Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Booked NYC-AUS tickets two weeks in advance. We were upgraded on both legs three days in advance. We were upgraded the day of the flight on the return, but the flight was cancelled due to bad weather in NYC and we were re-booked the next day into AUS-ATL-NYC in F. I chose a different routing and that maintained the F seat, which is an interesting data point for IRROPS.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA (new!) Silver, AA Hater, Marriott Down to Gold, Hilton grunt
Works for me

I use this each year. Just booked to PGH with my daughter to see the family. Both in 1st and less than 2 SWA or Delta Coach. She likes to ride in the front of the bus so I buy 1 and get 1 for a more exciting vacation.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: delta dm
Successful every time and every year. Funny thread. Thread should read who hasn't been successful.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL DM
Booked JFK-LAX RT last week, just a few days before travel. Was easy. C+ both ways.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Booked with the Plat certificate for the first time since the new upgrade policy went into effect. I was able to find flights that worked well on T fares both directions about 7 weeks out. "Upgrades" to C+ cleared immediately on all 4 segments. I'm hopeful with the rules about companions carrying the member's status and the timing of our flights that we'll even clear to F on one or two segments.
As an active duty military member you need to upgrade to the Delta Reserve AmEx!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by OnTimePlease
I use this each year. Just booked to PGH with my daughter to see the family. Both in 1st and less than 2 SWA or Delta Coach. She likes to ride in the front of the bus so I buy 1 and get 1 for a more exciting vacation.
This certificates are only good for travel in the continental 48-states. How did you use it to India (PGH)?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
This certificates are only good for travel in the continental 48-states. How did you use it to India (PGH)?
I think "PGH" is an unofficial code for "PIT" (Pittsburgh).
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
Data point...
Booked tickets today using ADCC - started off with selecting the coupon, went through booking, LUT flights shown, booked, no issues for Main Cabin booking.
By the time we got the email confirmation, my wife and I (both DMs) were upgraded to C+.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by BHammy
Data point...
Booked tickets today using ADCC - started off with selecting the coupon, went through booking, LUT flights shown, booked, no issues for Main Cabin booking.
By the time we got the email confirmation, my wife and I (both DMs) were upgraded to C+.
I'm guessing you have C+ upgrades checked.

I don't, so after purchase I had to go in and select C+ and fortunately we were both upgraded to SU (PMs) Same result.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
As an active duty military member you need to upgrade to the Delta Reserve AmEx!
I have both! Flying to LAS today in F using my Reserve cert.

Actually, interesting data point for that. Booked in A w/cert for myself (PM) and non-status spouse. When I checked in, I looked at the SDC options, and it gave me 3 options online to change to for free. I even clicked through to the second page and confirmed it showed $0 for 2 passengers.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I have both! Flying to LAS today in F using my Reserve cert.

Actually, interesting data point for that. Booked in A w/cert for myself (PM) and non-status spouse. When I checked in, I looked at the SDC options, and it gave me 3 options online to change to for free. I even clicked through to the second page and confirmed it showed $0 for 2 passengers.
Now that you mention it, I had a similar thing with Mrs. Lee using a Plat cert MSY-ATL. I was ready to pay the $50 (or is it $75 now?) to SDC (I'm PM, she is general member), but got all the way through with no charge.

In fact, a couple of the options even indicated a small refund since the new fare was cheaper than what we'd originally booked.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:56 am

I am trying to book MSP-MIA return flight using companion certificate. However, not all available non-stop options show up when I try to use certificate.

Did any one have success in calling delta CS and asking them to apply certificate to the flights I want?

I would rather avoid connection.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by DiamondInTheRough
I am trying to book MSP-MIA return flight using companion certificate. However, not all available non-stop options show up when I try to use certificate.

Did any one have success in calling delta CS and asking them to apply certificate to the flights I want?

I would rather avoid connection.
They will transfer you to the companion desk, but there is a common issue of not all flights appearing on the booking page even when the appropriate fare class is available for 2 passengers. Give them a call.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Got MSN<>TPA on my Amex companion certificate with ease, even during spring break period. Also both of us were upgraded to F on 2 of 3 eligible legs and C+ on 3rd. Quite pleased!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
After failing to use my companion cert last year I was just able to book our trip WAS - RAP to go to Sturgis for Bike Week.

Originally was going to cost 50K miles each, but got the fare for $560 for the 2 of us.

Now if we can just get his bike there - ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.