Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM
Originally Posted by mdb
+1 Yup
Completely agree

+1

Got 73A to and from NRT this week, returning next. It is like your own little space, and you can get around 73B easily.

Last edited by CREISNYDER; Jan 12, 2012 at 10:44 am Reason: added stuff
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by CREISNYDER
Completely agree

+1

Got 73A to and from NRT this week, returning next. It is like your own little space, and you can get around 73B easily.
You're right... it's 73 wherein the glory lies. And as it turns out, I'm actually in 73A, not 77.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:52 pm

Programs: I've gone dormant. For now.
Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
Hey guys...I know there's a HUGE amount of interest in the 747 flat bed project, so wanted to provide a quick update. The plane went into mod in PEK in October and is scheduled to return to service later this month. We'll be posting a lot of info about the new cabin config, JC seats, YC seats and IFE on the Delta blog in the coming weeks.
Thanks for the update! ^

I know we are all pretty excited to see the new interior and fret over how quickly they come on board.

I can already see the threads about compensation because people didn't get the flatbed on the 744!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
Hey guys...I know there's a HUGE amount of interest in the 747 flat bed project, so wanted to provide a quick update. The plane went into mod in PEK in October and is scheduled to return to service later this month. We'll be posting a lot of info about the new cabin config, JC seats, YC seats and IFE on the Delta blog in the coming weeks.

Stay tuned...

Chris B.
Sr. Product Manager
Customer Experience
coming up on a week since your post Chris, whats happening with the mod of N670US?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
coming up on a week since your post Chris, whats happening with the mod of N670US?
Chris said it should enter service "later this month" and news would be in the "coming weeks" so they still have 15 days left in January. The words he used seem to indicate to me that it will be closer toward the end of the month when the mods are complete and it gets back into service. I wouldn't expect any update until the plane actually re-enters service and DL does some sort of media photo shoot and posts pictures on the blog.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
Chris said it should enter service "later this month" and news would be in the "coming weeks" so they still have 15 days left in January. The words he used seem to indicate to me that it will be closer toward the end of the month when the mods are complete and it gets back into service. I wouldn't expect any update until the plane actually re-enters service and DL does some sort of media photo shoot and posts pictures on the blog.
I'm impatient man! Can't wait to see the finished product. I hope it won't go past Jan. originally we were looking at the end of Dec. I used my last SWU's for ATL - NRT - bKK and already had to redo the itin once due to delays on this 744 project.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
I'm impatient man! Can't wait to see the finished product. I hope it won't go past Jan. originally we were looking at the end of Dec. I used my last SWU's for ATL - NRT - bKK and already had to redo the itin once due to delays on this 744 project.
I hear you man! I'm impatient too.....follow the 767-300ER mods and 747 mods on a regular basis. Mostly has to do with the fact that I seem to get stuck on these planes very frequently on intl trips and cannot wait for all the mods to be done. I absolutely love DLs flatbed BE product.....quite honestly I think it beats any other US-based carriers Intl F/J product hands down.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
I hear you man! I'm impatient too.....follow the 767-300ER mods and 747 mods on a regular basis. Mostly has to do with the fact that I seem to get stuck on these planes very frequently on intl trips and cannot wait for all the mods to be done. I absolutely love DLs flatbed BE product.....quite honestly I think it beats any other US-based carriers Intl F/J product hands down.
I love the lie-flats to. No complaints. Kinda curious if they'll decide to do anything with the int 75's once all the widebodies are done
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:36 am

Is it possible for a couple to sit in the upper deck Adjacent to each other?
It looks like the left side of the upper deck has 6 seats (vs 8 on the other side).
See: http://i.imgur.com/n3z08.png

I have no idea how close those seats are to each other. But I'll be taking 73A and 73K.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
1st 744 flat bed mod is DONE!

Hallelujah! The first 744 that went in for the flat-bed mods is finally complete apparently! Ship 6310 (or N670US) will be operating the DL276 NRT-DTW this Thursday (26 January) - look up the seatmap, it now shows the new config in BE. Not sure where it will go after that...

The second 744 is supposed to already be in PEK receiving the mods (ship 6303 or N663US).
Old Jan 24, 2012, 4:34 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
It's true...the long wait is finally over. Aircraft 6310 has completed installation and certification of the Flat Bed Interior mod in Beijing (PEK).

The aircraft will be routing to DTW via NRT on Jan. 26th. The NRT-DTW leg will be a revenue flight. Once the aircraft arrives in DTW a final FDA inspection is required to continue revenue service. Delta's Marketing group will conduct a photo/video shoot between Jan. 26-29 and we'll be posting images very soon.

Chris-
Old Jan 24, 2012, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Awesome, now time to find a way to get J in that bird!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
DL276 NRT-DTW this Thursday (26 January) - look up the seatmap, it now shows the new config in BE. Not sure where it will go after that...
Looks like there's an issue with formatting of the seatmap of the new 744 config when viewing via Firefox. It's a bit distorted. Anyone else seeing this?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Looks like there's an issue with formatting of the seatmap of the new 744 config when viewing via Firefox. It's a bit distorted. Anyone else seeing this?
I see identical "distortions" in Firefox and in IE 9. Specifically, there's problems formatting the new BE sections (both lower and upper decks) on the seat map. DL 276 NRT-DTW 26JAN. Certainly a problem, but not specific to Firefox.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Pictures, please!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.