Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Online no longer does award stopovers properly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online no longer does award stopovers properly

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Don't waste your time with the BBB. It has no authority whatsoever, and essentially allows companies to buy better ratings.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: DL-KRYPTONIUM, DL-PM, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Club Carlson Silver, Hyatt Plat.
Originally Posted by RealHJ
And according to DL, no one - not a single person at Delta - can fix it now. How it is how it is, the actual fare rules be damned.

It seems like the few agents who had ability to correct computer mispricing have now either had that taken away, OR there are some strong demerits in place for them ever using that privilege/access, if they still have it, so they are now thoroughly scared to reprice anything that is mispriced.

So, no more stopovers, no more open-jaws (as an open-jaw counts as a stopover, and as no more stopovers..).
So that's it then.... Not an IT glitch but a complete rewrite to award redemption rules. I feel Scrooged by DELTA
Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Since it's been 4 days now, you'd think if it just was a glitch they would have jumped in and said "Don't worry, it's a glitch, we're working on it."

Lack of any communication says to me this is not a glitch. Maybe somebody rolled out the new code a bit too soon, ahead of the changes to the T&Cs.

I had a problem this summer trying to do a stopover in ATL on my way back home from LHR on a J award. (I was changing an existing ticket). It kept adding 65K miles and nothing could be done, and lots of different excuses given. I finally just gave up and ended the award trip in ATL and bought a one way for $150 for when I wanted to go back to LAX.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Since it's been 4 days now, you'd think if it just was a glitch they would have jumped in and said "Don't worry, it's a glitch, we're working on it."

Lack of any communication says to me this is not a glitch. Maybe somebody rolled out the new code a bit too soon, ahead of the changes to the T&Cs.

I had a problem this summer trying to do a stopover in ATL on my way back home from LHR on a J award. (I was changing an existing ticket). It kept adding 65K miles and nothing could be done, and lots of different excuses given. I finally just gave up and ended the award trip in ATL and bought a one way for $150 for when I wanted to go back to LAX.
Does Delta not monitor this website anymore? Or, do they just ignore their customer's concerns?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:34 am

Delta, once again, screwed us big time, after the 100% bonus transfer promo. Glad I didn't give into temptation to get more of them. Already sitting on a ton of skypesos, what to do now?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:52 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by Air Brian
Does Delta not monitor this website anymore? Or, do they just ignore their customer's concerns?
DL does monitor this forum. Several of us have seen official representative logged in over the past few days. So I'll leave it to you to answer your second question yourself.

Very disconcerting that they haven't popped in with comments. Seems to indicate that this is the future and the future is here. T-72 + this = absolute dealbreaker for me.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:00 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by javabytes
Don't waste your time with the BBB. It has no authority whatsoever, and essentially allows companies to buy better ratings.
How true. Do people notice that pretty much any company who is a BBB member basically has a stellar rating?

Originally Posted by Air Brian
DL repeatedly has posted that they monitor the site even if they don't reply that often (do a search for posts by SMI, Michelle and I am sure others). I guess that answers your second question.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Again, FWIW, per DeltaAssist, there have been no changes to the stopover rules on award tickets.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Again, FWIW, per DeltaAssist, there have been no changes to the stopover rules on award tickets.
Not to "rules" per se, but most definitely yes to how it is being priced and what phone agents will do now (or rather, will not do - correct the auto mispricing). Which is... just mindboggling, but that's the Delta way.

The rules are worthless if DL doesn't follow them. @:-)
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:02 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Yeah right!

Originally Posted by RealHJ
The rules are worthless if DL doesn't follow them. @:-)
+1.

I tried a simple change to an already-booked domestic award (changing one segment from coach to first on an otherwise all-first-class award). DL wanted 45K more miles. Yep, no changes
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
I just hope that when they do announce any changes, they use the Beautiful and Lovely Skymiles Michelle and not Skymilesinsider.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
add me to the list of feeling totally irritated with this unannounced change. I tried to book a ticket from D.C. to mexico in business. The computer priced it out to 120k. The customer service supervisor said it was due to the aeromexico segments and that awards cost more when you use partner flights regardless if they are skyteam or not. This coming from a supervisor! She said she priced it manually and still could not get it to less than 100k. I eventually abandoned my trip to Mexico and planned something else instead.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:03 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
True but for some reason delta is really helpful with the bbb complaints
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Sadly DOT didn't do much in the 72 hour fiasco.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Yes, but have they commented on the price of the ticket when a stopover is included?

Has anyone been able to have a <24 hour stop in a city ticket at the low level. I know that's not a stopover technically, but just wondering if that is still allowed now too.

Also, if the itinerary is all other airlines, I wonder if the same stopover doubling of miles occurs. Has anyone had issues with an all Air France itinerary for example?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.