Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2012, 5:38 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Great news that the first one is nearly complete! Everything points to this one being on the ATL-NRT route. Now, let the speculation begin as to which route the next one will be on. My hope is DTW-NRT since I'm flying that one in early June.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton, HI
Confirmed on DTW-MNL on Feb 11 and MNL-JFK on Feb 27. Wonder whether I will luck out on a flat bed on either leg. If not, I guess I will enjoy 73A for now.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Looking forward to checking out this config!
Old Jan 25, 2012, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by G0H0KIES
Confirmed on DTW-MNL on Feb 11 and MNL-JFK on Feb 27. Wonder whether I will luck out on a flat bed on either leg. If not, I guess I will enjoy 73A for now.
Lieflat UD on the 747 has got to be bliss!
Old Jan 25, 2012, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
The big question is: Will Y have PTVs? Last year it was stated that the first modded 744 would enter service without PTVs in Y. However, it is now believed that the FAA has cleared their installation, which supposedly is the cause of all of these delays.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
The aircraft will have PTVs. And this was NEVER in doubt. from day 1 of the mod the seats were in PEK with PTVs and they were approved already by the FAA. The CO 764 with the new monitors exited mod at the same time as the original 744 timeline. The 2 month delay was fully attributable to the cirrus suites having certification issues. They were delivered on time for the mod, but had later issues that caused the delay. FlyASAGuy had no what he was talking about when he reported on airliners.net several months ago that the first aircraft would not have PTVs in Y. So STOP spreading his misinformation.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
after nearly 18 weeks, this is great news. The inaugural flight with the new mods is boarding now. I wonder what the reactions will be from both the crew and the passengers, who are undoudetdly used to an outdated, uncomfortable 747 which now looks brand new.

I can't wait to see the pictures. I'll be doing my own photo shoot on 11April. The refurbished 744 is steady on ATL - NRT as of that date and I'll be on the upper deck

Also, it should come as no surprise that EF is showing 0's across the fare class spectrum.

J0C0D0I0S0Y0B0M0H0Q0K0L0U0T0E0

What will the turn around time be for the rest of the 744 fleet, 5 -6 weeks?

Last edited by DL2SXM; Jan 25, 2012 at 10:45 pm
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
What are the UD seats like? Which ones have a lttle extra shoulder and storage room, like 7A, 7D, and 14A, 14D on the 777? What happened to the side lockers? Are the overheads any better now on the UD?

Anything noteworthy about how the seats fit into the nose-- any seats with extra space, or less space?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
What are the UD seats like? Which ones have a lttle extra shoulder and storage room, like 7A, 7D, and 14A, 14D on the 777? What happened to the side lockers? Are the overheads any better now on the UD?

Anything noteworthy about how the seats fit into the nose-- any seats with extra space, or less space?
Considering the inaugural flight of recently modded plane doesn't land in DTW for about 4 more hours I think we might want to have a bit of patience before looking for a report from actual pax who were on the plane.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hockeystl
Considering the inaugural flight of recently modded plane doesn't land in DTW for about 4 more hours I think we might want to have a bit of patience before looking for a report from actual pax who were on the plane.
Thats nonsense! Malarky! There should've been a FT member on board that flight and they should've taken pics on their I Phone and immediately uploaded them to this thread. What is the world coming to?

BTW, the flight lands in a little under 3 hours.

I'll bet anyone on here a million dollars that if there are any posts on here regarding the inaugural flight, they will be complaining of something; like the flight attendants didn't know where certain things were which caused a delay in meal service etc
Old Jan 26, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: I've gone dormant. For now.
Originally Posted by hockeystl
What is the inaugural flight?

I did see a charter 747 leave MSP yesterday, at about 1:00. I was on the freeway and pretty surprised to see the 747--I thought it might have been swapped out to NRT, but it was a 9900 flight.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by NWA_5479
What is the inaugural flight?

I did see a charter 747 leave MSP yesterday, at about 1:00. I was on the freeway and pretty surprised to see the 747--I thought it might have been swapped out to NRT, but it was a 9900 flight.
The inaugural flight is infact on its way to DTW as DL276 so its a revenue passenger flight.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
I'll be doing my own photo shoot on 11April. The refurbished 744 is steady on ATL - NRT as of that date and I'll be on the upper deck
Looking forward to seeing those pics. I'm seeing 1 low tier BE award on the ATL-NRT flight on the date I'm traveling DTW-NRT. Unfortunately, I need 2 seats.

I'm tempted to just book the 1 seat on the ATL-NRT route now (in addition to the current DTW-NRT I already have booked) and see if a second seat becomes available on the ATL-NRT flight. I'm assuming that I'll be able to make that change if the second seat becomes available to my current award reservation and get all the miles redeposited for the extra booking. And if a seat never materializes, I'll just cancel that second booking and, again, get the miles redeposited. If that makes sense.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
after nearly 18 weeks, this is great news. The inaugural flight with the new mods is boarding now. I wonder what the reactions will be from both the crew and the passengers, who are undoudetdly used to an outdated, uncomfortable 747 which now looks brand new.

I can't wait to see the pictures. I'll be doing my own photo shoot on 11April. The refurbished 744 is steady on ATL - NRT as of that date and I'll be on the upper deck

Also, it should come as no surprise that EF is showing 0's across the fare class spectrum.

J0C0D0I0S0Y0B0M0H0Q0K0L0U0T0E0

What will the turn around time be for the rest of the 744 fleet, 5 -6 weeks?
Because it's retrofitted? Wow, can't believe that.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
Looking forward to seeing those pics. I'm seeing 1 low tier BE award on the ATL-NRT flight on the date I'm traveling DTW-NRT. Unfortunately, I need 2 seats.

I'm tempted to just book the 1 seat on the ATL-NRT route now (in addition to the current DTW-NRT I already have booked) and see if a second seat becomes available on the ATL-NRT flight. I'm assuming that I'll be able to make that change if the second seat becomes available to my current award reservation and get all the miles redeposited for the extra booking. And if a seat never materializes, I'll just cancel that second booking and, again, get the miles redeposited. If that makes sense.
thats right, you can always cancel out the one seat before T72 if the 2nd low award seat doesnt materialize.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.