Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
I'm NOT an expert, however, when a diamond solitaire ring is lighting up the business cabin like a disco ball when the window shade is up, and it's the size of a large marble, it's safe to estimate it being worth more than the median home...

Also, the Palladium card is for ultra-high net worth individuals- not run-of-the-mill high net worth folks.
I have no idea about diamonds, but...

...the Palladium card carries a $595 AF and is available to all Chase Private Banking clients. While I'd assume many private banking clients are indeed in that UHNW category, there's actually a pretty low entry point: $250k in active management.

Nothing to sneeze at of course, but also not really UHNW kind of numbers.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Osmo
Just now, Atlanta F lounge.

Precious was walking up and down and up and down the table top, you know,his feet where people sit, eat and drink.

No REP (reasonable expectation of privacy) in public. Next time, don't bother with the blur on the image. I've sat at the bar and would have said to padre, this isn't a play pen. Then I would have gone to the front desk and asked for a formal intervention. Most pay for a SC membership to avoid this type of nonsense.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:45 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
No REP (reasonable expectation of privacy) in public. Next time, don't bother with the blur on the image.
While that may be true from a legal perspective, it arguably violates the FT rules (#21, or if you think that's not enough by itself, in conjunction with #8)

And while I agree it's inappropriate in a Sky Club (and maybe other settings as well) it's also not the kind of thing for which someone deserves to be shamed across the Internet in perpetuity.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Zorak
While that may be true from a legal perspective, it arguably violates the FT rules (#21, or if you think that's not enough by itself, in conjunction with #8)

And while I agree it's inappropriate in a Sky Club (and maybe other settings as well) it's also not the kind of thing for which someone deserves to be shamed across the Internet in perpetuity.
You're right, Zorak: Sorry. I see this type of behavior occurring more and more often and do support public condemnation, but this forum isn't the place. I would simply ask that other FT'ers who do pay for a lounge, or merit it via DIA status, speak up by asking the SC agents to intervene considering this behavior is totally unacceptable.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card

Jeez...Between this and my animated GIF, I think you're one of the few that has actually read and taken to heart the FT rules... :P

(Totally kidding, of course. Appreciate the reminders!)
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by gooselee
Jeez...Between this and my animated GIF, I think you're one of the few that has actually read and taken to heart the FT rules... :P

(Totally kidding, of course. Appreciate the reminders!)
glad to see that you're kidding - you'll find more frustrated high school
hall monitors on FT than any other site on the internet
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:05 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
glad to see that you're kidding - you'll find more frustrated high school
hall monitors on FT than any other site on the internet
With good reason -- step 1 in maximizing what you get under the rules, is knowing what the rules are

Anyway I'm not a mod so people certainly don't need to listen to me, nor do I agree with all the FT rules, just pointing out a relevant one so people can make their own informed choices
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
With good reason -- step 1 in maximizing what you get under the rules, is knowing what the rules are

Anyway I'm not a mod so people certainly don't need to listen to me, nor do I agree with all the FT rules, just pointing out a relevant one so people can make their own informed choices
Frustrated hall-monitors are rarely a good thing. I do enjoy watching them at play thought, it's a guilty pleasure.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
I don't have photo evidence, but I was in the first row of F on a LAX-DEN flight today. The grown adult couple next to me watched a cartoon movie for almost the entire flight from a laptop with full sound on. Not sure which one – maybe one of the newer Pixar ones? – my niece still only watches Frozen on a loop, so I'm not up to date. Anyway, it was an obnoxious sounding movie and was pretty loud. I just put my headphones on to try and drown it out, but if I were trying to sleep, I would have been pretty teed off. The really sweet FA seemed to either not care or want to say anything, as the guy also had his seat fully reclined through landing. Oh, and of course he also pulled the classic "legs upward and shoes on the bulkhead" position. If he hadn't rushed into the aisle after landing, I was half tempted to give him a left compliment about how good his movie sounded. :P

But I'm also curious: is there any sort of policy anywhere about having the sound on while watching a movie/playing a game? I suppose he has the freedom (perhaps not the right) to watch and listen to whatever he wants, but it still seemed pretty inconsiderate of the other passengers.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by char777
But I'm also curious: is there any sort of policy anywhere about having the sound on while watching a movie/playing a game? I suppose he has the freedom (perhaps not the right) to watch and listen to whatever he wants, but it still seemed pretty inconsiderate of the other passengers.
Yes. IIRC it's in the back of SkyMagazine. I had this happen recently on an international flight where an elderly couple was listening to music before takeoff. I got out of my seat, quietly said something to an FA, she walked down the aisle, acted like she discovered this on her own and told the couple they needed to use headphones. She may have even brought them two sets.

Perhaps the FA on your flight thought that since no other passengers were complaining, she would let it be.

I was in the row behind the bulkhead. They were across the aisle. When I got on the flight and stowed my bag in the overhead, the same gentleman got out of his seat and started yelling that the particular overhead was for Comfort Plus only. I just ignored him. He kept yelling until a different FA explained to him that my seat was C+. His wife looked mortified most of the flight.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:09 am
HMO

The really sweet FA seemed to either not care or want to say anything, as the guy also had his seat fully reclined through landing.
I believe "sweet" isn't the right word... Lazy or careless, perhaps?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
When I got on the flight and stowed my bag in the overhead, the same gentleman got out of his seat and started yelling that the particular overhead was for Comfort Plus only. I just ignored him.
Love this. So basic. So perfect.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I was on a flight once where someone was using ear buds but the music was so loud we could still hear it. The FA talked with them and they turned it down. I'm not sure if anyone complained to the FA but I don't think so.

This particular FA has been on many of my flights into/out of SAN and I remember her once getting onto someone for having their shoes off and going to the bathroom only wearing socks. I think that some FAs are just more proactive than others.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Kinda, near the end of a recent Sky Magazine it says:
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE. Please use headphones with portable electronic devices
Funny enough, this is in very small font that most people won't bother to read.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks for the responses. Nice to see that common courtesy is at least in the fine print. I guess there will always be schmucks in the air in this country no matter the cabin...

Originally Posted by HMO
I believe "sweet" isn't the right word... Lazy or careless, perhaps?
She was sweet in the sense that she was pleasant and offered me nice service. I don't know why she didn't really do anything about them, but then again, this was a regional. She also disappeared after a while to help the FA in the Y cabin as is usual practice on the E175s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.