US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:38 pm

How easy is it to downgrade this card to no annual fee?

If so, are the points still valid at the same rate for air travel?
20k up to $400
30k up to $600
etc.

Thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 6:33 pm

Transferable?

Are these points freely transferable?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 8:54 pm

US Bank Flexperks Select Rewards from Flexperks

Hi, does anyone know if downgrading to this card from US Bank Flexperks, keeps your Flexperks points at the same ticket redemption rates?

Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by prasha11
Are these points freely transferable?
Nope, you can use them to book flights directly via travelocity. You earn the miles on the tickets purchased, but the system is not like Ultimate Rewards or Membership Rewards.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 5:21 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Nope, you can use them to book flights directly via travelocity. You earn the miles on the tickets purchased, but the system is not like Ultimate Rewards or Membership Rewards.
They are freely transferable between members though @:-)
Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:19 am

Programs: UA, AA peon
Originally Posted by lunettes noires
Anybody know how long it takes the "airline allowance" credit to post? I called over 2 weeks ago and was told the charge was okay but still haven't seen anything post online. Do I need to wait until the next statement or should I call again? (took me several tries to get to the right dept through their confusing phone tree so I'm not in a big hurry to do that again)
Just in case it helps somebody else, a couple weeks after posting this I got a letter back in the mail that said they were unable to match my purchases to a flight purchased with points. I eventually called in again and was told that you basically have to fly the entire ticket before they can process the credit successfully (I had used mine to buy 2 segments for different trips after having a terrible time finding a complete trip that fit under the limit to redeem for 20K pts, and had only flown one of those segments the first time I called).

Three weeks after I flew the second segment, I finally saw the airline allowance credit on my statement. So for those who were wondering, I can confirm that you can use the credit for Economy+ seats < $25.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 8:26 am

I really wish the Travelocity booking portal weren't such a worthless piece of junk. Seems like it basically looks for a couple (absurdly priced) flight options and then gives up...and if your desired ticket is more than 4 segments, you're SOL, since the multi-destination is capped at 4 flights.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by gloreglabert
I really wish the Travelocity booking portal weren't such a worthless piece of junk. Seems like it basically looks for a couple (absurdly priced) flight options and then gives up...and if your desired ticket is more than 4 segments, you're SOL, since the multi-destination is capped at 4 flights.
I usually check the site first and then call them(they don't charge phone booking fees) sometimes they seem to be able with more complicated flights.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by stealph
I usually check the site first and then call them(they don't charge phone booking fees) sometimes they seem to be able with more complicated flights.
Yeah, I tried that...except then they can't see web special fares, so the fare they quote me is 3x higher than the one I'm looking at on ITA for the exact same flights.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Yeah, I tried that...except then they can't see web special fares, so the fare they quote me is 3x higher than the one I'm looking at on ITA for the exact same flights.
Gotcha. Good good to know as I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:30 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
It seems to be not quite as simple as that. I've had the portal quote me what are apparently unpublished discount (consolidator?) fares while also NOT quoting published regular fares. (This is important when booking on Delta, since only published fares earn full MQMs.)

Maybe there's something in the background with bulk fares and commissions we can't see, that biases the results in Travelocity's favor? I haven't been able to pick up the pattern.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Applied for this card as part of other apps on June 28. No instant approval. It now shows up on my online banking account along with the club carlson card but doesn't show the credit limit. So took about 8 business days. I froze ARS/IDA and they pulled EQ for me.

It's weird that they call this a travel rewards card yet charge foreign transaction fees. Otherwise seems like a good program.

Do they send out offers later to get a checking account for some more points?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
Do they send out offers later to get a checking account for some more points?
If you have a Platinum Checking account with them, you get a 50% bump on base points earned.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyInvestor
If you have a Platinum Checking account with them, you get a 50% bump on base points earned.
But I think unfortunately only for another month or so, correct? Waiting to see. I have made good use of that extra 50% bump but am concerned it is going away.

Available until August 10, 2013, earn a 50% monthly bonus on rewards earned for net purchases (purchases minus credits and returns) with a U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® or FlexPerks® Visa® Credit Card.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
But I think unfortunately only for another month or so, correct? Waiting to see. I have made good use of that extra 50% bump but am concerned it is going away.

Available until August 10, 2013, earn a 50% monthly bonus on rewards earned for net purchases (purchases minus credits and returns) with a U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® or FlexPerks® Visa® Credit Card.
Wow! Thanks for the heads-up! I researched the fine print. The bonus is going away entirely for personal platinum packages. It remains in place (for now) for business platinum package accountholders but the bonus points will be awarded annually instead of monthly.

Looks like it's time to find a new card. Without the bonus, there's nothing particularly special about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.