Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
OOPS!! You are correct, I did not realize that AA Gold was entry level (almost every other airline that uses precious metals and gems for tiers, Gold is mid-level, and silver is entry, although I believe AS has gold as top-tier), and I forgot that there was a difference between AA Plat, and AA Exec Plat! My apologies!
Old May 21, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Even as a Platinum, this is extremely disturbing to me. It gives me a very bad feeling about where Delta might be going with the treatment of their customers. Bothers me more than even the cattle car sky Priority boarding mess that is the norm now.
The sad thing about it is, even with the overwhelming evidence and complaints by elites of all levels, that DL will only figure it out, and reform themselves, if at all, AFTER they have lost THOUSANDS of elites, who are status matching or status challenging to other airlines.
Old May 21, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Originally Posted by USirritated
I left US because they were depreciating their elite program in a variety of ways, including manipulation, among those, reducing the size of F on ALL of their planes, both domestic and interntional. Now it seems like I will be leaving DL for the very same reason. How many other people are going to status match to another airline in the next few months because of DL's BS?
If you do and actually find greener pastures please send me a PM. So far it looks the old frying pan and fire story.

Not trying to flame. I really do want to learn of truly grenner pastures.
Old May 21, 2010, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion
Get over it!

I have been reading with amusement the comments that have been made regarding Delta's Sky Priority program. But, the comments have increasing gotten further and further from realty that I finally had to register and provide my own feedback.

Sky Priority is great!

As a Delta Gold Medallion I have been upgraded 8 times during my last 10 flights. The two times I wasn't upgraded a "Have One On Us" coupon printed with my boarding pass. I could have printed the coupon as many times as I wanted, and most likely could have used one for a snack and one for a drink ....or two. The FAs have barely even glanced at the coupon.

Boarding has not been an issue. When in FC, it wasn't any inconvenience to board with the other Zone 1'ers. When not in FC, it was a bonus to board with FC. Sure there was Gate Lice. But that happened even before Priority Boarding. There will always be people trying to be the first one on the plane. Just as there are people trying to be the first one off the plane. Nobody has tried to put their luggage in FC, that didn't belong there.

I have been on previous flights where I was in FC and all of the overhead space was taken, and I have had to put my carry on in Y. Big deal! So I had to wait an extra 5 minutes to get off the plane! That happened even before Priority Boarding!

Priority Check-In has been a breeze, except in Atlanta - no kiosk, had to deal with a live person who didn't seem to know how to find my flight info. But 5 minutes later my bag was checked-in and I was on my way.

I’m not sure why there is such hostility towards Sky Priority, particularly from Platinum and Diamond Medallions. Why are they so upset that Silver Medallions aren’t receiving the Sky Priority benefits? If I’m happy with the program as a GM, shouldn’t they be even more pleased? Enough already! Be happy with the freebies you receive! If you want to be in FC - buy a FC ticket. If you want a snack or a drink - buy one. If Delta gives it to you free of charge - be thankful and fly more frequently to get more.

If you're not happy with Delta's Sky Priority - stop flying on Delta and quit complaining.

Last edited by RealisticFlyingUpdates; May 21, 2010 at 4:31 pm
Old May 21, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by RealisticFlyingUpdates
I have been reading with amusement the comments that have been made regarding Delta's Sky Priority program. But, the comments have increasing gotten further and further from realty that I finally had to register and provide my own feedback.

Sky Priority is great!

As a Delta Gold Medallion I have been upgraded 8 times during my last 10 flights. The two times I wasn't upgraded a "Have One On Us" coupon printed with my boarding pass. I could have printed the coupon as many times as I wanted, and most likely could have used one for a snack and one for a drink ....or two. The FAs have barely even glanced at the coupon.

Boarding has not been an issue. When in FC, it wasn't any inconvenience to board with the other Zone 1'ers. When not in FC, it was a bonus to board with FC. Sure there was Gate Lice. But that happened even before Priority Boarding. There will always be people trying to be the first one on the plane. Just as there are people trying to be the first one off the plane. Nobody has tried to put their luggage in FC, that didn't belong there.

I have been on previous flights where I was in FC and all of the overhead space was taken, and I have had to put my carry on in Y. Big deal! So I had to wait an extra 5 minutes to get off the plane! That happened even before Priority Boarding!

Priority Check-In has been a breeze, except in Atlanta - no kiosk, had to deal with a live person who didn't seem to know how to find my flight info. But 5 minutes later my bag was checked-in and I was on my way.

I’m not sure why there is such hostility towards Sky Priority, particularly from Platinum and Diamond Medallions. Why are they so upset that Silver Medallions aren’t receiving the Sky Priority benefits? If I’m happy with the program as a GM, shouldn’t they be even more pleased? Enough already! Be happy with the freebies you receive! If you want to be in FC - buy a FC ticket. If you want a snack or a drink - buy one. If Delta gives it to you free of charge - be thankful and fly more frequently to get more.

If you're not happy with Delta's Sky Priority - stop flying on Delta and quit complaining.

Thank you for telling us that we should all be happy with your travel experience.
Old May 21, 2010, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I’m not sure why there is such hostility towards Sky Priority, particularly from Platinum and Diamond Medallions. Why are they so upset that Silver Medallions aren’t receiving the Sky Priority benefits? If I’m happy with the program as a GM, shouldn’t they be even more pleased? Enough already! Be happy with the freebies you receive!
Umm, because Sky Priority is just marketing/packaging - existing benefits and a free drink in coach, and a downgrade in benefits for Silvers? And when the world is burning down for Skypesos redemption, no less, this is where Delta is 'investing'...
Old May 21, 2010, 6:29 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer

Sky Priority is great!

Oh, another low-count poster drunk with Widget Wine.

Welcome to this august body; perhaps you could help the less astute among us redeem our piles of miles for international premium class travel.

Help us Obi-Wan, you're our only hope.
Old May 21, 2010, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by mike_plat
Thank you for telling us that we should all be happy with your travel experience.
Been a long day, needed this
Old May 21, 2010, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"

Sky Priority is great!
Do you work for DL? Seriously.

SkyPriority is a diversion from the wholesale lack of integrity of SM.

I don't care a whit about the useless SP. I don't have high expectations, really. Heck, I don't expect anything near the level of CS of UA 1K or AA EXP.

I want an award tool that works as well as US Airways' system. I want customer service that is the equal of the UA or US nonelite, general member helpline. I want customer agents who at least make an honest effort to fix problems.

Just match US Airways' nonelite program performance in these ways.
Old May 21, 2010, 8:06 pm

I like what they did at LAX. They moved TSA for Sky Priority to the top of the stairs and have dedicated screening lanes. The Sky Priority ticketing area is nice, has a bathroom, and is always uncrowded.

As always Delta customer service is great, it's what they've been known for and don't disappoint.
Old May 21, 2010, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by redtailshark
Do you work for DL? Seriously.

I don't care a whit about the useless SP. I don't have high expectations, really. Heck, I don't expect anything near the level of CS of UA 1K or AA EXP.

I want an award tool that works as well as US Airways' system. I want customer service that is the equal of the UA or US nonelite, general member helpline. I want customer agents who at least make an honest effort to fix problems.

Just match US Airways' nonelite program performance in these ways.
I didn't see in his post where he mentioned working for Delta.
Old May 21, 2010, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC

I tend to agree, I am wondering what else they will take from SM, Elite checkin at the ticket counter and bag fees? I would not be to surprised.
Old May 21, 2010, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I’m not sure why there is such hostility towards Sky Priority, particularly from Platinum and Diamond Medallions. Why are they so upset that Silver Medallions aren’t receiving the Sky Priority benefits? If I’m happy with the program as a GM, shouldn’t they be even more pleased?
When I want to know how a person or an organization is capable of treating me, I watch how they treat others.

You have just articulated the "It's not a problem unless it's my problem" ethos that is far too common here on FT.

And you hit the bullseye on your very first post!

Once DL Management learns what they can get away with when mistreating FO, they'll come after the GMs.

Post again when you feel them biting at your heels.
Old May 21, 2010, 9:31 pm

I want customer agents who at least make an honest effort to fix problems.
DL does have a very weird culture of NO (working hand in hand with "I can't"), among its customer contact personnel, at almost all levels, including management in many cases!
Old May 21, 2010, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
When I want to know how a person or an organization is capable of treating me, I watch how they treat others.

You have just articulated the "It's not a problem unless it's my problem" ethos that is far too common here on FT.

And you hit the bullseye on your very first post!

Once DL Management learns what they can get away with when mistreating FO, they'll come after the GMs.

Post again when you feel them biting at your heels.
What you said is spot on correct! What you said reminds me of a famous quote, and while very, VERY SEVERE AND EXTREME, it is about only looking out for and caring about yourself, and not for others:

“In Germany they first came for the Communists,
and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me —
and by that time no one was left to speak up.”

-Martin Niemoller

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.