Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:44 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you've never had 1A or 1K on a 747, take that for the unique experience. The fuselage is curved so that the window almost looks forward rather than to the side. It's somewhat of a cockpit type view. However, be warned that the aisle next to your seat will seem narrow with 1A and 1K being close to each other.
We're trying that our next trip - as opposed to "upstairs". Will let you know what we think.

FWIW - it isn't easy for older people like us to get carry on stuff - like computer cases - "upstairs". Robyn
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by robyng
We're trying that our next trip - as opposed to "upstairs". Will let you know what we think.

FWIW - it isn't easy for older people like us to get carry on stuff - like computer cases - "upstairs". Robyn
I think 1A and 1K are the best seats for a couple on the 747. They're close, although there is an aisle between them, and both people get windows. The nose section is fun and feels more intimate and private than the second downstairs cabin. Except for FAs using the closet at certain times, your seats will be very quiet.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
So many choices. I have 77A/K booked for my 3 747 legs in the coming months (2 later this month).

Maybe I will take 1A for the return NRT-MSP instead of 77A. It's still open.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Gold
1A is a good seat, it just doesn't have a luggage bin above, so beware. My recent trip to NRT was in 1A and I rode 77A back. I wanted to try both areas on my trip. Both seats had their pluses and minuses. You can't go wrong with either.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by iamhereandthere
So many choices. I have 77A/K booked for my 3 747 legs in the coming months (2 later this month).

Maybe I will take 1A for the return NRT-MSP instead of 77A. It's still open.
I did that (one leg in 1A and the rest in 77A) and ended up liking 77A a lot more. The upper deck is just... something.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
Originally Posted by nichojo
I did that (one leg in 1A and the rest in 77A) and ended up liking 77A a lot more. The upper deck is just... something.
I think I will fly out in 77K and back in 1A. Then I'll have 77K outbound later this year. Never been upstairs so I want to do that before it is no longer. Upstairs on the A380 is just not the same.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by iamhereandthere
I think I will fly out in 77K and back in 1A. Then I'll have 77K outbound later this year. Never been upstairs so I want to do that before it is no longer. Upstairs on the A380 is just not the same.
I think that is perfect. You will get to try both. UD is a unique experience. I got much better service in 1A. YMMV.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
GUC finally cleared for NRT->DTW, unfortunately seats don't look terribly ideal. Two together is there any preference between 9 Middle two or 13 middle two? Thx!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Originally Posted by youvesaiditall
GUC finally cleared for NRT->DTW, unfortunately seats don't look terribly ideal. Two together is there any preference between 9 Middle two or 13 middle two? Thx!
Picky! I'd just be very glad and thankful I'm not in ccccccoach!!!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DLDMFLL
Picky! I'd just be very glad and thankful I'm not in ccccccoach!!!
Thanks for the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.