US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Not everything at Neiman Marcus is always so high priced. It's just that I had to go during a sale, and limit myself to stuff that was on sale.
I'll have to keep that in mind. I was looking for shirts but the cheapest right now was $130. I'll do some more research and may take advantage of it. Thanks for the input.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:48 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by rc408
I'll have to keep that in mind. I was looking for shirts but the cheapest right now was $130. I'll do some more research and may take advantage of it. Thanks for the input.
I don't usually shop at NM either, but I stock up on Clinique makeup at Macy's every few months. I'm going to stock up at NM this time around. Prices don't seem to differ.
Old May 1, 2013, 12:09 pm

Help! I've had & used this card for a long time and have 131,000 points on it. I need 140k for 2 tickets to Europe (travel is in late Sept.).
I'll buy the points if I have to ($270), but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some very fast posting bonuses?
Does anyone know how fast points post? I'm not against mis-charging a work expense (at which I would get reimbursed by my company) against it, but how long will it take them to show up after I pay it? I never paid attention to it before so need some suggestions.
Thanks!
Old May 1, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some very fast posting bonuses?
Does anyone know how fast points post? I'm not against mis-charging a work expense (at which I would get reimbursed by my company) against it, but how long will it take them to show up after I pay it? I never paid attention to it before so need some suggestions.
Thanks!
Fastest probably would be to charge airfare, i.e. buy a fully refundable ticket and get double points posted promptly after statement closing.
(see your Point History)
(Or get 3x for "Give to Charity")
Old May 1, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
Help! I've had & used this card for a long time and have 131,000 points on it. I need 140k for 2 tickets to Europe (travel is in late Sept.).
I'll buy the points if I have to ($270), but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some very fast posting bonuses?
Thanks!
Purchase 9 or so giftcards or reloadables at grocery stores.out of pocket under $50. Feel free to PM for details.
Old May 4, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Got a mailing this week about different ways to earn FlexPoints. On the last page, it listed DailyFeats.com as "Earn FlexPoints for healthy habits."

Well, I signed up yesterday and I already have enough points to redeem for 500 FlexPoints. That's the good news.

The bad news is that I can only redeem for FlexPoints once every 3 months and all the other rewards are pretty much junk. Oh, well, it's a super easy extra 2000 FlexPoints per year! Why, yes, thank you, I will take $40 free in travel for doing next to nothing.
Old May 5, 2013, 9:42 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
cancel AA ticket from flexpoints

hello,

i booked an AA ticket using flexpoints, the cost shown in AA website is 390 usd, it is international. if i cancel it before departure, do i get the voucher to be applied against future ticket? the change fee is dedcuted from the value of the voucher before i use it, right?

thanks.
Old May 5, 2013, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
What are flexpoints?
Old May 5, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Ready2Go
What are flexpoints?
us bank currency.
Old May 5, 2013, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by pbd456
hello,

i booked an AA ticket using flexpoints, the cost shown in AA website is 390 usd, it is international. if i cancel it before departure, do i get the voucher to be applied against future ticket? the change fee is dedcuted from the value of the voucher before i use it, right?

thanks.
I am not familiar with flexpoints, but if this was a normal paid ticket, you would not get a voucher at first. You would simply apply the ticket value toward another ticket, less the change fee. Any remaining value after that would be given as a voucher.
Old May 6, 2013, 12:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by pbd456
us bank currency.
As your question is about the way your US Bank program works, it's been moved to the Credit Card Programs forum.

~Microwave
AAdvantage Forum Co-moderator
Old May 6, 2013, 9:49 am

Upgrading to US Bank FlexPerks

Hello everyone,

I currently have the US Bank Platinum card which I just keep to help AAoA but rarely ever use. I just read about the Niemen Marcus offer of 3500 points for $50 purchase but I would have upgrade to the US Bank FlexPerks card to take advantage.
I called US Bank and I qualify to upgrade, but looking at the benefits on the website it doesn't seem like there's much advantage in the FlexPerks over the Platinum. I'd get 1 point for dollar vs 1 point for 2 dollars with FlexPerks. It seems as if the FlexPerks card is better for redeeming for travel but I am not sure if the Platinum has those capabilities either and the phone rep was not very helpful.
Any suggestions or places to look for more info?

Thank you
Old May 7, 2013, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
Got a mailing this week about different ways to earn FlexPoints. On the last page, it listed DailyFeats.com as "Earn FlexPoints for healthy habits."
Did you need a Promo Code for the Flexperks signup or is it just part of the general program?
Old May 7, 2013, 3:54 pm

Question If I cancel in 24 hours, do my award points get redeposited?

Sorry if this has been asked before; forty pages is a lot to go through. I know that according to the law, I have 24 hours to cancel a purchased flight and get my money back. My question is, does this law apply to airline tickets purchased with US BANK Flexperks rewards? I tried calling US BANK and was not getting a clear explanation. The CS agent just kept saying that what happens is dependent on the airlines. She couldn't tell me with a simple yes or no if the law applies to rewards points.

I would like to know if I "purchase" a flight with Flexperks Points, and cancel within 24 hours, would those points be redeposited into my Flexperks account?
Old May 7, 2013, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sound48
I just read about the Niemen Marcus offer of 3500 points for $50 purchase but I would have upgrade to the US Bank FlexPerks card to take advantage.
Upgrading is not enough to get the NM offer. You also have to be targeted for it. It's not clear, for example, if they're already done targeting everyone they're to target. (If that is indeed the case, then no one who gets the card now, whether through upgrading or "from scratch", might get targeted, even if they might have been targeted had they had the card already earlier this year.)

And not everyone who has the card got that particular NM bonus. That's been documented in recent pages of this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.