Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:06 am

Not photographic, but on New Year's Eve I witnessed a mother and father changing their child's diaper in the FC cabin from HNL to LAX. Didn't go to the lav, just did it on the armrests.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by Darth Chocolate
Not photographic, but on New Year's Eve I witnessed a mother and father changing their child's diaper in the FC cabin from HNL to LAX. Didn't go to the lav, just did it on the armrests.
Ironic that I find feet on the bulkhead awful but not this. The bathrooms are disgusting and seats aren't all that clean either. Assuming they cleaned up afterwards I'll give them a pass. I'd draw the line on doing it on the tray table. That said I always trained my toddlers to poop an hour before a flight so never had this problem.

The bigger issue is kids being allowed in F. All kids should be banned, except mine of course.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by ucfjoe
Ironic that I find feet on the bulkhead awful but not this. The bathrooms are disgusting and seats aren't all that clean either. Assuming they cleaned up afterwards I'll give them a pass. I'd draw the line on doing it on the tray table. That said I always trained my toddlers to poop an hour before a flight so never had this problem.

The bigger issue is kids being allowed in F. All kids should be banned, except mine of course.
Hehe, unfortunately then its out of the question that the flight will suck for the parents. But ya' know... Eh, screw it, let's do what NW did, 8+ and up

Then it's only half of the kid's lifespan that one parent is 'non-romantically' shoved in the back.

---

This I'm mixed on, I'm still going to put my arm there, so it disgusts me, also because I don't need to see a poor baby naked in the cabin. I'm actually reverse with the feet on the bulkhead and this.

I mean, on planes like the 739, the bulkheads is absolutely dreadful. There's less legroom there than most seats in Y, and eventually, your legs start feeling the carpel tunnel. Just angle your feet away from the IFE, yes its albeit disgusting no matter how you handle it, but a diaper.. where I'm going to place my arm just no.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:06 pm

Diaper bags come with changing pads. You can also buy disposable changing pads. You can lay down a towel or baby blanket. The purpose of these is to keep a surface clean as well as protect baby from an unclean surface. You can change a baby on the floor even, if you come prepared. There's no excuse for not using the pull down changing tray in the lavatory, if there is one, or not covering whatever other surface you use. And with a fresh baby wipe, cleaning any surface your dirty hands may have touched before you cleaned yourself up.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by mspreh
... (How do I know it was a non-rev?; They paged all non-rev passengers to come to the gate, and I witnessed the upgrade while waiting for the boarding process to start.)
I admit I am not nearly as frequent flyer as most here. But I never have heard :

"Can all non revenue passengers come to the gate"

But whatever.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by mspreh
(How do I know it was a non-rev?; They paged all non-rev passengers to come to the gate, and I witnessed the upgrade while waiting for the boarding process to start.)
This has happened more times than I can count. It's a wonderful experience ..usually.

It's just a shame that we have idiots that make the rest of us non-revs look like peasants or 2nd class citizens when we get upgraded.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:32 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I can barely fit in a lav myself. I can't imagine trying to change a baby in there.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
I can barely fit in a lav myself. I can't imagine trying to change a baby in there.
This brings up an interesting point. OP didn't mention what the plane was. Lavs on the 739 are small even for me (all 5'7", 155 pounds).

But make no mistake, changing a baby on a seat is inexcusable. PAX were in FC; spread a couple blankets or other changing pads on the floor in front of the seats. If it's a "number 2" do the same at the rear galley (or the front if there is no rear). Either way it'll be over super fast and any disturbance due to odor will be kept to a minimum.

I don't understand the loss of decorum. Mrs. TVTD and I have done two long hauls for each of our children's first birthdays, ATL/IAD-ICN, not to mention other domestic flights for holidays and traveling with me for work. Both kids in diapers. We've had to change our fair share of diapers in plane restrooms.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tvtd
This brings up an interesting point. OP didn't mention what the plane was. Lavs on the 739 are small even for me (all 5'7", 155 pounds).

But make no mistake, changing a baby on a seat is inexcusable. PAX were in FC; spread a couple blankets or other changing pads on the floor in front of the seats. If it's a "number 2" do the same at the rear galley (or the front if there is no rear). Either way it'll be over super fast and any disturbance due to odor will be kept to a minimum.

I don't understand the loss of decorum. Mrs. TVTD and I have done two long hauls for each of our children's first birthdays, ATL/IAD-ICN, not to mention other domestic flights for holidays and traveling with me for work. Both kids in diapers. We've had to change our fair share of diapers in plane restrooms.
The galley is the last place it should be done. Those are food/drink prep areas.

Every plane I've been on built or refurbished in the last decade has a baby changing platform in the lav. There's no reason not to go there. Is it small yes, but with the platform it's easy to use.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:55 pm

i don't find this an issue as long as they cleaned it up.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The galley is the last place it should be done. Those are food/drink prep areas.

Every plane I've been on built or refurbished in the last decade has a baby changing platform in the lav. There's no reason not to go there. Is it small yes, but with the platform it's easy to use.
757 to and from San Antonio out of Atlanta had some OLD 757 aircraft. Neither the front or rear lav had anything. We were in 1A/B with my 20mo old daughter. My wife said she juggled our daughter in the lav to change diaper.

Would never do it in the cabin.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Tizzette
Diaper bags come with changing pads. You can also buy disposable changing pads. You can lay down a towel or baby blanket. The purpose of these is to keep a surface clean as well as protect baby from an unclean surface. You can change a baby on the floor even, if you come prepared. There's no excuse for not using the pull down changing tray in the lavatory, if there is one, or not covering whatever other surface you use. And with a fresh baby wipe, cleaning any surface your dirty hands may have touched before you cleaned yourself up.
So, then you would be OK with me stripping down to my underwear because it keeps the surface clean?

This is an activity for the LAV. End of Story.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
So, then you would be OK with me stripping down to my underwear because it keeps the surface clean?

As a single dad with 2 kids under 3, not always possible to do it in a LAV. As I found out the other day, there is no changing table in the F LAV on the MD90. While it may seem easy enough to put the toilet seat down, put the diaper pad down, then change a diaper, sometimes you need a flat surface. I'd opt to change the baby on the floor near the seat though before using an armrest or tray table.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:42 am

LOL. If you would like to strip down to your underwear, I agree: it is an activity for the lavatory.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***

you have obviously never changed a squirming baby in a dirty airplane lav with turbulence

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.