Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
As for Etereve, todays dtw-ngo flight is at y8. I'd say there's a chance, a slim one at that, but a cchance that it will wind up as an oversell by departure time and you'll wind up with an OP UP.
Originally Posted by Etereve
I was crossing my fingers for just that, which is why I got excited when inventory started bouncing around as they put the plane in the system. If it happens on top of the new interior I'll invest in lottery tickets.
Lottery tickets acquired
Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Being a regular on JFK-TLV, I'm assuming that it will be the last route with the mod birds. A real shame....
I'm also a semi-regular on this route. Since the JFK-NRT route shares the same planes as JFK-TLV, we may end up seeing this bird once in a while...
Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by Etereve
Lottery tickets acquired
Grats! I look forward to hearing how the new seats are.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by bostonbali
I'm also a semi-regular on this route. Since the JFK-NRT route shares the same planes as JFK-TLV, we may end up seeing this bird once in a while...
Then lets root, root, root for the mods to fly on JFK-NRT-TLV.

I've got a flight in J NRT - JFK on 4/16.

Hopefully by then 3 birds will have the mods.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Then lets root, root, root for the mods to fly on JFK-NRT-TLV.

I've got a flight in J NRT - JFK on 4/16.

Hopefully by then 3 birds will have the mods.
I've got a RT TLV-JFK booked for the 1st week of March - not holding a lot of hope to get an upgraded BE seat by then...
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bostonbali
I've got a RT TLV-JFK booked for the 1st week of March - not holding a lot of hope to get an upgraded BE seat by then...
Hopefully you get it.

Question for everyone is this;

At what point does DL cap the selling of BE seats on the 744's to 48?

The old cabin has 65, the new one 48. There's going to have to come a time when they're forced to do just that, otherwise they will be forced to downgrade potentially up to 17 folks sitting in BE, to Economy.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:48 am

I have a few thoughts on the 777 BE Aerospace aisle facing seat vs. the 747 Weber away from aisle facing seat:

1. It is easier to get in and out of the 777 seat when it is fully reclined, because you just swing your legs out into the aisle and stand up. It looks like you would need to at least partially raise the 747 seat to get out, because you can't simply swing your legs into the aisle.

2. While many do not like the "coffin effect" of having your head in the wall away from the aisle, it seems it would be darker, quieter, and better for sleeping than having your head right by the aisle.

3. I understand why more BE Aerospace seats (56 Upper Class seats on VS) can fit into the same space as a lower number of Weber seats (48 Business Elite seats on DL). The foot area is narrower on both seats, and accessing the seat from the narrower foot side means the seat pitch can be closer with the BE Aerospace seat compared with the Weber seat. VS, CX, and NX get seven rows of BE Aerospace seats in the nose (vs. six rows of Weber seats for DL), and six rows of BE Aerospace seats between doors 1 and 2 (vs. five rows of Weber seats for DL). VS also gets six additional seats in the upper deck. CX is able to put eight additional seats upstairs (but they do not have the pilot crew rest area on the upper deck).
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by meh130
I have a few thoughts on the 777 BE Aerospace aisle facing seat vs. the 747 Weber away from aisle facing seat:

1. It is easier to get in and out of the 777 seat when it is fully reclined, because you just swing your legs out into the aisle and stand up. It looks like you would need to at least partially raise the 747 seat to get out, because you can't simply swing your legs into the aisle.

2. While many do not like the "coffin effect" of having your head in the wall away from the aisle, it seems it would be darker, quieter, and better for sleeping than having your head right by the aisle.

3. I understand why more BE Aerospace seats (56 Upper Class seats on VS) can fit into the same space as a lower number of Weber seats (48 Business Elite seats on DL). The foot area is narrower on both seats, and accessing the seat from the narrower foot side means the seat pitch can be closer with the BE Aerospace seat compared with the Weber seat. VS, CX, and NX get seven rows of BE Aerospace seats in the nose (vs. six rows of Weber seats for DL), and six rows of BE Aerospace seats between doors 1 and 2 (vs. five rows of Weber seats for DL). VS also gets six additional seats in the upper deck. CX is able to put eight additional seats upstairs (but they do not have the pilot crew rest area on the upper deck).
The 777 flat-bed seats are not made by B/E Aerospace, they are made by Contour Aerospace. B/E Aerospace made the old WBC angled-flat seats on the 744s and A330s, as well as the old BusinessElite recliners on the 763ER fleet. However, Delta has signed a contract with B/E Aerospace for the new Y seats (the Pinnacle model) that will be installed on the A330s, as well as the Y seats on the new 739ERs.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Delta 764
The 777 flat-bed seats are not made by B/E Aerospace, they are made by Contour Aerospace. B/E Aerospace made the old WBC angled-flat seats on the 744s and A330s, as well as the old BusinessElite recliners on the 763ER fleet. However, Delta has signed a contract with B/E Aerospace for the new Y seats (the Pinnacle model) that will be installed on the A330s, as well as the Y seats on the new 739ERs.
Thanks for the correction. I remember now BE made the old BE seats.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 7:05 am
Suspended

finally, an update to the product update page. The 747's are showing as being 6% complete.

30%
of transoceanic aircraft
now offer flat-bed seating Completion by Aircraft

B767-400ER
100%

B777
100%

B747-400
6%

B767-300ER
12%

A330
0%
Old Feb 19, 2012, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, A+Elite, Marriott Gold
Flying from US east coast to BKK in Nov in 744 BE with a 2 yo and a 4 yo.
How should we pick the seats? The 2 yo may freak out if she can't see mommy or daddy from her seat.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Chari910
Flying from US east coast to BKK in Nov in 744 BE with a 2 yo and a 4 yo.
How should we pick the seats? The 2 yo may freak out if she can't see mommy or daddy from her seat.
well, i guess your either leaving from DTW or JFK? I'd say, since it seems your traveling in BE, make sure you pick two of the middle rows. All eyes will be on Mommy and Daddy.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
65 to 48, wonder how that will work now for SWU's or awards in J...
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:05 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
finally, an update to the product update page. The 747's are showing as being 6% complete.
I'm guessing that 6% is 1/17 rounded up. So, 16 more to go. Which means roughly 2 per month if Delta plans to have all complete by October. Based on the current pace, I don't see that happening... But here's hoping Delta proves me wrong.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
I'm guessing that 6% is 1/17 rounded up. So, 16 more to go. Which means roughly 2 per month if Delta plans to have all complete by October. Based on the current pace, I don't see that happening... But here's hoping Delta proves me wrong.
6% is 1/16 rounded down. There are only 16 747-400s in Delta's fleet.

I would not use the present rate of completion as an indication of how long it will take to complete them. Past mods have shown they start off slowly, then ramp up to 2-3 aircraft at a time by the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.