Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by TomMM
I don't have a picture and it didn't happen on DL but I thought it might be appreciated here. Flying IST-FRA on LH this past Tuesday morning. I am sitting in an aisle exit row seat, the guy next to me starts fiddling with his man purse, pulls out stick deodorant, lifts his arms and applies the deodorant.
-------
Guess he had no clue there are bathrooms on airplanes ?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:09 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I've seen some really repulsive behavior this morning. One lady was licking her fingers while checking out the food and there is some guy in the quiet area snoring so loud you can hear it from another room.
Some people can't help snoring. I snore and it seems to be getting worse every year. I am a bit more empathetic to those who snore than those who do disgusting things like put bare feet near someone's head or on a common area...
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I've seen some really repulsive behavior this morning. One lady was licking her fingers while checking out the food and there is some guy in the quiet area snoring so loud you can hear it from another room.
While I never really partake in the Sky Club buffet (other than SEA, JFK, ATL, and SFO) selections of warm, dried out crudite and oily, packaged salads, I did see an older gentleman raid the DTW main Sky Club crackers and popcorn with his hands yesterday. A fellow buffet-goer discreetly asked the attendant to replace the two bowls.

Don't think the guy has ever been in a SC before as he kept saying how great it is and commented at the offerings.

Man -- while I am much younger than him, I wish I still had that same attitude (albeit with better buffet manners). I do not wish I had his rainbow suspenders though.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by bj27
I do not wish I had his rainbow suspenders though.
Maybe he was from the planet Ork.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
Maybe he was from the planet Ork.
na-nu na-nu to you!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: delta dm
B skyclub currently....child running around in diapers and now being changed right out in the open. Always nice to see a poopy diaper of somebody elses kid while trying to get some breakfast. Keep it classy ATL B SC!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by dzflyer
B skyclub currently....child running around in diapers and now being changed right out in the open. Always nice to see a poopy diaper of somebody elses kid while trying to get some breakfast. Keep it classy ATL B SC!
what did you say to the parents??

What did you say to the lounge dragon??
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Not on DL, but AA this week. The person in front of me was using his feet (socks on) to control and change the moving map on the AVOD screen, both of them. I was kind of impressed how he was able to do that
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by enviroian
what did you say to the parents??

What did you say to the lounge dragon??
Bingo! This type of behavior violates 3 of the SC T&Cs:

"Delta reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who interferes with the business-like atmosphere of the Delta Sky Club.

Attire while in a Delta Sky Club must be in keeping with good taste and a dignified atmosphere.

Delta reserves the right to terminate any membership or remove any member or visitor for inappropriate conduct, including but not limited to conduct that’s undignified, disruptive, abusive or violent, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions."

I don't care how 'hard' it is to travel with children, the rules are the rules.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Bingo! This type of behavior violates 3 of the SC T&Cs:

"Delta reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who interferes with the business-like atmosphere of the Delta Sky Club.

Attire while in a Delta Sky Club must be in keeping with good taste and a dignified atmosphere.

Delta reserves the right to terminate any membership or remove any member or visitor for inappropriate conduct, including but not limited to conduct that’s undignified, disruptive, abusive or violent, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions."

I don't care how 'hard' it is to travel with children, the rules are the rules.
Agree. Rules exist for a reason. If I witnessed this behavior I would have said something immediately to both the idiot parents then the dragon.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:16 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Agree. Rules exist for a reason. If I witnessed this behavior I would have said something immediately to both the idiot parents then the dragon.
I'm curious what you would say to the parents (legitimately). How does one approach this without a)sounding snarky and b)in such a way that the parent's don't immediately become defensive/confrontational.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Originally Posted by TTT
I'm curious what you would say to the parents (legitimately). How does one approach this without a)sounding snarky and b)in such a way that the parent's don't immediately become defensive/confrontational.
Originally Posted by TTT
Perhaps just be frank and say it makes you feel uncomfortable and politely ask them to take care of their child? As far as poor parents go, generally, yeah it's going to be tough, it's just about doing it in a way where they can empathize and gets someone else to weigh in. If another pax separate of you chimes in on it as well, chances are they'll be more receptive of it as it'll become evident to them that most people don't do what they're doing and it's not just some snobby misunderstanding pax.

Instead maybe phrase it like this..

"Hi, I hope you're having a good day and am so sorry to be a burden however it would really mean a lot to me with not changing your child's diaper out here where it's in full view. I totally understand that it can be challenging keeping kids in check, but considering we eat out here and the food is openly served in a buffet it really makes me uneasy. I know it's a tad late now to really do much, but if from now on you could refrain from doing that and have some clothes on your child too, I'd greatly appreciate it."

Unfortunately, it seems we have to make ourselves feel like we're the ones wronging them for them to actually not get mad; maybe one day all seven billion of us will take up some semi-decent decorum.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by TTT
I have actually said something to individuals (watching youtube, iTunes without headphones) and to a parent at the AC in BOS a few weeks ago before going to the dragons. In both cases, I simply approached and then said, Excuse me, I'm trying to get some work done, would you mind using headphones/having your child sit and read or go to the family area. Youtube guy apologized and got out head phones. The LAA AC in BOS actually has a family room, so that one wasn't too bad.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by TTT
I would ask them if it's their first time in a SkyClub and politely point them to the restroom. Whether or not it sounds snarky would be for the parents to decide. SkyClubs are supposed to be a haven from the no-common-sense traveler.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:50 am

I should add that I try to leave a couple of dollars for the lounge attendants for cleaning up my drinks/snacks. Possibly more so than the lounge dragons, these folks take the brunt of disgusting behavior by pax with napkins and food debris left all over the place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.