Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by 5khours
Just my two pesos.
I got it! The new DL FF program will be called SkyCentavos.

MO
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:53 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
How about skycentimos
Old Mar 31, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by obscure2k
I have just spent a considerable amount of time cleaning up this thread. I have deleted off-topic posts as well as posts which included ad hominem attacks.
The topic is Skymiles Change Rumor. I ask that if you wish to address this serious issue involving changes to Skymiles, than please do so. If you wish to engage in lighthearted banter, feel free to do so in the Delta Lounge Forum. Under no circumstances will ad hominem or any other type of personal attack be tolerated.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Probably time to change the oil in the hydraulic gonkulators. These units keep the Univacs at a constant operating temperature and also allow the IBM punch card readers to work more efficiently.
I genuinely feel a great deal of sympathy for the mods of this forum...
Old Mar 31, 2012, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Ti22
I genuinely feel a great deal of sympathy for the mods of this forum...
I think you are mistaking attacks on fellow posters (which is prohibited) with criticism of Delta (even strongly worded criticism) which is permissible.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 9:47 am
mdb

Probably time to change the oil in the hydraulic gonkulators. These units keep the Univacs at a constant operating temperature and also allow the IBM punch card readers to work more efficiently.
that was funny....
Old Mar 31, 2012, 9:49 am
mdb

Originally Posted by Dovster
I think you are mistaking attacks on fellow posters (which is prohibited) with criticism of Delta (even strongly worded criticism) which is permissible.
Seems for some that is one in the same.... so sad.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:56 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by obscure2k
I have just spent a considerable amount of time cleaning up this thread. I have deleted off-topic posts as well as posts which included ad hominem attacks.
The topic is Skymiles Change Rumor. I ask that if you wish to address this serious issue involving changes to Skymiles, than please do so. If you wish to engage in lighthearted banter, feel free to do so in the Delta Lounge Forum. Under no circumstances will ad hominem or any other type of personal attack be tolerated.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
Well done. My heartfelt apologies as one of the transgressors.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
You are not trying to imply that Delta IT is a bit outdated are you?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I haven't read all 110 pages of this thread, so I apologize if this has already been covered. I understand the earning concept of the SkyMiles change rumor, but I am not sure how redeeming will change. Is the alleged change going to be like pay with miles for Amex cardholders? So if the ticket costs say $1000, then to redeem miles you would need to use 100K? If that's what is supposed to happen, then it is definitely time to burn all of my miles now. If it doesn't happen, I can always redeposit them.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by Richard1148
Is the alleged change going to be like pay with miles for Amex cardholders? So if the ticket costs say $1000, then to redeem miles you would need to use 100K? If that's what is supposed to happen, then it is definitely time to burn all of my miles now. If it doesn't happen, I can always redeposit them.
That is the largely substantiated rumor... And many here are in fact doing what you propose.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
I haven't read all 110 pages of this thread, so I apologize if this has already been covered. I understand the earning concept of the SkyMiles change rumor, but I am not sure how redeeming will change. Is the alleged change going to be like pay with miles for Amex cardholders? So if the ticket costs say $1000, then to redeem miles you would need to use 100K? If that's what is supposed to happen, then it is definitely time to burn all of my miles now. If it doesn't happen, I can always redeposit them.
The good news is that these are just rumors. NOTHING IS SUBSTANTIATED, except that the roll out date was missed on one of the inside source rumor posts. I have it on good authority that Delta IS making changes with the upgrade instruments, making them usable on more fares similar to UA/AA.

Does anyone think that Delta, who can't keep a website working correctly, is going to be able to differentiate pre and post change mile value, and what fare level the pre change miles were earned under? They still haven't decided how to let us pick and choose revenue flights, much less address award travel. IT isn't Delta's strong suit and adding any additional complexity to it is going to make Theresa Wise's head explode.

My advice, don't make an issue where there isn't one. If by some chance Delta releases upcoming changes to the 2013 program that will affect the way you spend miles, spend them. Today, you really have nothing to lose.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by Deadtail
Does anyone think that Delta, who can't keep a website working correctly, is going to be able to differentiate pre and post change mile value, and what fare level the pre change miles were earned under?
DL can and does allocate IT resources on what it thinks is important not what we think. They can do it without question with limited issues.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hnewman
DL can and does allocate IT resources on what it thinks is important not what we think. They can do it without question with limited issues.
This is a better topic for another thread, but you would think collecting revenue would be somewhat important to them.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Deadtail
My advice, don't make an issue where there isn't one. If by some chance Delta releases upcoming changes to the 2013 program that will affect the way you spend miles, spend them. Today, you really have nothing to lose.
My main concern is that DL makes the change without any notice and we will all be stuck with whatever it then takes to redeem an award. The T&C's of the SkyMiles program state: "Delta and its program partners reserve the right to change program rules, benefits, regulations, Travel Awards, fees, mileage Award levels, and special offers at any time without notice." (Bolding mine).
Old Mar 31, 2012, 3:29 pm
Suspended

My main concern is that DL makes the change without any notice and we will all be stuck with whatever it then takes to redeem an award. The T&C's of the SkyMiles program state: "Delta and its program partners reserve the right to change program rules, benefits, regulations, Travel Awards, fees, mileage Award levels, and special offers at any time without notice." (Bolding mine).
A major change to the program will get plenty of notice. DM was rolled out early. Plus, even though they have the change disclaimer in there, you can bet class action would follow if they changed the value of miles, which is different than changing the value of awards with little to no notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.