feet in a SC when the thread in which that is actually discussed is not even this one. I’m gonna lose this one because of your inability understand context and order. I may need to accept this.
You've made several comments comparing your shiny shoes on a table to "naked" feet on a bulkhead. Unreal, you state things that a cursory stroll through this thread can be proven to be wrong. DJT?

LOL, I don't get sitting backwards in the seat at all. It would be so uncomfortable.

But thank God she wasn't wearing freshly shined shoes.
But that's shiny nail polish!

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 13, 2017 at 12:08 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by scottsam66
DUDE, stop it. You don't shine the bottoms of your shoes. Putting shiny shoes on a coffee table is slovenly. Period.

You've made several comments comparing your shiny shoes on a table to "naked" feet on a bulkhead. Unreal, you state things that a cursory stroll through this thread can be proven to be wrong. DJT?

But that's shiny nail polish!
I wish people could understand context better. Beyond athletes foot, my comparisons have been about what is more social acceptable — a shoe on a coffee table or a bare foot on a bulkhead. That context was created when another poster said my picture of the presidents with their feet on tables would have been less efffective if the shoes were disheveled. I said well that wasn’t the case with me, mine were freshly shined, thus not disheveled. That’s how that context was created. Period. End of story.

Me: It’s more socially acceptable to have you’re feet in shoes on a coffee table than bare feet on a bulkhead.
FT: They are equally disgusting you’re wrong that it’s cleaner. Shining your shoes doesn’t get rid of the excrement on the bottom of them.
Me: That’s not what I said. I said it’s more socially acceptable.
FT: Dude/Bro just stop. You’ve posted all over where your shined shoes are cleaner than her feet.
Me: OK, please post that directly quoted.
<Silence>

My argument from the beginning has been that it’s more socially acceptable. If you disagree with that then we don’t have much to talk about. Imagine the pics of 43 and 44 had been with their naked feet on the bulkhead of AF1. Would that have caused more uproar than on a White House coffee table? I think so. Hence, more socially acceptable.

I also find it interesting that I have been accused of being thin skinned and taking it too personally and yet separate posters have called me a DYKWIA and compared me to the current president because of allegedly similar denial behavior. And I’m the one with thin skin!

Last edited by bergamini; Oct 13, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
My feet aren't naked when they are on the coffee table! I don't want athlete's foot spreading around the plane. But good catch
I don't think being spiteful qualifies as DYKWIA -- and I didn't use my status, job or wealth (of which I don't have anyway). There's no pictures on passenger shaming with people who have their clean shoe feet on a coffee table and there are a lot with bare feet on a bulkhead, so right or wrong those are the social mores. There are also a lot of pictures of 3 of our 4 last presidents with their feet on a coffee table, so to some extent it is socially acceptable although I admit not ideal behavior. Howste had a good point, anything after that is just piling it on to pile on and prove superiority for reasons unknown to me. There is a definite difference in the acceptability of a clean shoe foot on a coffee table versus a bare foot on a bulkhead. If you've ever gotten athlete's foot from the gym you will understand why.

Although if people want, I will take a picture of my shoes on a coffee table and share it so they can distribute it to the passenger shaming and disgusting acts threads / groups and see how much traction it gets.
I wish people could understand context better. Beyond athletes foot, my comparisons have been about what is more social acceptable — a shoe on a coffee table or a bare foot on a bulkhead. That context was created when another poster said my picture of the presidents with their feet on tables would have been less efffective if the shoes were disheveled. I said well that wasn’t the case with me, mine were freshly shined, thus not disheveled. That’s how that context was created. Period. End of story.

Me: It’s more socially acceptable to have you’re feet in shoes on a coffee table than bare feet on a bulkhead.
FT: They are equally disgusting you’re wrong that it’s cleaner. Shining your shoes doesn’t get rid of the excrement on the bottom of them.
Me: That’s not what I said. I said it’s more socially acceptable.
FT: Dude/Bro just stop. You’ve posted all over where your shined shoes are cleaner than her feet.
Me: OK, please post that directly quoted.
<Silence>

My argument from the beginning has been that it’s more socially acceptable. If you disagree with that then we don’t have much to talk about. Imagine the pics of 43 and 44 had been with their naked feet on the bulkhead of AF1. Would that have caused more uproar than on a White House coffee table? I think so. Hence, more socially acceptable.

I also find it interesting that I have been accused of being thin skinned and taking it too personally and yet separate posters have called me a DYKWIA and compared me to the current president because of allegedly similar denial behavior. And I’m the one with thin skin!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:21 pm

Thank you for proving my point. I speak of “social mores” and what’s socially acceptable. I make no statements about which is cleaner. Why is it so hard to understand that what’s more socially acceptable can very well be different from what’s cleaner? I really have no idea what’s cleaner but I do know you are more likely to get athletes foot from bare feet than ones in shoes. That’s all I’ve ever claimed and your direct quotes exactly supports that. Thank you kind Sir.

What’s also missed from all the piling on me is that I admitted that it was a mistake to put my feet on said coffee table. My entire arguments the whole time have been less of a risk of athletes foot and more socially acceptable. That’s it. That’s what’s been it. But that doesn’t fit everyone’s narrative where they get to judge me for things I haven’t said.

Last edited by bergamini; Oct 13, 2017 at 4:02 pm
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:33 pm

Ironically, on the 17:30 ORD>LGA shuttle and we’ve got this. IDK if it’s worse than bare feet on the bulkhead or not because of all this debate.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:05 pm

Tbh, I don't really have a horse in this race, but if forced to choose I'd say feet (bare, socked, or shoed) on a bulkhead would bother me less than the same on any sort of food-friendly surface. Feet in any form don't belong on any surface that where I might place my napkin before wiping my mouth. I don't mean they belong on the bulkhead - that's clearly not entirely appropriate in public either - but at least then I'm unlikely to actually come in contact with the gross.
bergamini likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
Tbh, I don't really have a horse in this race, but if forced to choose I'd say feet (bare, socked, or shoed) on a bulkhead would bother me less than the same on any sort of food-friendly surface. Feet in any form don't belong on any surface that where I might place my napkin before wiping my mouth. I don't mean they belong on the bulkhead - that's clearly not entirely appropriate in public either - but at least then I'm unlikely to actually come in contact with the gross.
And that's how you disagree with someone (me) without being disagreeable.

Or calling them "bro" or "dude" and telling them to "stop" or calling them a DYKWIA.

From a germ standpoint, I see your point. I think the feet on the coffee table is more common still (and more likely to slip up and do, like I did -- and boy have they made me pay).
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
And that's how you disagree with someone (me) without being disagreeable.

Or calling them "bro" or "dude" and telling them to "stop" or calling them a DYKWIA.

From a germ standpoint, I see your point. I think the feet on the coffee table is more common still (and more likely to slip up and do, like I did -- and boy have they made me pay).
I was so ready to make light of the back and forth with something about his lame shine job, but I guess you still can't let it go, bro? I'm ready to bury the hatchet, still
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by CrazyEddie
I was so ready to make light of the back and forth with something about his lame shine job, but I guess you still can't let it go, bro? I'm ready to bury the hatchet, still
IDK what that means, bro. But using words to explain what's more socially acceptable isn't all that distressing to me so I don't have a hatchet and there's isn't much of which to let go. I am not the one calling names and degrading others.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP
Ironically, on the 17:30 ORD>LGA shuttle and we’ve got this. IDK if it’s worse than bare feet on the bulkhead or not because of all this debate.
To be fair, none of the photos truly gross me out. Feeling gross is an involuntary reaction that one is born with and I was born with one that has a very high threshold.

That being said I am adamantly AGAINST feet on bulkhead/armrest/seatback period regardless whether it's bare feet or with shoes + socks. The only place you can put your feet up on is a footrest and none of these places are meant to be your footrest.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I think it's fair to say that (Shoed) feet on the bulkhead is possibly acceptable, but definitely not disgusting behavior. Even socked feet too. However bare dogs on the bulkhead is nasty.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:36 pm

Flagship SkyClub at JFK and a woman has her feet on the coffee table. We’ve established this is worse than the bulkhead so I’m going to FB to post it on passenger shaming there. We’ll see how it goes!
Attached Images  
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:42 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Flagship SkyClub at JFK and a woman has her feet on the coffee table. We’ve established this is worse than the bulkhead so I’m going to FB to post it on passenger shaming there. We’ll see how it goes!
I see her roller is sitting there, I guess she didn’t want to rest her feet on her own item as they were too dirty.
CrazyEddie and CHOPCHOP767 like this.

Last edited by Tomphot; Oct 17, 2017 at 7:35 pm
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:44 am

IDK what that means, bro. But using words to explain what's more socially acceptable isn't all that distressing to me so I don't have a hatchet and there's isn't much of which to let go. I am not the one calling names and degrading others.
Feet on a coffee table are disgusting. Full stop.
BTW: Even if the shoes are shiny. Still vile.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by scottsam66
Feet on a coffee table are disgusting. Full stop.
BTW: Even if the shoes are shiny. Still vile.
You’re right. I almost vomited when I saw it yesterday. It really took all of this reinforcement of it to bring it home. But you’re still not getting that the context of the shined was in a discussion of the visual effect. But again doesn’t fit your narrative of coming in here and telling me like it is so I’m gonna have to let it go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.