Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DL DM & 2MM
Originally Posted by rylan
While I'm glad it worked out well for you and the GA came on the plane to provide the upgrade, I hate to tell you that this is not a new feature of skypriority. You happened to get a nice GA who actually took the time and effort to upgrade people from the list after they boarded. That is a few and far-between occurance as many others have experienced.
While I agree with you that this hasn't been the case much before and definitely the exception rather then the norm, based on two separate experiences with different GAs in as many flights I'm hopeful that they are now making a concerted effort to grab medallions who have already boarded who were next on the list. We'll see if this trend continues.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Originally Posted by thezipper
Does Kavika Maikai sound like an Indian name to you it does to me... I'm just sayin... maybe they didn't stop offshoreing everything... might explain the crazy responses people have been getting when writing in to customer care...
I don't think they post their "actual" names. Pretty sure I got a response from Clint Eastwood once....I mean ... is that, at least use a name like Bill McNeil or something no one outside of NewsRadio fans will recognize as being fake.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
I noticed on my last trip on 2 of the 4 flts that the GA called First before calling any zones. Not sure if they did this on their own or if a policy change is afoot.
Old May 10, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by thezipper
Does Kavika Maikai sound like an Indian name to you it does to me... I'm just sayin... maybe they didn't stop offshoreing everything... might explain the crazy responses people have been getting when writing in to customer care...
Sounds vaguely Salt Lake City-ish. You may be just sayin but you say bad. Real bad.
Old May 10, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Customer Service, of all kinds, for all sorts of companies, is located in various locations, worldwide. However, since the USA is a melting pot, a nation of immigrants, a name is, foreign sounding or not, meaningless.

This person might be in Mombai, or might be in The Philippines, or might also be the first generation US born child of foreign born, US immigrants who settled in Dallas, Texas; or Omaha, Nebraska; or Eagan, Minnesota; or Salt Lake City, Utah; and whose first generation US born child now works for Delta (former Northwest) in Chisholm, Minnesota.

The real question is, from the way your comment/question was posed, does it really matter, or even more importantly, why does it matter to you? I can assure you, from the way you posed your comment/question, that it does not matter to the vast majority of the FlyerTalk users!
Old May 10, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by pmaddock
I noticed on my last trip on 2 of the 4 flts that the GA called First before calling any zones. Not sure if they did this on their own or if a policy change is afoot.
Either way, from your mouth to G's ears, let us just hope that this will be a viral behavior for all gate agents, going forward!
Old May 10, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
So is there still "pre-boarding" with families w/ infants, disabled individuals, children flying alone, FAM, Haywood Jablome with a stubbed toe, etc...or do they just lump all these people in with Zone 1?
Old May 10, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by pmaddock
Last night flying from ATL-MCI, the ATL GA announced FC Boarding. FC was about 80% full and seated before I saw others boarding. The GA bumped two FF's to first and while he was in the front, I thanked him for boarding FC and then the rest of Zone 1. He didn't say that there was a policy change, but he did say that he has regonzied the "Zoo" when he calls zone 1 on most flights.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by jtrue28
So is there still "pre-boarding" with families w/ infants, disabled individuals, children flying alone, FAM, Haywood Jablome with a stubbed toe, etc...or do they just lump all these people in with Zone 1?
Still pre-boarding on my last six or so segments...
Old May 10, 2010, 12:10 pm

I have noticed that gate agents have returned to pre-boarding on my last four segments, though I have no idea whether this is due to Delta impetus, or independent impetus on the part of the gate agents. Somehow, I am thinking that it is independent impetus on the part of the gate agents, in an attempt to make the passenger experience, and their own job, easier/better, but I have no way of confirming that.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
JFK, T3 gate #23 (the RJ pen). I've gone out of there a dozen times and I don't recall ever having them call SkyPriority. They just say "Now boarding all zones all rows flt XXXX". And, they make no distinction between SkyPriority Boarding Lane and anything else. It's a mad dash for the gate. Please, they need some training there. I understand they may not call Zone 1 if there's only two of us, but for heaven's sake, don't train PAX to ignore SkyPriority. That's only setting up further problems down the road.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by BobRoss
JFK, T3 gate #23 (the RJ pen). I've gone out of there a dozen times and I don't recall ever having them call SkyPriority. They just say "Now boarding all zones all rows flt XXXX". And, they make no distinction between SkyPriority Boarding Lane and anything else. It's a mad dash for the gate. Please, they need some training there. I understand they may not call Zone 1 if there's only two of us, but for heaven's sake, don't train PAX to ignore SkyPriority. That's only setting up further problems down the road.
+1 Bingo! I noticed pretty much the same the one time I have flown an RJ since the inception of Sky Priority.
Old May 10, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, Priority Club Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by USirritated
Either way, from your mouth to G's ears, let us just hope that this will be a viral behavior for all gate agents, going forward!
True that! This boarding issue is getting ridiculous... The bigger question is how DL brass never foresaw this freakish nightmare???
Old May 10, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, Priority Club Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Sounds vaguely Salt Lake City-ish. You may be just sayin but you say bad. Real bad.
I spoke to a CS rep via the Platinum line that was supposedly in Salt Lake City, but had a think Mumbai accent, so I asked him in what part of SLC the airport was located. He told me North Salt Lake.

Guess again!

On the other hand, he could have been new to the area, but I prefer to call shenanigans!
Old May 10, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by USirritated
I have noticed that gate agents have returned to pre-boarding on my last four segments, though I have no idea whether this is due to Delta impetus, or independent impetus on the part of the gate agents. Somehow, I am thinking that it is independent impetus on the part of the gate agents, in an attempt to make the passenger experience, and their own job, easier/better, but I have no way of confirming that.
Yeah, I've noticed this as well. Initially it was "Zone 1" but I've definitely noticed now it's predominately "First class", then ??? (I don't stick around to find out ). To me, this seems like a more sane boarding process. As a GM, I really don't need to line up with the F PAX if I'm not in F. I would absolutely love (tweak as appropriate for aircraft w/o F) Zone 1 (F), Zone 2 (SkyPriority not in F), Zone 3 (FOs?), Zone 4, Zone 5, Zone 6, ..., Zone n. That's a lot of Zones, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.