Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Availability is good on QF.
On KE there should be quite a bit of O space (but let's hope that the dates I want aren't embargoed)
I mean KE availability, even on open dates, the awards seats are highly limited. It is like trying to find JFK-LAX in low award on DL. Slim to none.

Originally Posted by avidflyer
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Originally Posted by avidflyer
For a non-FT'er trying to use the calendar that would be 2 Round trips BUR-PDX.....for DHalltheway it = 10 J tix.
No doubt you are good at finding low awards, but you found availability for dates that work for you, and you know when you will be free to travel int'l TEN times in the next 330 days?

Wow.
Could be "Who" are you traveling with (who will be a friend for life clearly) over the next 330 days
Avid nails it right on the head

Plus anyways don't you all have the schedules for your public holiday for the whole of 2012 and the start or 2013? I do.

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Would be a helluva pick up scheme...

Do you like Paris? do you have a passport? Do you like fancyish food and drink? DO you like to lay flat? Come with me...
LOL ^

Priceless!

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
And that friend might come with benefits.
And where there are benefits, us FTers are very good at using them.
We milk them for all it is worth and then some

Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl
Trust me, it doesn't work. I've tried for years...
Hmmmm..... You tried it on other guys or other guys tried it on you?

AA_EXP09, Hong Konger, Dovster, and I would love to accompany you

Originally Posted by andymo99
I get the point of gallows humor, but as this thread degenerates to the usual DL FT inanity, let's keep in mind that the original topic is the single most destructive change to Skymiles since its inception. (IMO, of course.)

This makes T-72 look like child's play.
This is far greater than the insULT controversy.
Removal of PMUs pales in comparison.
Etc.

So perhaps for this one thread we can keep things streamlined by avoiding scores of posts that are inside jokes, off-topic, etc.
I think the board and most FT-ers are at the acceptance phase already.

Many of whom have already indicated their back up plans and are putting them into motion. It is no point fighting a system that does not listen. It is better to take action and speak with your wallets and mileage bank rather than create a big ho ha.

If a number of DMs here and a few HVC leave, DL is more likely to take notice.

Last edited by DHalltheway; Mar 29, 2012 at 6:11 pm
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:05 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
I think the board and most FT-ers are at the acceptance phase already.

Many of whom have already indicated their back up plans and are putting them into motion. It is no point fighting a system that does not listen. It is better to take action and speak with your wallets and bank rather than create a big ho ha.
Perhaps you weren't around when FTers had a concerted response that resulted in DL backing off of customer-unfriendly plans.

I don't think people should be at acceptance... not even close.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Perhaps you weren't around when FTers had a concerted response that resulted in DL backing off of customer-unfriendly plans.

Yes, I was not around for that.

I will support anyone who wants to rally the troops because I actually do like this airline and voice with my 10-15K a year spending.

But until he/she comes around and a plan is set in motion. I will just continue my exit plan.

Till then, I've started a thread

Chime in if you want.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post18299324

Last edited by DHalltheway; Mar 29, 2012 at 6:27 pm
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
I placed a hold on a 25k JFK-LAS flight

next year.
I did that exact route today.
on AA
Now waiting for JFK LHR....
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL DM
Unhappy

Back when that happened, there was AA, CO, DL, FL, UA, NW, US, UA., WN...name a few more. Look how the landscape has changed.

Look how DL has changed...customer value score. They know your worth now. Would it be so successful today? Doubtful.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:33 pm

Something just crossed my mind...

How could the program be called SkyMiles going forward with a revenue/point system? That wouldn't make any sense. Also, if you're into finding a litigious purpose and it's a stretch, wouldn't that be means for false advertising?

Just something to chew on...
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by N522US
Something just crossed my mind...

How could the program be called SkyMiles going forward with a revenue/point system? That wouldn't make any sense. Also, if you're into finding a litigious purpose and it's a stretch, wouldn't that be means for false advertising?

Just something to chew on...
It will be called Delvilos.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Deadtail
The good news, 24 hours until the unsubstantiated part of LedgeT's substantiated rumor expires.
Announcement isn't coming in the next 24 hours...but is coming...
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsmith50
Announcement isn't coming in the next 24 hours...but is coming...
I believe you. And based on the track record of accurate reporting of some of those in this thread, i did something uncharacteristic this week. I have an J award ticket booked to Barcelona at the end of April, but a brief fare sale popped up this week offering Biz class for $1890. Normally i would have jumped on this, cancelled the award ticket and booked the paid ticket instead for the MQMs. Based on this thread, i'm just going to burn the miles instead....
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
The good news, 24 hours until the unsubstantiated part of LedgeT's substantiated rumor expires.
If this were Vegas, I'd put money on what LedgeT is predicting, with a bit of a ballpark on the timing.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Back when that happened, there was AA, CO, DL, FL, UA, NW, US, UA., WN...name a few more. Look how the landscape has changed.
Not sure the wishful thinking of further rewarding passengers using OPM for expensive fares is going to be realized and sustained because of that.

Increased industry concentration amongst the legacy players in Europe is resulting in a return to offering more miles for more customers. BA and SK are undoing what they did to reward big OPM spenders at the expense of "small fries", and now full mileage earning on even discount economy class fares are back in the picture. DL better hope that AF-KL isn't also going to be marching in that European direction.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 30, 2012 at 2:44 am
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
That, of course, is a wholly disingenuous ploy on your part to discredit the information that LedgeT and others have posted here.

I can't wait to see what you post on April 1 if there is no big announcement.

If DL management could adhere to schedules, the busted award calendar would have been fixed 18 months ago.

Clearly, a small group here see potential personal benefit to the proposed changes (assuming that they actually give DL the amount of business they allege). Thus, any pushback here to the proposed changes appears to be a threat to them. They certainly seem to be doing their best to discourage such pushback.

So, continue your self-serving agenda.

Absence of a big announcement prior to midnight March 31, doesn't mean that DL management isn't going to upend SkyMiles as soon as they can get their ducks in a row.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hnewman
And what agency might that be?
Based on my research and study of the various three letter agencies, if I had to guess, I would guess CIA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.I.A._(group)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
That, of course, is a wholly disingenuous ploy on your part to discredit the information that LedgeT and others have posted here.

I can't wait to see what you post on April 1 if there is no big announcement.

If DL management could adhere to schedules, the busted award calendar would have been fixed 18 months ago.

Clearly, a small group here see potential personal benefit to the proposed changes (assuming that they actually give DL the amount of business they allege). Thus, any pushback here to the proposed changes appears to be a threat to them. They certainly seem to be doing their best to discourage such pushback.

So, continue your self-serving agenda.

Absence of a big announcement prior to midnight March 31, doesn't mean that DL management isn't going to upend SkyMiles as soon as they can get their ducks in a row.
LedgeT's post has been accepted as infallible fact. People are canceling flights, changing airlines, even changing alliances due to the changes stated in LedgeT's post. There was no qualification to his post. No "this is one option that Delta is looking at", No, "This is an example of an outline Delta was working off of". Nope, quite the contrary. LedgeT pushed back and said, get ready, changes are coming and if you continue to question me I will leave.

To me, this means he is credible beyond question. Why else would people be making personal, professional, and economic choices based on this post.

Now were supposed to walk it back and pick and choose which parts are credible and which aren't? Maybe you should have explained this to emotional wrecks that made the decisions I mentioned above based on this rumor.

Did anyone mention what time the announcement is today?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Why do people keep doubting that this is happening?do you really think DL would not come and say this is just a ridiculous rumor for something generating this much buzz? Would long time members put their reps on the line for a made up rumor? Would people be holding back booking of flights, apply for status match, burn their miles before the devaluation happens. It has been said its not happening today, but it is happening and if you are stuck then it's your own fault.

We believe this is true either by being in the focus groups, or having been told information or reading something maybe we shouldn't have seen,

Everyday DL postpones this announcement it is costing them money. I refuse to book any class of a paid ticket on DL until they tell me the TC that I am flying under. Yes, they are running a business but seriously this delay is ridiculous, this should have been announced in 4th qtr when other airlines announced their plans not in the middle of the qualifying year, it just shows that Anderson has no integrity, honesty or respect for their Medallions and now that he has given people reason to test the grass on the other side, they might not come back, I will not decide if I am going until I know the final details but to have the rumor floating out there for weeks is just a big FU to all of us.

End of rant!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.