US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerksŽ Gold American ExpressŽ Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerksŽ Travel Rewards Visa SignatureŽ Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerksŽ Select+ American ExpressŽ Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Airline allowance - tax-free item ?

I've used Flexpoints for a number of International tix, but have never been able to use the in-flight $25 allowance, altho I've had some "creative ideas".
Plenty of free food, booz, upgraded seats, checked bags, entertainment etc, so there's no real incentive to use the allowance on board.

Unless one is allowed to make a tax-free purchase - I've asked this question over a year ago, without a response.

Last edited by Travelomania; Mar 27, 2013 at 11:47 am
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts
Now that I ponder this further, I'm wondering if the $25 applies to each leg of a round-trip ticket or instead is a maximum limit for the entire trip. Has anyone had success in being refunded a total of more than $25 for a round-trip ticket?
It's $25 per award redemption. Doesn't matter one-way or rt.

When I had a skyguide membership, I double reimbursed lounge passes through Skyguide and FlexPerks.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by AZWildcat97
Oh, I didn't know I had to call them to request credit, thanks!

I wonder if Delta sells gift certificates or something similar I can apply towards a future flight.
Actually, I just looked up the notes I took of the redemption terms, and it's a bit more restrictive:

Each airline award ticket comes with an airline allowance of up to $25, usable towards baggage fees or in-flight food, drinks, or entertainment. Call 877-978-7446 within 90 days after your award flight to request a statement credit.

Qualified purchases are purchases made with your FlexPerks Travel Rewards card that post under the airline carrier providing your award travel flight between the dates of your award travel flight.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta PM
I wonder if they'll know the difference between baggage fees, food, etc. and Economy Plus seat upgrade if I buy my seat on the day of travel.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 10:02 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Regarding full MQM credit for Delta flights

I booked a 20k point ticket with Delta flights this month. In the process, I noticed that if you hover over the link to the fare rules on the purchase page, the URL will have the full fare code embedded. Something like: "VA21R2SP"

Comparing this to a list of published fare codes from the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...lity-tool.html it looks like about half of them were in the list.

I'm not sure how significant any of that is but I made sure the ticket I booked had only codes listed in KVS and Delta verified I had booked a full MQM ticket.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:51 pm

US Bank FlexPerks Travel Awards ???'s

Two questions.

What's the best way to get the most bang for your buck for these points?

It seems like domestic flights can be had for 20,000 points but haven't had any luck on international flights for less that 50,000 points.

Also, has anybody ever submitted a photo for the contest to win Flexpoints?
Any trouble with submissions?

I tried it for the first time this month and my submission was held in pending mode for a week and was finally approved. It cost me 10 days worth of potential votes.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by philemer; Apr 10, 2013 at 9:06 am Reason: removed self-promotional link
Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:58 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bison0094

It seems like domestic flights can be had for 20,000 points but haven't had any luck on international flights for less that 50,000 points.
It's a tiered system where a certain number of points = certain retail dollar value of ticket:

The best redemption is exactly on the point level boundary. Thus, using 20k points for a $400 ticket = 2 cents per point.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by bison0094
Two questions.

Also, has anybody ever submitted a photo for the contest to win Flexpoints?
Any trouble with submissions?

I tried it for the first time this month and my submission was held in pending mode for a week and was finally approved. It cost me 10 days worth of potential votes.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
I just fininished my min. spend on my second card. Whenever I see those sub-$1000 fares to Asia on the Flight Deal Blog, I start thinking about my flexpoints balance.

I'm planning on using 20K points for a domestic ticket, and 30K for a long weekend in the Caribbean.

Question: I thought you could only submit a travel photo from a trip you took using a ticket bought with Flexpoints. Am I wrong?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:40 am

$25 Airline Allowance follow up

I called the services line and it was explained to me that the $25 allowance is per ticket and can be used for services offered by the airline ONLY during your flights, specifically designed to cover baggage fees and food & beverage purchases. It might cover entertainment (possibly wifi) and lounge access during a layover. Also a purchase in the lounge could be covered.
It's all up to the Travel Center's approval after you made your purchase and submitted it.

If it's on international flights you might be out of luck, since everything is basically covered by the airline and it was repeatedly mentioned that the Travel Center would check with the airline to verify your charge after you've submitted it for the allowance.
So I guess if your purchase comes up as "Duty Free" - even when made during your flight - it would not qualify as an on-board service rendered by the airline.
Even the order of a gourmet meal as an upgrade of your regular meal would not qualify as such, I was told.

When asked, the several agents I talked to, could not confirm if even a seat-upgrade in coach to Economy Comfort would qualify.

Anyone have experience with the use of the allowance for a seat upgrade ?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
I just fininished my min. spend on my second card. Whenever I see those sub-$1000 fares to Asia on the Flight Deal Blog, I start thinking about my flexpoints balance.

I'm planning on using 20K points for a domestic ticket, and 30K for a long weekend in the Caribbean.

Question: I thought you could only submit a travel photo from a trip you took using a ticket bought with Flexpoints. Am I wrong?
Why don't you call and verify ?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Travelomania
I called the services line and it was explained to me that the $25 allowance is per ticket and can be used for services offered by the airline ONLY during your flights, specifically designed to cover baggage fees and food & beverage purchases. It might cover entertainment (possibly wifi) and lounge access during a layover. Also a purchase in the lounge could be covered.
It's all up to the Travel Center's approval after you made your purchase and submitted it.

If it's on international flights you might be out of luck, since everything is basically covered by the airline and it was repeatedly mentioned that the Travel Center would check with the airline to verify your charge after you've submitted it for the allowance.
So I guess if your purchase comes up as "Duty Free" - even when made during your flight - it would not qualify as an on-board service rendered by the airline.
Even the order of a gourmet meal as an upgrade of your regular meal would not qualify as such, I was told.

When asked, the several agents I talked to, could not confirm if even a seat-upgrade in coach to Economy Comfort would qualify.

It's interesting you were told the purchase of gourmet meal upgrade would not be allowed on a international flight, as that's exactly what I used it for on a US Air flight to Europe last fall. Mrs. Skaps21 and I (both on FlexPerks award tickets) each purchased the MarketPlace meal in advance of the flight and had no problems getting the credit applied.

The fine print only states the purchase has to be posted under the airline providing your award travel during the dates of the trip. So, seat upgrades billed by the airline should work also, but duty free purchases in-flight (most likely billed by a different company) probably would not.

The photo submission thing also seems like an overlooked perk. You get 500 points just for uploading a picture, which is worth $10 if you can actually find a $400 to use for 20K points. I've never had issuses with the couple times submitting photos, but I've only done it following an actual award trip.

Last edited by skaps21; Apr 17, 2013 at 11:01 am Reason: mistake
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by skaps21
It's interesting you were told the purchase of gourmet meal upgrade would not be allowed on a international flight, as that's exactly what I used it for on a US Air flight to Europe last fall. Mrs. Skaps21 and I (both on FlexPerks award tickets) each purchased the MarketPlace meal in advance of the flight and had no problems getting the credit applied.

The fine print only states the purchase has to be posted under the airline providing your award travel during the dates of the trip. So, seat upgrades billed by the airline should work also, but duty free purchases in-flight (most likely billed by a different company) probably would not.

The photo submission thing also seems like an overlooked perk. You get 500 points just for uploading a picture, which is worth $10 if you can actually find a $400 to use for 20K points. I've never had issuses with the couple times submitting photos, but I've only done it following an actual award trip.
Interesting indeed and very helpful information - Thanks ^
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Travelomania

FYI, posted by me almost 2 years ago:
Originally Posted by nabeelj
I bought a C$75 Air Canada gift certificate last year to take advantage of the US$25 per ticket travel reimbursement on a redemption of Flexpoints toward 3 tickets Air Canada domestic.
It's a manual process, so as long as the date falls within your travel period and the merchant is the airline you're flying, you should be fine.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:43 am

Programs: UA, AA peon
Anybody know how long it takes the "airline allowance" credit to post? I called over 2 weeks ago and was told the charge was okay but still haven't seen anything post online. Do I need to wait until the next statement or should I call again? (took me several tries to get to the right dept through their confusing phone tree so I'm not in a big hurry to do that again)
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:35 am

New bonus point offers

New FlexPerks promo begining May 1, 2013. Spend $750 and receive 3,500 bonus miles. Also spend $50 at Nieman Marcus and get 3,500 bonus points. I can't figure out how to add a link to the info without my CC info showing up so here is the text of the first offer:

Earn 3,500 FlexPoints when you use your card. Use your FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa SignatureŽ card for $750 in purchases from May 1–June 30, 2013, and you'll receive 3,500 bonus FlexPoints. You can redeem 3,500 FlexPoints for your annual fee or combine them with other FlexPoints for other rewards.

Nieman Marcus Offer:

Shopping at Neiman Marcus earns you 3,500 bonus FlexPoints.
Shop for favorite designers' spring styles at Neiman Marcus or neimanmarcus.com, and earn 3,500 bonus FlexPoints. Simply spend $50 or more using your FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa SignatureŽ card anytime from May 6 through May 19, 2013.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.