Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:28 am

I figure it's happening.

That does not mean I think EVERY rumor posted on this thread has a basis in fact.

(And the fact that a poster threatens to "take his toys and go home if you don't agree with me" actually UNDERMINES his credibilty IMHO. LOL!)

I also think that based on past experience (A) half of the "I spend" is overstated and (B) 2/3's of the "I am leaving Delta and never coming back' will slink back at some point.... Because I think Delta won't be alone. Everyone is looking at this and if you don't believe it... I have some great real estate investments for you

But..

I am happy about one thing....
While all of you are off flying other airlines because "Delta might change" that should help my upgrade chances.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Why do people keep doubting that this is happening?do you really think DL would not come and say this is just a ridiculous rumor for something generating this much buzz? Would long time members put their reps on the line for a made up rumor? Would people be holding back booking of flights, apply for status match, burn their miles before the devaluation happens. It has been said its not happening today, but it is happening and if you are stuck then it's your own fault.

We believe this is true either by being in the focus groups, or having been told information or reading something maybe we shouldn't have seen,

Everyday DL postpones this announcement it is costing them money. I refuse to book any class of a paid ticket on DL until they tell me the TC that I am flying under. Yes, they are running a business but seriously this delay is ridiculous, this should have been announced in 4th qtr when other airlines announced their plans not in the middle of the qualifying year, it just shows that Anderson has no integrity, honesty or respect for their Medallions and now that he has given people reason to test the grass on the other side, they might not come back, I will not decide if I am going until I know the final details but to have the rumor floating out there for weeks is just a big FU to all of us.

End of rant!

Delta has certainly earned its rep for not communicating whilst making changes that affect the overall program. They certainly did not make an announcement that I recall that stated their FCM program would impact negatively one's ability to upgrade. Frankly, the way it was done is insulting to our loyalty. THat and the Ham Sandwich comment and the short term decision making that so many public companies seem to make these days lead me to think that they will do something. I am not going to make any decisions until I know for sure. If I have to ride in the back of the bus often and find it impossible to book a BE TATL trip every other year, then I will have little reason to not fly purely on schedule and/or low price and be a Gold on 3 carriers...
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Why do people keep doubting that this is happening?do you really think DL would not come and say this is just a ridiculous rumor for something generating this much buzz? Would long time members put their reps on the line for a made up rumor? Would people be holding back booking of flights, apply for status match, burn their miles before the devaluation happens. It has been said its not happening today, but it is happening and if you are stuck then it's your own fault.

We believe this is true either by being in the focus groups, or having been told information or reading something maybe we shouldn't have seen,

Everyday DL postpones this announcement it is costing them money. I refuse to book any class of a paid ticket on DL until they tell me the TC that I am flying under. Yes, they are running a business but seriously this delay is ridiculous, this should have been announced in 4th qtr when other airlines announced their plans not in the middle of the qualifying year, it just shows that Anderson has no integrity, honesty or respect for their Medallions and now that he has given people reason to test the grass on the other side, they might not come back, I will not decide if I am going until I know the final details but to have the rumor floating out there for weeks is just a big FU to all of us.

End of rant!
I don't doubt changes are happening, because changes always happen. Loyalty programs are actively managed and changed. Delta needs to make these changes based on many things, some of which include their financial bottom line, how they can retain loyalty and attract new dollars, and what other airlines are doing.

The apocalypse predicted here is frankly BS. I wholly agree that there are changes coming, but at the end of the day these changes will have to add value to every flyer, not just HVC's, or the bottom line will suffer. Delta isn't unique in this. Look at what's going on at UA. WHat's worse are the unpublished changes at UA. Do you think AA isn't going to make some BK adjustments to their loyalty program.

6 or so hours left.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:52 am
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by Deadtail
I don't doubt changes are happening, because changes always happen. Loyalty programs are actively managed and changed. Delta needs to make these changes based on many things, some of which include their financial bottom line, how they can retain loyalty and attract new dollars, and what other airlines are doing.

The apocalypse predicted here is frankly BS. I wholly agree that there are changes coming, but at the end of the day these changes will have to add value to every flyer, not just HVC's, or the bottom line will suffer. Delta isn't unique in this. Look at what's going on at UA. WHat's worse are the unpublished changes at UA. Do you think AA isn't going to make some BK adjustments to their loyalty program.

6 or so hours left.
LOL. These countdowns that you are posting are pretty hilarious. Most people understand that "Target Q1 2012" doesn't mean March 30, 23h:59m. Most people, except you, that is.

There is uncertainty and people have to make decisions under uncertainty. The fact is, though, that people like LedgeT have done nothing more than tried to help. Why you keep insisting on insulting him and others when it concerns the wallets and mileage accounts of others is a mystery.

And finally, the credibility and quality of your advice is best demonstrated by the bolded passage in your post. Any changes will HAVE TO ADD VALUE to EVERY flyer? LOL. You can't be serious. Where does it say that? Maybe the bottom line will suffer over time, but the fact still remains that in the mean time, so would the bottom line of some of the flyers. And since you brought up UA, let me say that UA in fact did take away significant benefits from Silver and Gold elites, without compensation, and without prior warning. Why is it so hard to believe Delta would do the same?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles

Did anyone mention what time the announcement is today?

6 or so hours left.
Here, again, I'll try to make my point.

You obviously have an agenda that you feel can be supported by creating the perception that if we don't receive the bad news by date certain, then the bad news must not be coming.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Changes are comming though maybe on a slightly different schedule

But the changes are not in a rumor mode.

Anyway, I just thought (because this thread moves way-too-fast for me to follow) to add a little note, which hopefully will remain somewhat visible--

You've wrote to your delta reps or customer service?

Good.

Now, make sure to write directly to your american express contact person. Also, make sure that David Rabkin (Amex's VP for delta cards) will hear your opinion

His email is
David Rabkin
Vice President- Delta Cobrands at American Express in New York,
email:
david.i.rabkin AT aexp.com

(I removed the @ sign and replaced with " AT " to fight spammers)

be short and direct. Tell him that the annual spending does not have to go on an american express delta card if the return is not worthy. You can complain along the way that the claim for 25K miles ticket is near virtual reality. If you want your voice heard when they revise the cooperation with AMEX (in other words, where it really counts)- NOW is the time to do so.

You can also call his office. He does return calls sometimes.

Last edited by DLroads; Mar 30, 2012 at 10:11 am
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Here, again, I'll try to make my point.

You obviously have an agenda that you feel can be supported by creating the perception that if we don't receive the bad news by date certain, then the bad news must not be coming.
I don't have an agenda, but given your post history..you do.

I don't believe bad news is coming.

We were given a post and told to accept it as fact without qualification. You feel like you can pick and choose what you want to believe, mostly based on how bad you feel it could be, but that's your problem, not mine. You also seem to have a problem with people who don't agree with you. I haven't attacked a single person, but you are attacking me claiming I have some sort of agenda.

I'm taking LedgeT for his word and nothing more.

5 hours left.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
6 or so hours left.
This is starting to sound like the weather reporters in ATL trying to predict the timing of snow in the forecast... it always makes headline news, the timing is never right, and the result is always either far worse than predicted or a total bust!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dcline414
This is starting to sound like the weather reporters in ATL trying to predict the timing of snow in the forecast... it always makes headline news, the timing is never right, and the result is always either far worse than predicted or a total bust!
When you're right you're right.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dcline414
Well, I am fixin to head to the Kroger to pick up milk, bread, and beer just in case....
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
I don't have an agenda, but given your post history..you do.

I don't believe bad news is coming.

We were given a post and told to accept it as fact without qualification. You feel like you can pick and choose what you want to believe, mostly based on how bad you feel it could be, but that's your problem, not mine. You also seem to have a problem with people who don't agree with you. I haven't attacked a single person, but you are attacking me claiming I have some sort of agenda.

I'm taking LedgeT for his word and nothing more.

5 hours left.

+1.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Well, I am fixin to head to the Kroger to pick up milk, bread, and beer just in case....
If you're looking for lean finely textured beef at Krogers, your out of luck.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:37 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Deadtail, I am among the (very credible, based on posting history) posters who has shared inside knowledge that this is happening. However, I want to be clear that I make no representation that there is going to be an announcement today, tomorrow, or next month.

Your little countdown clock is childish and immature.

You can bury your head in the sand, but for those of us in the know, we are aware that the future isn't pretty. The vast majority here are, of course, not "in the know." However, they do know well enough to evaluate the credibility of sources here and realize that the news, whenever it might come, is going to be very bad.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
They're probably out by now because all the conspiracy theorists bought them by the truckload when the weather reports started replacing prime-time TV and called for 6"-12"+ inches of snow! (you may be able to find PBR or Naddy at a few stores)

Of course, that means it will be either less than 2" or at least 2' with the city completely shut down for a week!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:44 am
Suspended

All I know is I am done flying Delta!!!!!!!

This week.... I am finally home and the boat is fueled and I have live bait in the pen....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.