Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider
We hear you and have already posted as much. A totally separate team is working on that project.

SMI
SMI:

Any comments on how this represents a devaluation of benefits to customers like myself who PURCHASE first class (A/F fares) 90+% of the time?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Thanks for the update.

So I guess the Breezeway is being replaced by the SP lane, correct?

Another question. If not upgraded at check in, I get a coupon for a drink/snack. If a gate upgrade is received, does the coupon then expire, or can I save them up or give to a friend in Y?
Breezway lanes will be replaced with Sky Priority lanes. The coupon is valid for the itinerary of travel and expires at the end of the trip.

Originally Posted by humanoid94
The only other thing I would have liked to have seen from Sky Priority would have been some free internet access.
We are still working on that part...no timelines to report.

Originally Posted by DLNYC
So just to clarify, the free drink/snack coupon is only available for online check-in, not kiosk or desk?
It will only be available for OLCI.

SkyMilesInsider
As always, thanks for the update!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
SMI,

I don't know how everyone here feels but I'll gladly give up my drink for Internet access, as I really don't consume that many social beverages.

Have our sign-on be our Skymiles # and the password our pin. Verify we are indeed on the flight manifest (ticketed etc so people don't share it with friends) and ba-da-bing.

Alcohol is a hard cost. Internet is soft since it's a service.

And while you're at it, really, pretty, pretty please add power ports to EVERY 1st class seat. Power's just about useless in the back for a laptop since you KNOW the guy in front of you is just going to recline into your space and you can't even open the laptop.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP
SMI,

Thanks for the detailed info! I am really excited and interested to see these changes get implemented (already the Priority bag tags have been a great success for me!).

I'll also echo the concern for the Zone 1 boarding overload, but I will be cautiously optimistic and see what happens in practice.

Glad I did that MR last year to hit Gold

quick question: Is the boarding process 'harmonized' with the regional carriers that don't have F? Currently, all Medallions would board in Zone 1 on an RJ -- will the RJ boarding process (without F cabin) be the same as outlined here? THANKS!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
EXCELLENT news. THANK YOU for the update. The free drink/snack coupon is a great touch. Thanks, Delta.
For those of us who drink the free stuff anyway (like Coke Zero!) thanks for including the snack option. ^^^
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:45 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Can I have the old signs and carpets

Breezway lanes will be replaced with Sky Priority lanes. The coupon is valid for the itinerary of travel and expires at the end of the trip.

SkyMilesInsider
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:48 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by BobRoss
quick question: Is the boarding process 'harmonized' with the regional carriers that don't have F? Currently, all Medallions would board in Zone 1 on an RJ -- will the RJ boarding process (without F cabin) be the same as outlined here? THANKS!
One of the goals of Sky Priority is that it is offered consistantly across Delta and Delta Connection. The boarding process (zones 1 and 2) will be the same.

SMI
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by crazygrow
Sounds like a bad thing for first class flyers as now we have to board with a million other people (gold/plats who are not upgraded, etc.). On many of my flights, this could be 70+ people trying to board in Zone 1.
This sounds like what Alaska Airlines does....where they board the 16 FC seats + all of their MVP golds at the same time. it's a zoo on a lot of flights.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Sounds like an exact copy of Continental's Elite Access program, which we've had for many years - with the key difference being Continental didn't tell its Silver members that they don't really matter.
That's what it will sound like to many DL Silvers -- not that DL management will necessarily really care.

At least it seems like DL Golds, Plats and Diamonds may get a bit more than before.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL PM
^ for the drink/snack coupons, a very nice touch. I'm a bit worried about the new zone 1, though. It seems to be fixing something that wasn't really broken IMHO (and throwing FOs under the bus). My main worry is that this makes the pre-flight beverage service in F more of a mess in any AC that boards from the forward door.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It's nice to read that OAL SkyTeam ElitePlus will be included too.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by runninaway
^ for the drink/snack coupons, a very nice touch. I'm a bit worried about the new zone 1, though. It seems to be fixing something that wasn't really broken IMHO (and throwing FOs under the bus). My main worry is that this makes the pre-flight beverage service in F more of a mess in any AC that boards from the forward door.
Maybe, in Delta's mind, that is the next logical step: Eliminate the pre-flight beverage. Let's take down the closet as well and stuff in two more first class seats. Oh, and PTV stuff will no longer be free in first either, we will give you a drink coupon instead.

If I didn't need the workspace, this flyer would quit buying first immediately.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by thezipper
Can I have the old signs and carpets
Seriously, a breezeway sign would look great in the hallway leading to my den... Come on Scoopy hook us up! I might even be willing to trade my "Last Beer Ever Served at the DCA World Club" bottle for it.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
One of the goals of Sky Priority is that it is offered consistantly across Delta and Delta Connection. The boarding process (zones 1 and 2) will be the same.

SMI
Count me in the camp of thinking this is a bad idea. The consistency of boarding across DL and DL connection is just not that important compared to the boarding issues that this will create on mainline. I predict that if you really listen to the feed back, this will be one of the first changes made.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta - Silver
Can someone please help me understand why people are getting excited over a free drink / snack coupon!? Weren't all of these benefits present before under the skymiles program? How does this differ from what was already provided? Perhaps I'm just remembering the way that NWA did things, but this is all the exact same, aside for the coupon.

If this is the best that Delta marketing can muster up, re-branding of existing benefits... they've wasted a lot of money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.