Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by jackplum
It may have been posted so my apologies but SkyBonus is a revenue based system and it works... for me, at least.

YMMV

Despite my reluctance to believe rumors, there has been discussion of SkyBonus as a model.
SkyBonus only works as a supplimentary program as many contribute but few redeem. If you are a redeemer, it works great. If you are only one of the contributors, it stinks.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
DL is using that Final Fantasy paradigm (I don't have a Japanese keyboard) that has an attacker and 2 jammers...
And we are the target.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
DL is using that Final Fantasy paradigm (I don't have a Japanese keyboard) that has an attacker and 2 jammers...
And we are the target.
Yeah but they are facing 86,000,000,000 peons (many of which don't care). And in that mix you have almost 40,000 level 99 bosses.

And some of those level 99 bosses have Trillions of Mana and HP. Should those bosses walk away DL will have no way of gaining EXP (or should I say MQMs)!

Last edited by DHalltheway; Mar 28, 2012 at 7:28 pm
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Yeah but they are facing 86,000,000,000 peons (many of which don't care). And in that mix you have almost 40,000 level 99 bosses.

And some of those level 99 bosses have Trillions of Mana and HP. Should those bosses walk away DL will have no way of gaining EXP (or should I say MQMs)!
And the level 99 bosses appear to be supporting the system, but they are really gamers (which isn't really a bad thing)
And forfeit is like victory.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
And the level 99 bosses appear to be supporting the system, but they are really gamers (which isn't really a bad thing)
And forfeit is like victory.
Well there are a couple of smarts ones who aren't in support of the new system and a few smart ones are already gone.

However, some exiled smart ones still hold level 99 due to roll over.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
They will, but it will be called an "enhancement" that many elites "asked for".
It was a tough decision, but it was the right decision!!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
I said the same thing to the guy next to me when we were on approach and I could no longer fight the pressure change...
Hey, it was tough to say but it was the right thing to say. After all, Delta would never allow the rules to overrule common sense.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by james318
Hey, it was tough to say but it was the right thing to say.
Let's scrimmage this one and come back with a 10,000 foot view of the challenges and identify the push and pull to get us to the next generation of best in class opportunities....
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by andymo99
I've sat quiet on this thread but will jump in on the "truth vs. rumor" controversy.

I'm very unhappy to share that the info in this thread is well-informed. DL intends to switch to a revenue based programs where earn and burn would both be revenue based.

I know no details beyond this, so can only join in the speculation. However, based on history, I would predict that the outcome will be very, very bad. Even for someone who flies on a lot of high $ tickets, this will be brutal b/c most of my redemptions are for very expensive long-haul premium cabin tickets. And always at "low" redemption tier. I'm confident that any fare-based redemption program will be an enormous devaluation.

What I know is the case: DL has done a lot of work to move in this direction. This I know as fact.
What I don't know but am reasonably confident on: They will indeed execute on the plan they've developed.

All the arguing above about which sources are credible and so on is academic. Not to boast, but if you question my credibility, read through my posting history for where I've "broken news" or confirmed things in the past. My track record is perfect. I hope to hell that the streak ends here.

Prediction: If other airlines don't follow, perhaps DL will have to backtrack to remain competitive. In that sense, it is just like fare hikes. If others follow suit, however, the whole FF game as we know it is changed forever, for the worse. In truth, we can just look to UA as the one that matters. If they follow, it's done. If not, there is some hope.
I think you are dead on, unfortunately. If they do go full-bore with the full monetization of all benefits and retroactive conversion of banked Skymiles to Delta Dollars (or Pesos if you will) this will be the worst single act of bad faith in frequent flyer programs* that I can think of. Not certain they will pull the trigger but past behavior leads me to believe that its certainly more likely than not.

* At least in US FF programs, I don't know the details of all bad things that happened in non-US programs over the years.

Last edited by GrizShel; Mar 28, 2012 at 9:12 pm
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by HongKonger
Was that a deliberately dense comment? You know EWR is an airport serving mostly NYC.
I know exactly where it is (one of my home airports after all) and I know what you meant but Newark is a money pit so I couldn't help myself.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:58 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by GrizShel
I think you are dead on, unfortunately. If they do go full-bore with the full monetization of all benefits and retroactive conversion of banked Skymiles to Delta Dollars (or Pesos if you will) this will be the worst single act of bad faith in frequent flyer programs* that I can think of. Not certain they will pull the trigger but past behavior leads me to believe that its certainly more likely than not.

* At least in US FF programs, I don't know the details of all bad things that happened in non-US programs over the years.
Would be horrendously unfair but when has that ever stopped anyone?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:59 am

Programs: UA Plat (farewell DL :-<),Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
1 Conspiracy
2 Polite rebuttal
3 Flaming comment
4 Non-sequitur
5 Snarky comment
6 Goto 1
rinse and repeat I love it ROFL. I burned 240K miles yesterday so now have little skin in the game so that make me able to laugh at this even more.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by delanet
rinse and repeat I love it ROFL. I burned 240K miles yesterday so now have little skin in the game so that make me able to laugh at this even more.
I'll see you 240K miles and raise you 760K miles.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:43 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
I'll see you 240K miles and raise you 760K miles.
How'd you burn a million so fast?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger
How'd you burn a million so fast?
10 J class tickets

I still have more than a quarter mil to burn.

Last edited by DHalltheway; Mar 29, 2012 at 6:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.