US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by digital330
3500 point for 3K spend on account with lots of MS

3500 point for 1.5K spend on account with some MS

both from mailed post cards that directed to following website,
http://flexperkspromos.usbank.com/
Yup, bet the spend requirement is based on existing card spend.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Yup, bet the spend requirement is based on existing card spend.
I think it is. Most of my spend was more than 6 months ago. Only $1k-$2k in the last 6 months and I was offered 3,500 for $750 spend.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 2:53 pm

I fished for a retention offer again today and was offered nothing. I opted to use 3,500 pts to pay the annual fee. As an FYI, I was told that it can take 6-8 weeks for the $49 credit to post.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by StevenH123
As an FYI, I was told that it can take 6-8 weeks for the $49 credit to post.
That has been my experience. The first time I used points for the fee, the credit still hadn't posted after 4 months and I had to call. Subsequently I have received the credit but it has taken 1-2 months.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 12:41 am

Any reasons to maintain Platinum package after the demise of 50% FPs bonus ?

Bonus is gone for Cash+ too, so what's remaining? Only AF for 3500 FPs

Time to move down to Gold...
Old Sep 7, 2013, 6:19 pm

I really need to find a $400ish flight to spend my points on. I think I am for fee in November.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by neophyte
Any reasons to maintain Platinum package after the demise of 50% FPs bonus ?

Bonus is gone for Cash+ too, so what's remaining? Only AF for 3500 FPs

Time to move down to Gold...
I thought Platinum personal still gets .25 pt credit. Branch person told me this today as well for confirmation. No bonus on Business Platinum.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:48 am

Has anyone else had problems completing a flight booking using flex points? After selecting flights and hitting continue, I get a page not found error. Two days in a row, multiple browsers. Anyone else?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by zs58
Has anyone else had problems completing a flight booking using flex points? After selecting flights and hitting continue, I get a page not found error. Two days in a row, multiple browsers. Anyone else?
I booked one 4 days ago. I think there is a number you can call to book over the phone but I don't know it. Maybe search this thread or call the award center - they're quite nice.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
I thought Platinum personal still gets .25 pt credit. Branch person told me this today as well for confirmation. No bonus on Business Platinum.
I got a letter a few weeks ago saying the bonus was going away entirely for personal Platinum holders. This was also disclosed in a recent statement. The website still shows the bonus for biz Platinum.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by StevenH123
As an FYI, I was told that it can take 6-8 weeks for the $49 credit to post.
It only took 2 business days to post. Not sure why they told me 6-8 weeks.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Just noticed that the rewards site has a crawler on it. Guess what? Enhancements are coming to the reward site!! Reward site will be unavailable from Oct 1 - Oct 6. It also said, 'redeem now!'

Enhancements are very rarely good. I'm planning on taking their advice and emptying my acct of points before these new and 'most wonderful' new enhancements.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by mile ho
Just noticed that the rewards site has a crawler on it. Guess what? Enhancements are coming to the reward site!! Reward site will be unavailable from Oct 1 - Oct 6. It also said, 'redeem now!'

Enhancements are very rarely good. I'm planning on taking their advice and emptying my acct of points before these new and 'most wonderful' new enhancements.
I'm hoping that's a side of effect of the discontinuation of Travelocity's backend and that they're switching to something that's not quite as crap. Simple devaluations rarely require multi-day downtime.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:33 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Is there a US Bank Retentions thread?

Just called on a FlexPerks card from the Olympics promo. Have actually been using it consistently for about $400/month. No offers. This was my second call. However, I was able to convert to the Cash+ card with the unusual rotating category bonuses. Had been wanting to pick up that card but the signup bonus is never high enough. Also did not want to completely close out this account since the CL is so high.

So I'd consider that a win.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyInvestor
I got a letter a few weeks ago saying the bonus was going away entirely for personal Platinum holders. This was also disclosed in a recent statement. The website still shows the bonus for biz Platinum.
What? You said back in post 667 that the bonus was gone from the Platinum Bus web site as well. Now you are saying it is back? Reps have told me as well that there is no Bus Plat bonus anymore.

What I have been told is the Pers Plat will continue at .25 bonus instead of the .5 .

This is a very confused company, however, so it could be anything. I may find out when the pers account closes in a couple of days if I get the .25 or not.

I would still like to get 2.25 pts for bonus category spending.

Doing some more searching on hotels, it looks like they go up to 1.5x in tiers as well.

A very nice deal is a stay at all inclusive Riu Guanacaste, Costa Rica for a little under $199/night which is 40K flexperks. Jump to November when it is $201 night, and it is 50K flexperks.

It costs me about $124 in VR fees to gather 40K flexperks at 2.25 pts/dollar. So hotels are not a bad redemption either. Sure, that is worth up to an $800 flight but it also looks to be worth up to a $600 hotel.

From running a few searches, it looks like tiers for hotels jump at 1.5x the points. Just like the flights, you want to be at the high end of the tier.

10K up to $150
20K $150 up to < $300
30K $300 to < $450
40K $450 to < $600
50K $600 to < $750
70K $750 to < $10500
100K $10500 to < $1500

Similar to flights as well, a good way to do this, is to find a great rate at a resort using something like travelocity's flexible rate calendar, then plan the # of nights to get to the top tier.

I am hoping "enhancements" people are talking about here aren't a serious devaluation of these points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.