Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Thumbs down FO < Medallion

Originally Posted by pokeable
Because we (FOs) don't matter. FAs don't even waste their breath to include us at the end of a sentence thanking Medallions for our business. At first I thought it was funny...but with SkyPriority....seriously, why stay loyal to a company who really doesn't care if you aren't GM?
Yeah, I'm definitely not a happy camper. Here's the letter I just sent to Delta - it'll be interesting to hear their reply...

Hi,

I wanted to send you a few comments and some feedback about the new Sky Priority program.

In short, I think Delta has made some terrible decisions in regard to the implementation of Sky Priority. While I am only a Silver Medallion right now I have been a Gold Medallion in the past. Elite level aside, there are some serious shortcomings and slap-in-the-face elements of this new modification to the "Best in Class" service.

Boarding is a disaster with First Class/Business Elite passengers being placed in the same zone as GM/PM/DM members. Why is it that FC does not have its own Zone for boarding? Then allow all Medallion members (including Silver) to board in Zone 2. The Breezeway system was working very well, so why change it? It's a clear reduction in service to paying FC/BE customers to have to board with 50+ people in Zone 1. Similarly, whereas I could theoretically be #17 to board (assuming a FC cabin of 16 seats) under the old system as a Silver Medallion there are times on Elite-heavy flights where I may now be #50 at best. How is this not a reduction in benefits?

I am also appalled at the fact that all in-flight announcements welcoming Medallion members specifically EXCLUDE a mention of Silver Medallions. That is the biggest slap-in-the-face I've ever received for my loyalty. I cannot fathom such a move from Northwest (where I began my loyalty) and am yet again dismayed by the direction the SkyMiles program is headed under Delta post-merger. It costs nothing to have the FAs make an announcement and takes up less than a second of their time so I truly do not understand this recent change in direction. I don't know what anyone can say to convince me that this is not a clear message from Delta that they do not value the loyalty of their Silver Medallions.

Quite simply, I am anything but impressed by the current implementation and roll-out of Sky Priority. I appreciate free upgrades and waived baggage fees and the other things that come with being an Elite and realize that I am not entitled to them on every flight. That has never been an issue. However, to be so seemingly pushed aside as a Silver Medallion while being told that none of my benefits have been reduced is, quite frankly, insulting.

I sincerely hope that my thoughts are taken into consideration and forwarded to the appropriate people within Delta and SkyMiles.

Regards,
[stdatwmu]
Old May 21, 2010, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Boarding in PHL was a cluster today...

Boarded those needing assistance or with children (Which I generally support).

Then they announced "General Boarding, zone 1... " Did not do the "unofficial" FC first.

Chaos and congestion... PAX crowding around the Priority Lane

In the spirit of searching to see the glass half full... having all of these extra people in the vicinity of the gate makes it easier to avoid the TSA "We'll pull the first three folks out of line, but totally randomly... because we're afraid we missed something at the main checkpoint... secondary screening...". It certainly was a target-rich environment for them.
Old May 21, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: Former 16 year Gold Medallion
I just printed my boarding pass online and I think I got a certificate for one bottle of "New Coke!" courtesy of its companion program "SkyPriority!"
Old May 21, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Boarding is a sick joke now with Sky Priority; but I feel like this is one thing that no matter how many pages of complaining they have here from us FTers, isnt going to make a difference. They aren't going to change everything back.
Old May 21, 2010, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by stdatwmu
Yeah, I'm definitely not a happy camper. Here's the letter I just sent to Delta - it'll be interesting to hear their reply...
Well it's about as thorough of a reply as you'd expect from the "Best in Class" loyalty program...

Dear [stdatwmu],

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Delta's SkyMiles program.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Sky Priority
program. We appreciate receiving your suggestions. Many customers
share their feedback with us, and these observations often form the
basis for improvements in our service. We will be sharing your
suggestion with the responsible Delta leadership team. If they require
additional information, we will be in touch with you.

We genuinely appreciate your support and trust.

Sincerely,

[name]
Online Customer Support Desk
Seriously, the response via email from DL is absolutely pathetic compared to the great service we used to get through NW's TTU.
Old May 21, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Well it's about as thorough of a reply as you'd expect from the "Best in Class" loyalty program...

Seriously, the response via email from DL is absolutely pathetic compared to the great service we used to get through NW's TTU.
Not only pathetic, but truly pitiful! I pity DL for how far they have allowed the Skymiles and elite programs have deteriorated, and I pity us, the loyal cutomers who have to endure this sillyness for doing nothing more than being loyal. HA! Some best in class this is!

PS. To think, I status matched over from US in 2008, and now I am ready to status match over to CO in less than two months! 23 years with US, just 2 years with DL. How pitiful is that?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old May 21, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I am also appalled at the fact that all in-flight announcements welcoming Medallion members specifically EXCLUDE a mention of Silver Medallions.
I noticed that too. Although as a DM I wasn't offended I couldn't imagine what the point of excluding Silvers was. It certainly didn't make me feel more exclusive.
Old May 21, 2010, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Stripe
I noticed that too. Although as a DM I wasn't offended I couldn't imagine what the point of excluding Silvers was. It certainly didn't make me feel more exclusive.
Just another indication that FO will be phased out.

DL management will have their three elite tiers back... it will just take more MQMs to retain your relative position in the hierarchy.

DL Management will have achieved what they sought.

Manipulation...
Old May 21, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by USirritated
Why don't you just send AA your medallion credentials and status match on AA now? Since you are going to make gold with them anyway, you will not have to worry about the short year making you come up short on miles, so you might as well use status match to get gold benefits now, right?
I had understood AA doesn't do direct status matches, only challenges. Not interested in paying them for a challenge. I can live with no status for a few months.
Old May 21, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Just another indication that FO will be phased out.

DL management will have their three elite tiers back... it will just take more MQMs to retain your relative position in the hierarchy.

DL Management will have achieved what they sought.

Manipulation...
I left US because they were depreciating their elite program in a variety of ways, including manipulation, among those, reducing the size of F on ALL of their planes, both domestic and interntional. Now it seems like I will be leaving DL for the very same reason. How many other people are going to status match to another airline in the next few months because of DL's BS?
Old May 21, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Even as a Platinum, this is extremely disturbing to me. It gives me a very bad feeling about where Delta might be going with the treatment of their customers. Bothers me more than even the cattle car sky Priority boarding mess that is the norm now.
Old May 21, 2010, 1:02 pm

I had understood AA doesn't do direct status matches, only challenges. Not interested in paying them for a challenge. I can live with no status for a few months.
PAYING them for a challenge? I have never been aware of any elite program which allows challenges which requires payment in order to be offered or to complete a challenge. You might want to contact AAdvantage to confirm what you are saying about AA's challenge requirements.
Old May 21, 2010, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, American GLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
PAYING them for a challenge? I have never been aware of any elite program which allows challenges which requires payment in order to be offered or to complete a challenge. You might want to contact AAdvantage to confirm what you are saying about AA's challenge requirements.
You have to pay a fee (I believe it's $150 or something like that) for the status challenge on AA.
Old May 21, 2010, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by pitbulllover
You have to pay a fee (I believe it's $150 or something like that) for the status challenge on AA.
I just studied up for it. The fee is $80 for mid-tier, and $150 for top-tier.
Old May 21, 2010, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I just studied up for it. The fee is $80 for mid-tier, and $150 for top-tier.
Do try again.

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...lenge_%28AA%29

AA gold = entry tier: $80

AA plat = middle tier: $150

AA Executive Platinum, EXP in AA-speak: no challenge thought to be offered as a rule

Recall that AA's unlimited domestic upgrades start at EXP. Lower elites buy or earn 500-mile 'stickers'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.