Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
[QUOTE=bergamini;28924004]..... There is a definite difference in the acceptability of a clean shoe foot on a coffee table versus a bare foot on a bulkhead. /QUOTE]

What if the wearer of that clean shoe just walked off a plane, and used the airplane bathroom while in flight? Do you still think it's a clean shoe?

Last edited by CarmenOM; Oct 12, 2017 at 9:40 am
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Ok - DYKWIA-ish

Originally Posted by bergamini
I don't think being spiteful qualifies as DYKWIA -- and I didn't use my status, job or wealth (of which I don't have anyway). There's no pictures on passenger shaming with people who have their clean shoe feet on a coffee table and there are a lot with bare feet on a bulkhead, so right or wrong those are the social mores. There are also a lot of pictures of 3 of our 4 last presidents with their feet on a coffee table, so to some extent it is socially acceptable although I admit not ideal behavior. Howste had a good point, anything after that is just piling it on to pile on and prove superiority for reasons unknown to me. There is a definite difference in the acceptability of a clean shoe foot on a coffee table versus a bare foot on a bulkhead. If you've ever gotten athlete's foot from the gym you will understand why.

Although if people want, I will take a picture of my shoes on a coffee table and share it so they can distribute it to the passenger shaming and disgusting acts threads / groups and see how much traction it gets.
I think it is offzputting to put bare feet on the bulkhead, but how can you get athlete's foot from the bulkhead unless you also put your bare feet there?

I'm not sure the Presidents' actions in what is basically their home makes for acceptable behavior in public.

Assuming you wear your shoes to the bathroom, I agree with ChopChop that you should keep your feet off a table in the Sky Club.
chynaS likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie
I think it is offzputting to put bare feet on the bulkhead, but how can you get athlete's foot from the bulkhead unless you also put your bare feet there?

I'm not sure the Presidents' actions in what is basically their home makes for acceptable behavior in public.

Assuming you wear your shoes to the bathroom, I agree with ChopChop that you should keep your feet off a table in the Sky Club.
I have already admitted that I don't think it's optimal behavior but what I don't need/want/ask for is everyone to share why it's wrong. My mistake for sharing anything where I was at fault on FT - the faultless trolls with oodles of stories where they were perfect and won every travel duel are ready to pounce
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:59 am

I don't think being spiteful qualifies as DYKWIA -- and I didn't use my status, job or wealth (of which I don't have anyway). There's no pictures on passenger shaming with people who have their clean shoe feet on a coffee table and there are a lot with bare feet on a bulkhead, so right or wrong those are the social mores. There are also a lot of pictures of 3 of our 4 last presidents with their feet on a coffee table, so to some extent it is socially acceptable although I admit not ideal behavior. Howste had a good point, anything after that is just piling it on to pile on and prove superiority for reasons unknown to me. There is a definite difference in the acceptability of a clean shoe foot on a coffee table versus a bare foot on a bulkhead. If you've ever gotten athlete's foot from the gym you will understand why.

Although if people want, I will take a picture of my shoes on a coffee table and share it so they can distribute it to the passenger shaming and disgusting acts threads / groups and see how much traction it gets.
I have already admitted that I don't think it's optimal behavior but what I don't need/want/ask for is everyone to share why it's wrong. My mistake for sharing anything where I was at fault on FT - the faultless trolls with oodles of stories where they were perfect and won every travel duel are ready to pounce
OK. I would not have responded but for your "thanks mom" reply that you would continue to do it. I get that you may not have liked the feedback, but you can always choose not to comment.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:45 am

OK. I would not have responded but for your "thanks mom" reply that you would continue to do it. I get that you may not have liked the feedback, but you can always choose not to comment.
Likewise
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:55 am

Likewise
Touche, except I'm not the one not wanting feedback from others *on a message board*
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:08 am

Touche, except I'm not the one not wanting feedback from others *on a message board*
I thought the goal of the thread was to discuss "Photographic Evidence..." and not my feet on the ORD SC coffee table, of which there is none. Ultimately I have learned the lesson not to be candid on FT and just pretend I'm perfect and win every argument like the rest on here.

ETA: Always OK with Howste catching minor dichotomy. Not OK with the piling on of it.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:45 am

OMG. Can't stand that. At least put on some socks or slippers. I'm guessing that bunion is from the high heels she just shucked off. My ECCO's may not be stylish but my feet are healthy.
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
And SkyClub users don't want the dirt, grime, and other mess from the bottom of shoes on a coffee table where we put out plates, glasses, electronic devices, and other personal materials...
How are these two opinions so different?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Feet/shoes belong on the floor, not on furniture or walls. The earlier comment provided exceptions to this rule. My comment provided no exceptions to this rule.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
How are these two opinions so different?
Why don't you take a picture of someone with their feet (in shoes) on a coffee table and post it on Passenger Shaming or this thread. And then post a picture of someone with bunion distorted naked feet having their feet on the bulkhead wall. Then see which one gains more traction. No more discussion; no more piling on me. Just see which one people are more appalled by. If you find that more or equal people are appalled by feet on a coffee table then I will admit I'm wrong. Until then, stop piling on me, stop trying to pick fights, stop trying to have a conversation that doesn't need to happen because I admitted something I clearly should not have. I have learned not to admit to anything on FT.
Attached Images  
hurnik likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:07 pm

My point is not to argue which placement of feet is more or less offensive but to point out that the two points of view are just different opinions. The opinions about feet on tables are not a personal attack, as you seem to feel; they are alternative, but in many ways equivalent, points of view to your comments on the bare feet.

In regard to the photos, I expect that if you added some pics of young bare feet with good pedicures and some others of the grungy shoes I see on the tables at my local Starbucks, there would be some equivalency there also.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by CarmenOM

In regard to the photos, I expect that if you added some pics of young bare feet with good pedicures and some others of the grungy shoes I see on the tables at my local Starbucks, there would be some equivalency there also.
But that doesn't apply here because we saw the feet to which I responded and my shoes had just been shined as I always do on Monday AM's at the airport. So that's the reality.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL DM
Heh. Does this guy honestly believe that his shoes that have just walked through an airport are cleaner than some random woman's feet?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by stencil
Heh. Does this guy honestly believe that his shoes that have just walked through an airport are cleaner than some random woman's feet?
Heh. Why don't you quote where he said that his shoes are cleaner than this woman's feet? Because he didn't so you can't. Never was the implication made that my feet were cleaner. I explicitly stated that it was more socially acceptable. I also explicitly expressed a concern for athlete's foot. Bare feet are susceptible to both transmitting and catching athlete's foot. Your bare hand is also contagious on your fingernails / hands. Those were my two explicit statements. I made no claim that my shoes were cleaner than her feet. My shoes, as always, were clean and I did claim that, as far as shoes go, but I never made the comparison that they were cleaner than her feet. But they were absolutely much less likely to transmit disease than her feet.

Heh.

http://www.acfaom.org/information-fo.../athletes-foot
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Is it too late to retract my post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.