Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: Delta FO
Originally Posted by Daytona
From the pictures...

Are the seat controls reachable without leaning forward when you are sitting? How about in bed mode? It seems kinda far...
Noticed the same thing. At first I thought it would be no different from the 777 herringbone because the controls are placed next to the monitor. Its fine on the 777, you can be reclined and still reach them. But if you look carefully at the 747, they are much farther away.

They are on the outside part of the seat area where you have reach across the opening to the aisle. Pretty serious design flaw if you ask me. Should have placed the controls on the inside.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by reed2x
Noticed the same thing. At first I thought it would be no different from the 777 herringbone because the controls are placed next to the monitor. Its fine on the 777, you can be reclined and still reach them. But if you look carefully at the 747, they are much farther away.

They are on the outside part of the seat area where you have reach across the opening to the aisle. Pretty serious design flaw if you ask me. Should have placed the controls on the inside.
Maybe you should wait until you try it before saying it has a serious design flaw. A bit over the top with that comment.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton, HI
N670US is being used on DL275 today, DTW-NRT. I am hoping that I luck out next week and N670US is used on my flight to NGO.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:38 am

I think DL is going to try to jack prices for TPAC with the updated seats. But there's going to be a lot of factors playing against them making a big fare change.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by G0H0KIES
N670US is being used on DL275 today, DTW-NRT. I am hoping that I luck out next week and N670US is used on my flight to NGO.
just saw that. you beat me by a few minutes. Doesn't look to be turning back to the states. Any idea where its going after NRT?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton, HI
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
just saw that. you beat me by a few minutes. Doesn't look to be turning back to the states. Any idea where its going after NRT?
Don't know either. But they typically go to either HNL or JFK. I am really hoping I get it on either my DTW-NGO-MNL next week or on my return MNL-NRT-JFK.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:12 pm
k2

Originally Posted by reed2x

There are some designs out there (like CO's BF lie-flats) that have another set of controls which are exposed when you are in full recline. Perhaps they have that setup on these seats - we'll know soon enough.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by G0H0KIES
It is actually scheduled to operate tomorrow's flight (February 3), not today's.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:25 pm

In July, I am flying JFK-NRT (delta show old style seat mat) and return NRT-ATL (new seats) in party of 4. With 4 people and new seats, it seems better to just get a row of 4 downstairs but want to fly UD. Are there any maps/suggestions out yet on what seats are better than others? Thinking 73A&K 74A&K.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by motytrah
I think DL is going to try to jack prices for TPAC with the updated seats. But there's going to be a lot of factors playing against them making a big fare change.
As if M wasn't already high enough...
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:45 am
Suspended

N670US is next scheduled to operate NRT - MNL. Its llocked and loaded in flightaware. I think the date is 2/3 or 2 /4. Then, its obviously going back to NRT and then??? I'm guessing JFK will get it.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:02 am

N670US is next scheduled to operate NRT - MNL. Its llocked and loaded in flightaware. I think the date is 2/3 or 2 /4. Then, its obviously going back to NRT and then??? I'm guessing JFK will get it.
It can displace any 777 with much hassle. The real issue happens on routes with existing 744s. You could have a J oversell situation, and nobody is ever happy when that happens.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Could go MNL-NGO-DTW or MNL-NRT-DTW or MNL-NRT-JFK.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL GM, SW A-List, Hyatt PL
DTW-NRT

Originally Posted by Wiirachay
It's currently scheduled to go as DL276 on 2/5. However, the flight from MNL-NRT on 2/5 still shows the old 744 configuration.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wiirachay
on 2/4 its going NRT - MNL, then on 2/5 its going MNL - NRT then again on the 5th, NRT - DTW. So far, DTW is getting all the love.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.