US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by bison0094
Also, has anybody ever submitted a photo for the contest to win Flexpoints?
Any trouble with submissions?

I tried it for the first time this month and my submission was held in pending mode for a week and was finally approved. It cost me 10 days worth of potential votes.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

My wife just submitted a photo for this "Flexperks Traveler Photo Contest", and the turnaround was only a day or two.

p.s., if anyone feels like clicking here and sending a vote our way, it would be much appreciated! I'm not a good enough a photographer to win the "judges prize" so I'm hoping for the popular vote.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
I voted

Originally Posted by baronworm
My wife just submitted a photo for this "Flexperks Traveler Photo Contest", and the turnaround was only a day or two.

p.s., if anyone feels like clicking here and sending a vote our way, it would be much appreciated! I'm not a good enough a photographer to win the "judges prize" so I'm hoping for the popular vote.
Cute couple. You got my vote. Good luck!
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
I just redeemed my second batch of Daily Feats points for FlexPoints. My first batch posted without a hitch, 2 months after redeeming. They post along with your regular FlexPoints from spending, so you have to look at your statements to see if they posted (rather than looking for a block of 500 points posted by themselves on the FlexPoints site).
thank you so much for the reminder on the daily feats promotion! had meant to sign up when i saw it advertised on the us bank bill a few months ago but of course never got around to it promo code thatsfit50 still works for 100 points and you only need 90 to redeem for 500 flexperks points!

just noticed i was charged the annual fee even though i'm 2 weeks away from my one year anniversary. called and was given a 3500 retention bonus which should post with my next statement. i know others have gotten up to 7500 points but i didnt push too hard since i have ~50K unredeemed points in the account (and really wouldn't have cancelled ). was also offered the option to convert the card to a cash + visa cc.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:59 am

Yikes, I screwed this up. I decided to switch to Business card and update Business Checking to Business Platinum in order to get the .5 pt bonus. And did all my spending on that card this month to get me up to free annual fee.

Bought $23K at Grocery Stores in order to get the double bonus pts, like I did the prior month on my Personal flexperks card. But didn't see the double bonus pts on statement that came out today.

Reading the fine print the Business card does not have the Grocery bonus category! What an idiot. Besides that I am getting a hassle on the .5 Plat business account. I changed to Plat Bus in mid July and have my July Check statement showing as Platinum. Did my spending in August and now US Bank is saying that account is not Platinum. That someone changed it back to non-Plat. They are investigating.

Looks like I lost 1.5 pts than if I had just used my Personal card instead. Oh well it was free pts anyway, but a bit upsetting to loose $700 in value due to not recognizing the difference in the category bonus. The business card throws in office supplies instead of grocery, argh. Gas and Airlines are the same.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
The business card throws in office supplies instead of grocery, argh. Gas and Airlines are the same.
And, as you probably know, the bonus points on the business card are only awarded annually instead of monthly, as used to be the case with the personal card.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by PhillyInvestor
And, as you probably know, the bonus points on the business card are only awarded annually instead of monthly, as used to be the case with the personal card.
I understand that they are applied annually, and this was the end of my annual cycle.

Now USBank got back to me and said the Platinum bonus has ended on the Business card as well and the notification would have been on the July statement. And therefore there is no bonus. (I didn't have a July statement because I haven't had any spending on the account since the initial $2500 at the end of last year.

(I looked online now and the application for the Business card no longer shows the Platinum bonus.) The application clearly showed the Platinum bonus back in July when I set up the Platinum checking account.

I don't know if I would have received the bonus had I did the spending while the bonus was still in affect.

I was never really certain I would get the .5 bonus because I changed to Platinum so recently, but am more upset about my missing the category difference.

If anyone has the Business Plat, let me know if you receive bonus pts for spending after July 15th.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
Now USBank got back to me and said the Platinum bonus has ended on the Business card as well and the notification would have been on the July statement.
Well I'll be darned... all mentions of the business bonus have been removed from the website as well.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Annual fee posted so I called fishing for a retention offer and only got offered a downgrade to a no-fee card. I'll try again on another day and if not I guess I'll cancel it. Oh well. Maybe $10k spend in last year on the card.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:57 am

Has anybody had any issues with USbank closing accounts due to excessive manufactured spend? I'd like to throw 7-8k a month (not much to some, lots to others, etc) in grocery spend on the personal card for the 2x points and am wondering if any others have run into trouble here. That level would be 50-70% of my CL.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyInvestor
Well I'll be darned... all mentions of the business bonus have been removed from the website as well.
I looked at June Checking statement (not the CC statement), and I see it states language about changes on Aug 10, and Aug 12th regarding not needing a visa check card etc. And it also says to contact them about other changes, lol.

I bet this went into affect the same time as the Personal change on 8/12, and they won't give an annual bonus because my account annual anniversary was 8/14, or besides that someone at US Bank changed my account from Platinum to Edge according to their system.

Last edited by FlyingBoat; Aug 15, 2013 at 1:49 pm
Old Aug 15, 2013, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by StevenH123
Annual fee posted so I called fishing for a retention offer and only got offered a downgrade to a no-fee card. I'll try again on another day and if not I guess I'll cancel it. Oh well. Maybe $10k spend in last year on the card.
family member's annual fee posted yesterday and wasn't offered a retention bonus either. apparently we have 30 days to close the account in order to be credited the annual fee. may transfer points out of this account and close if the fee isn't waived.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 4:24 am

Got a 10k retention bonus, but that was after I put nearly all my regular spend + gift cards from grocery stores onto my card to take advantage of the 50% platinum checking bonus. Now that the bonus has ended, I will be putting spend on my other cards.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:32 am

My annual fee just posted as well. Looking to call in the next couple days and see if I can get a retention bonus to offset that. Will post back here with the results. Crossing my fingers!
Old Aug 16, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday
Got a 10k retention bonus, but that was after I put nearly all my regular spend + gift cards from grocery stores onto my card to take advantage of the 50% platinum checking bonus. Now that the bonus has ended, I will be putting spend on my other cards.
10K retention bonus? Wow!

I was only offered 5K
Old Aug 16, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Hmm, I didn't try fishing for a retention offer, I just used some of my points to pay off the annual fee.

One small thing that I have noticed- My local YMCA gets coded as a charity, so I get triple points for my monthly gym membership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.